Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Batman V Superman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    If Batman and Superman had a sparring match, who would win?
    With or without kryptonite?
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      Either way, with super speed, wind/ice breath, and laser vision, Superman would totally wipe the floor with Batman, without even getting in close, in an emotionally unfettered one-on-one regardless of what we've been led to believe in storylines like The Dark Knight Returns or the Tower of Babel. There are a lot of technically overpowered heroes in the DC universe that could give Superman a run for his money, but I don't think Batman is one of them. I say this as an old Marvel nerd more than a DC one though, so maybe I'm off. (though I can't really read either anymore...just so much social politics and soap opera than action adventure in the big two).

Comment

It's a fight for fun. Can Clark beat Batman without injuring him in a sparring match? And why would Batman use kryptonite in a sparring match? Unless he wanted to train Superman to fight even when under the influence of kryptonite.
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

well if they went to someplace under a red sun, then I would bet Batman would win. He has more experience in actual fighting, where Superman mostly relies on his superpowers to defeat bad guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            well if they went to someplace under a red sun, then I would bet Batman would win. He has more experience in actual fighting, where Superman mostly relies on his superpowers to defeat bad guys.
            Of course Batman would win in that scenario! The version of Clark in the movie doesn't really have any fighting skills. So, Batman ought to teach him some skills. Thus the sparring match. Still might be dangerous. Clark could accidentally kill Bruce when superpowered.

Comment

Batman used kryptonite.
              . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
                Batman used kryptonite.
                Of course. I'm talking about a hypothetical training session and the probability that Clark would accidentally injure Bruce by sparring with him.

Comment

What would happen if Clark somehow started acting like Tigger(red kryptonite, magic, super caffeine)?

Comment

I meant to write this earlier, but my phone went wacko.

I think the movie is a mixed bag. It's not a bad movie, but it's not
                    "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
                    -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                      What would happen if Clark somehow started acting like Tigger(red kryptonite, magic, super caffeine)?
                      What if you had x-ray vision? Could you promise never to do anything naughty with it?

Comment

Originally posted by T-Shirt Ninja View Post
                        I meant to write this earlier, but my phone went wacko.

I think the movie is a mixed bag. It's not a bad movie, but it's not
                        But it's not.... Not what!!? What is is not!??

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                          What if you had x-ray vision? Could you promise never to do anything naughty with it?
                          would using it cause people to get cancer?

In the real world, OSHA would ban superman from using X-Ray vision because of the ionizing radiation. Can you imagine the lawsuits he would have?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            would using it cause people to get cancer?

In the real world, OSHA would ban superman from using X-Ray vision because of the ionizing radiation. Can you imagine the lawsuits he would have?
                            Good point.

Technically though, it's probably better to call Superman's X-ray vision see-through vision since he can apparently see a lot more than a standard X-ray shows. Course, he still can't see through led, so...there's that.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                              Good point.

Technically though, it's probably better to call Superman's X-ray vision see-through vision since he can apparently see a lot more than a standard X-ray shows. Course, he still can't see through led, so...there's that.
                              yeah... never explained how it works. It would have to beam something out to penetrate the object, and somehow bounce back to his retinas so he could actually see through it. And be able to focus it a different levels or he would just see through everything and therefore not actually see anything.

And his super hearing is odd too. It appears to have a volume control and some sort of focus, otherwise he would be deafened when someone up close made a sound.

Comment

Y'all are overthinking this. It's like how comic books and cartoons use to have lasers blow things up or disintegrate rather than burn a whole through it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment