No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Gossamer Gulch, A Fairy Tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y'all hit tentacles, they retreat then return. Nothing changes.

You are NOT making progress and it's painfully obvious as the tentacles keep coming back up. No new ones seem to be appearing and quite a few have arrows stuck in them or scars from the wounds Siri and Gades have inflicted. There seem to be about forty-five tentacles in all, most huge although a few on the edges are smaller.

[Y'all gonna keep shooting it until the sphinx wakes up? ]
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• [Are those scars as in healed wounds? Anyway, the sphinx is a bit tied up at the moment (so we're in a position to give it a good thump on the noggin to send it back to sleep if that seems advisable).]
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• [ You don't see any open wounds except as they are created - you big meanies!

Sphinxy isn't going anywhere even once she wakes up.]
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Actions?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• [besides "wish I had a slashing weapon"?]

Siri goes back toward the sphinx and crouches down a few feet in front of its face (out of bite range), waiting for it to regain consciousness.
            Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• Seeing the futility of his actions, Gades hangs back and chugs another CMW Potion (Heals for 15 Damage)
              Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Twig joins the others by the sphinx.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Time passes slowly. The goats are nibbling on anything in reach that looks vaguely green. The grass is already low so they don't care for it. The sphinx moans occasionally but take its time waking up. The tentacles remain active for about thirty minutes before they all slowly slip back into the water.

There's some excitement when the sphinx finally wakes up. It struggles futilely to free itself for a bit then finally turns to Twig and Siri, "Well, what do you want?"

Actions?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• "I have a riddle for you. How did the adventurers and the goats cross the tentacle-infested river?"

Comment

• Glancing over its shoulder, it replies, "One either very lucky or very stupid one."

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• "Now, now, if you don't answer the riddle properly, you'll get eaten. Those are the rules, right?"

Comment

• "Go right ahead. I'll die of boredom before those dull little teeth manage to scratch my hide. How did that fool get over there, anyway?"

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            "Go right ahead. I'll die of boredom before those dull little teeth manage to scratch my hide. How did that fool get over there, anyway?"
                            "Same way I could, if I wanted to, but then I'd be leaving these poor goats over here all alone and hungry, just like the monster in the river I'm thinking of feeding you to."

Comment

• "Well, if Timmy couldn't kill the thing and I couldn't, how exactly did you think the goats would get across, anyway? Timmy went to get his old man to see if he could kill that thing. Do you have any idea how bad that thing is for business? Tourists come to see Timmy and EBG duke it out - not to see them both get yanked under by whatever that thing is."

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• At this, Siri rolls her eyes. "Well, why didn't you just say 'sorry, the bridge is closed due to tentacle infestation' instead of picking a fight with people who could take you down in ten seconds?"

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X