Game Thread: Gossamer Gulch, A Fairy Tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Bonus xp]
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Gades Shrugs, "Not particularly."
      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Twig shrugs. "We're already trying to solve one. Why not go for two?"
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

[So, do you talk to the nice goats, cram for the riddle quiz or just ride on up?]
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Gades approaches the goats. "What seems to be the problem, folks?"

Comment

The three goats all look around at you, the smallest hiding behind the largest's legs. The largest speaks, "Greetings, Man. We cannot cross the Troll Bridge. The thing guarding it insists on having an answer to its riddle and we don't know the answer."

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

[Q: what is the air speed of an unladen migratory swallow?
                A: I fart in your general direction!

Room-looting, check. Monty Python reference, check. I may figure out this "role-playing" thing yet!]

"What is the riddle?"
                Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

"What walks on four legs in the morning, two legs at noon and three legs at night but never tells you why it crosses the road?"

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Siri nods thoughtfully as she takes it in, then beckons her colleagues in close. She whispers,

"Here's what I think... one of us draws it out, the other two get the drop on it."

[Role-playing cliche #3: violence as the first resort rather than the last]
                    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

[]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Twig whispers, "I'd go with answering 'a king' first, but I like your option as a fall-back."
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Gades whispers, "I like your little backup plan... though, the 'crossing the road' bit makes me think the answer is a Chicken. However, doesn't explain the 'different number of legs' portion of the riddle."

Comment

Twig whispers, "A king crawls when a baby, walks as a man, and uses a cane as an old man, and doesn't tell anyone why he's doing anything. Anybody have a better suggestion?"

sigpic

Comment

Gades raises an eyebrow and cocks his head to the right, "When you put it that way, Twig, it makes sense."

Comment

"Hey, can we go with you? I'm reeeeeaaaallly hungry." asks the smallest goat.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X