No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Gossamer Gulch, A Fairy Tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Cause the story doesn't go like that, now does it?!" the Sphinx growls, "Things have to be right, don't they? A sphinx has to ask riddles, a troll has to fight goats and we're supposed to eat people on the road no matter how bad they taste!"
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      "Go right ahead. I'll die of boredom before those dull little teeth manage to scratch my hide. How did that fool get over there, anyway?"
      "I HEARD THAT!" Gades shouts from over the bridge.
      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

"Go right ahead. I'll die of boredom before those dull little teeth manage to scratch my hide. How did that fool get over there, anyway?"
        "Who says we'd eat you? Though feeding you to the tentacles before dashing across is decidedly a short-term solution."
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          "Who says we'd eat you? Though feeding you to the tentacles before dashing across is decidedly a short-term solution."
          "My grandmother was a mermaid - that was why Timmy asked me to help in the first place. I can breathe underwater and that thing takes a week to ingest anything. Bet these ropes rot sufficiently before then. That, and Timmy should be back any day now. You're not really good at this intimidation thing, are you? I'm a fairy tale villain - nasty ends are part of the contract. So either get on with it or get lost. You're no use, anyway."
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

"My grandmother was a mermaid - that was why Timmy asked me to help in the first place. I can breathe underwater and that thing takes a week to ingest anything. Bet these ropes rot sufficiently before then. That, and Timmy should be back any day now. You're not really good at this intimidation thing, are you? I'm a fairy tale villain - nasty ends are part of the contract. So either get on with it or get lost. You're no use, anyway."
            "So what you're saying is, we can toss you in there and not even feel guilty about killing you? I'm liking this plan more and more every second."
            Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

What's Timmy got to do with it? He couldn't deal with it either. And I'm sure even fairy tale villains would rather not spend a week underwater tangling with another villain. How have you tried to get rid of it so far?
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• "Aren't you listening? Timmy went to get his old man - the giant that lives at the top of the beanstalk. He should be big enough to pull that thing up by the roots. I tried clawing it to bits but it just grew everything back. Heck, I hit the base of one and it grew back two! Whatever that thing got into, it made it grow too big to just tear out a few tentacles and destroy the orb like a normal tentacali..."

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• "Oh, that giant. That sounds like a good plan."

[Did we need to go over this bridge?]
                  sigpic

Comment

• [Yep, unless you want to add a few days to your journey going around. I'm sure the Princess won't mind... much...]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• [How wide is the bridge, and what time of day is it?]
                      sigpic

Comment

[

Thirty yards for the bridge. Ten yards wide. The river is about 25 yards wide.]
                        [^ See above.

Yeah, I had to double check myself...]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• [We've got to get the horses across, don't we? ]

Twig says, "The bridge isn't all that long. I think if we get the horses up to a gallop, we have a good chance of getting across before the lurker can get many tentacles up there. Gades might try disturbing the water 40-ish yards upstream before we start."
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            [We've got to get the horses across, don't we? ]

Twig says, "The bridge isn't all that long. I think if we get the horses up to a gallop, we have a good chance of getting across before the lurker can get many tentacles up there. Gades might try disturbing the water 40-ish yards upstream before we start."
                            "Hey. Mister! What about us? We're hungry!" the youngest goat pleads.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• [Look, I know this is a fairy tale where sphinxes are descended from mermaids, but the idea that there's nothing a goat would eat on this side of the river is a little much. ]

"You could try sneaking across the bridge before we do. We could tie cloths around your hooves so you wouldn't walk so loud."
                              sigpic

Comment

• [Goats are browsers, not grazers. You're on the pasture side - they want the nice leaves on the woodland side. ]

"But how do we get home then?" the little goat asks, turning his big brown eyes up at you.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X