Christians and Trump--two perspectives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Right back atcha, champ. There is indeed a side which wants to minimize what happened. I'm not on that side. There is also a side which wants to exaggerate what happened. I'm not on that side either. I agree, the facts don't care about my feelings - which is why I'm going to decline your offer to believe whatever I want.

January 6th happened. It was a riot. It was stupid, and those who took part merited punishment - in line with the punishment received by other rioters, both there and elsewhere. Calling it an insurrection is an insult to the very idea of an insurrection. the "insurrectionists" didn't kill anybody, didn't even attempt to kill anybody, didn't attempt to disrupt - much less overthrow - the government, didn't attempt to even take anyone hostage, generally respected, rather than destroyed, government property once they got inside....

I stand by my earlier assessment, your emotively dismissive reply notwithstanding. The irony of you accusing me of going by my feelings is rich indeed.
    This is interesting:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...299b4aaf&ei=44

I didn't realize that minimizing the insurrection of January 6th was a MAGA right wing talking point. I guess it has to be, otherwise the orange savior is shown in a poor light, and they can't have that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy View Post

This is interesting:

I didn't realize that minimizing the insurrection of January 6th was a MAGA right wing talking point. I guess it has to be, otherwise the orange savior is shown in a poor light, and they can't have that.
      Weaponizing the Jan6 Riot by the left and maximizing it for political gain has been a major source of fundraising, including repeating outright lies that had already been proven false.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This is interesting:

My apologies, I didn't know you were here merely to troll.

Carry on.
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Weaponizing the Jan6 Riot by the left and maximizing it for political gain has been a major source of fundraising, including repeating outright lies that had already been proven false.
          OF COURSE it is a source of funraising! People are angry that this happened. Now you are saying that it is an outright lie. I realize that you have to deny the insurrection riot and minimize it. This lets you support your orange leader for reasons of your own. You and OBP can have Trump. Good luck and have a good day.

Comment

My apologies, I didn't know you were here merely to troll.

Carry on.
            Thank you. I just thought it was note worthy that Erick Erickson was caught selling the same brand of cow manure that you are trying to sell me.

We now return you to Fox and Friends in progress.
            Last edited by Timothy; 04-17-2024, 12:41 PM. Reason: caught

Comment

OF COURSE it is a source of funraising!
              Democrats don't do anything fun.

People are angry that this happened.
              Yeah, me, too!

Now you are saying that it is an outright lie.
              No, sir - you saying that I'm saying it is an outright lie would be an outright lie.
              I NEVER said that, and have consistently called it a riot, and I'm in favor of everybody who broke the law being charged and prosecuted (but to the same extent as any other rioter would be).

I realize that you have to deny the insurrection riot and minimize it.
              No, sir - it was a riot - WAY out of control.

This lets you support your orange leader for reasons of your own.
              Jesus Christ is my leader, Timothy - I just don't lose my ever-lovin' mind over a mere man like some of you do.

You and OBP can have Trump.
              I know I don't want him, and I'm pretty sure OBP feels the same way.

Good luck
              I don't believe in luck.

and have a good day.
              To me, every day is a good day!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Thank you. I just thought it was note worthy that Erick Erickson was caught selling the same brand of cow manure that you are trying to sell me.

We now return you to Fox and Friends in progress.
                There was no need to continue providing evidence I had you pegged.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

No, sir - you saying that I'm saying it is an outright lie would be an outright lie.
                  I NEVER said that...
                  Do you ever read what you post?
                  ...including repeating outright lies...

Comment

Do you ever read what you post?
                    I do, and I also read where you absolutely misrepresented my position.
                    I'll be gracious, however, and chalk it up to ignorance on your part, not malevolence.

That better?

Comment

• I'll type this really slowly for you, my dear son, Timothy....

Originally posted by Timothy View Post
                      ....Now you are saying that it is an outright lie.....
                      Assuming you're referring to the riot - I never EVER said it was an outright lie.
                      That would be you lying about what I said. Cause I never EVER said that.

Comment

There was no need to continue providing evidence I had you pegged.
                        I just honestly did not know that referring to January 6th as a "riot" and not an "insurrection" was a MAGA talking point until I saw that news item. After I saw that, our discussion made perfect sense.

I know you have me pegged as a non-trumper. That's fair. I'm an original Never Trumper and I am proud that I remained Never-Trump from the beginning. It's due to Trump's vulgarity, immorality, indecency, dishonesty, mendacity, mockery, arrogance, and ignorance.

Comment

I just honestly did not know that referring to January 6th as a "riot" and not an "insurrection" was a MAGA talking point until I saw that news item. After I saw that, our discussion made perfect sense.

I know you have me pegged as a non-trumper. That's fair. I'm an original Never Trumper and I am proud that I remained Never-Trump from the beginning. It's due to Trump's vulgarity, immorality, indecency, dishonesty, mendacity, mockery, arrogance, and ignorance.
                          Bully for you. You appear to have me pegged as a MAGA Trump supporter. They may talk about it, but the observation is not a mere "talking point" and is hardly limited to them. I'm vaguely aware that Erick Erickson exists; he's not someone I seek out in forming my own opinions. I'm fairly certain I've never watched "Fox and Friends"; my TV doesn't get much use outside of football season.

sigpic

Comment

Bully for you. You appear to have me pegged as a MAGA Trump supporter. They may talk about it, but the observation is not a mere "talking point" and is hardly limited to them. I'm vaguely aware that Erick Erickson exists; he's not someone I seek out in forming my own opinions. I'm fairly certain I've never watched "Fox and Friends"; my TV doesn't get much use outside of football season.

I do. Birds of a feather flock together. You talk exactly like them.

Comment

This is the kind of thing that pushes people in the middle to the fringes. Although, given you are likely already on the fringe you probably want that. Gotta keep that hate train going.

Comment

One Bad Pig has never been an open Trump supporter here. How arrogant of you to come on here after a long absence and make confident, incorrect, claims about others who have been here the whole time.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment