Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Batman V Superman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    If you go to a superhero smack down movie looking for a plot, you get what you deserve
    This is a guy who loves superhero movies fully understanding you don't go in expecting a deep movie.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So, how do you feel about what Batman wanted to do to Superman?
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
        So, how do you feel about what Batman wanted to do to Superman?
        The film is lifted in part directly from The Dark Knight Returns, which is iconic, largely due to the fact that it pits Batman vs. Superman. Batman's motivation in the film isn't as clear cut as it is in that graphic novel, and I imagine that was because of the time restraints of a film. In both versions, this is an older, weary, but more determined Batman who's seen a lot of suffering and death, and they play on that a bit in the film, but I wish they could have explored it a bit more thoroughly. It would have been nice to see the series of events that made him the character he becomes.

But, you know, these superhero vs. superhero storylines are always what the fans want to see. I'm still looking forward to a Hulk vs. Thing throw down, though I know Thing would get is butt kicked.

Comment

I took the kids to see it yesterday. They liked it. I fell asleep, which I oftentimes do in theaters, so I missed some of the plot. Doubt I missed much 'though.
          אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
            I took the kids to see it yesterday. They liked it. I fell asleep, which I oftentimes do in theaters, so I missed some of the plot. Doubt I missed much 'though.
            A guy down the row from me fell asleep as well, and there was someone loudly snoring in the row behind my family for Force Awakens. You're paying $14 bucks a ticket if you're seeing it in 3D. That's an expensive nap.

Comment

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                They laugh at him in Germany too because the word for bat in german means flying mouse.
                But the costume is kinda cool.

47507-4.jpg
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Why does Alfred say it would be suicide for Batman to fight Superman? It would only be potentially lethal for Batman if he was correct about Superman being a potential threat. Since Bruce is wrong and Clark really is one of the good guys, Batman just got an opportunity to fight a Kryptonian and live to tell the tale.
                  The Big Blue Boyscout didn't want to kill Zod, but he couldn't find an alternative. In a battle of titans, Bats could get 86'd without Supes really intending it.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

I may get it when it comes out on DVD. Maybe.

I mostly liked Miller's work in DKR. Every time I reread it, I pick up more nuances about their relationship. At first, I hated it, because I grew up with the Silver Age "Super Friends" Batman and Superman, where they were about the same age, and pretty much best buds. I hated that Miller made Batman way older. But then it occurred to me -- and I'm not sure this is right, but it makes things more sensible to me -- that they were about the same age, but because of his Kryptonian physiology and the effects of the yellow sun, Miller's version of Clark ages slowly, if at all. Meanwhile, Bruce's arduous obsessive lifestyle left him looking rather more weathered than his 55 years of age. Clark looked barely 30, Bruce looked at least 60.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

I thought the armor was to help prevent Bruce from accidentally getting killed?

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                        I may get it when it comes out on DVD. Maybe.

I mostly liked Miller's work in DKR. Every time I reread it, I pick up more nuances about their relationship. At first, I hated it, because I grew up with the Silver Age "Super Friends" Batman and Superman, where they were about the same age, and pretty much best buds. I hated that Miller made Batman way older. But then it occurred to me -- and I'm not sure this is right, but it makes things more sensible to me -- that they were about the same age, but because of his Kryptonian physiology and the effects of the yellow sun, Miller's version of Clark ages slowly, if at all. Meanwhile, Bruce's arduous obsessive lifestyle left him looking rather more weathered than his 55 years of age. Clark looked barely 30, Bruce looked at least 60.
                        You strike me more as a Silver Surfer fan anyways.

Comment

I thought the armor was to help prevent Bruce from accidentally getting killed?
                          In the movie, which I've not seen, possibly so.

In DKR, which apparently inspired some of the movie, it was clear that even after Supes was significantly weakened by his proximity to the explosion of the Soviet "Coldbringer" nuke and its subsequent nuclear winter, he could easily have ripped armored Batman apart like Styrofoam.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                            You strike me more as a Silver Surfer fan anyways.
                            I'm eclectic. Fan of the Surfer, also Superman, the Martian Manhunter, and others.

My favorite was the superhero that the 1960's version of Captain Action *could* have been. But DC wasn't up to the task.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Does Clark Kent have more lives than a cat? Though, superheroes in general seem to have more lives than a cat.

Comment

If Batman and Superman had a sparring match, who would win?

Comment