Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    [why do we have horses, and why are we on this road?]
    [Because thus saith the DM. Our hearts said that we needed to go thisaway. ]

"If you don't have a preference, I think I'll just dash across the bridge; I don't feel like getting wet. Are you coming with me?"

Twig takes Gades' horse on a lead and prepares to charge across.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• [The horses can conveniently cease to exist if you guys would rather walk... ]
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• "... alright, fine."

Siri follows twig's lead.
        Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• The goats decide to follow - hunger being stronger than common sense.

[So, what do you do with your new pet? And give me three d20 rolls each one you start across.]
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• [the sphinx can stay tied up and at 1 hp until someone rescues it. And the goats can be as stupid as they like.]

Comment

• Twig cuts the sphinx free enough so that it can finish the job with some effort right before he dashes across.

[Having trouble parsing your request, but . . . 18, 18, 2. ]
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• [20, 9, 6]

Comment

• Galloping across, the intrepid pair, followed by their temporary goat minions, make good time and have a seemingly easy run across...

Right up until Twig's horse stumbles.

[if you don't have a special skill for staying on a stumbling horse, roll under Dex.]

Siri's horse also stumbles in nearly the same spot but recovers quickly.

[Same thing but you don't have to worry - unless you roll a 1... ]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• [15 without bonuses, 17, I think, with my DEX bonus.]

Comment

• Siri recovers easily...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        Galloping across, the intrepid pair, followed by their temporary goat minions, make good time and have a seemingly easy run across...

Right up until Twig's horse stumbles.

[if you don't have a special skill for staying on a stumbling horse, roll under Dex.]

Siri's horse also stumbles in nearly the same spot but recovers quickly.

[Same thing but you don't have to worry - unless you roll a 1... ]
                        [rolled a 6 (+4=10)]
                        sigpic

Comment

• Twig manages to stay on his horse - although it isn't pretty. Both Siri and Twig make it across. The middle goat also stumbles but his big brother grabs him and carries him across.

As you turn back to look at the bridge, you see it writhing with tentacles once again. Gades saw them come up quickly right behind the group as it passed. Good thing they're dumb, you realize - had they been smart enough to try to get in front you'd have been caught.

The sphinx has already freed itself and is laughing hysterically, safe on the other side of the river.

Actions?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• [Why not continue on our merry way to the Gulch?]
                            sigpic

Comment

• [We're off to see the wizard! Oh, wait... ]

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Siri gives Gades as many Cure Minor Wounds from her magic item as he needs before they move on.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X