Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Voters Support Bombing Cartoon Kingdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voters Support Bombing Cartoon Kingdom

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/poll-...210925490.html

I'm disturbed. Someone might support bombing Hearthstone next.

I heard about this, and then I realized how stupid America has gotten. Now I know why Republicans want to vote for Trump.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by jpholding View Post
      https://www.yahoo.com/politics/poll-...210925490.html

I'm disturbed. Someone might support bombing Hearthstone next.
      Sheesh. Everyone knows we need to bomb Ishtar first.

Although it already bombed

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Things like this are why I'm skeptical of the usefulness of universal suffrage. In theory, it's great that everyone has a voice. In practice, there are a lot of low-information voters out there. How many people voted for our current president because of his skin color and the ability to read well from a teleprompter? And how many people unthinkingly vote straight party line?
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Things like this are why I'm skeptical of the usefulness of universal suffrage. In theory, it's great that everyone has a voice. In practice, there are a lot of low-information voters out there. How many people voted for our current president because of his skin color and the ability to read well from a teleprompter? And how many people unthinkingly vote straight party line?
            This happened.

Heimberg: I voted for that Moseley Braun dude.

taoist: Umm, Mike, Moseley Braun's not a dude.

Heimberg: Yeah, well ...

taoist: And she's black.

Heimberg: #@!$

taoist:

Comment

Apparently a similar poll was taken after the results of this one were announced. I'll let everyone's favorite news source, Breitbart, tell the rest...

Source: 44% of Democrats Welcome Refugees from Agrabah, Home of Disney�s Aladdin

Source

© Copyright Original Source

So let's see if the same news outlets that gave the original story a lot of coverage since it provided an opportunity to snicker at those dumb Republicans will even cover this story since it indicates that the Democrats are even less informed.

Does anyone care to make a wager?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                So let's see if the same news outlets that gave the original story a lot of coverage since it provided an opportunity to snicker at those dumb Republicans will even cover this story since it indicates that the Democrats are even less informed.

Does anyone care to make a wager?
                Do ya remember my mentioning once or twice how when politics enters the picture, you lose the ability to do arithmetic?

Comment

So, what's the breakdown between Republicans and Democrats wanting to bomb Munchkinland? Whoever wants it more, gets my vote.
                  "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Are Repubs really as obtuse as Brieibark thinks they are, that they can be fooled by dueling polls that make a moral equivalence between BOMBING SOMEPLACE and letting in refugees (the poll said "refugees", not opportunists)? Are Repubs so callous that they think a dumbness equivalence is sufficient to give the nod to Repub superiority when the particular poll settles nothing except that many Repubs are monsters who will wantonly kill anybody and everybody as against Dems whose fault is merely a compassion for fellow humans in dire straits.

Here I am, a Rightist who can occasionally see his way clear to vote for such a one as Trump, yet this "moral equivalence" Breitbart sees makes me determined never to vote for Trump because such a large minority of people (his kind of people) bomb for the sake of bombing.

Jesse, you're so obviously making yourself look ridiculous to get yourself into one of the vacancies in my "Dirty Dozen" list that it just works against your ambition. I'll have to take everything you say from now one as just your jaded attempt to curry my disfavor. (But you might try dissing me about my Theodicy I posted in Theology 201. It's hard-hearted soteriology that gets my ire aroused in deciding who goes on my list.)
                    Last edited by Adam; 12-24-2015, 11:59 PM.
                    Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                      Are Repubs really as obtuse as Brieibark thinks they are, that they can be fooled by dueling polls that make a moral equivalence between BOMBING SOMEPLACE and letting in refugees (the poll said "refugees", not opportunists)? Are Repubs so callous that they think a dumbness equivalence is sufficient to give the nod to Repub superiority when the particular poll settles nothing except that many Repubs are monsters who will wantonly kill anybody and everybody as against Dems whose fault is merely a compassion for fellow humans in dire straits.

Here I am, a Rightist who can occasionally see his way clear to vote for such a one as Trump, yet this "moral equivalence" Breitbart sees makes me determined never to vote for Trump because such a large minority of people (his kind of people) bomb for the sake of bombing.

Jesse, you're so obviously making yourself look ridiculous to get yourself into one of the vacancies in my "Dirty Dozen" list that it just works against your ambition. I'll have to take everything you say from now one as just your jaded attempt to curry my disfavor. (But you might try dissing me about my Theodicy I posted in Theology 201. It's hard-hearted soteriology that gets my ire aroused in deciding who goes on my list.)
                      The point was that the Republicans polled agreed to bomb a place that didn't exist and that was what they were made fun of for. Being so ignorant that they didn't realize that Agrabah was where Aladdin lived in the Disney movie. This poll demonstrates that at least as many and likely more Democrats think that Agrabah is a real place.

And if I call you a poopiehead can I get on the shortlist of candidates for the Dirty Dozen list?

Poopiehead.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                        Do ya remember my mentioning once or twice how when politics enters the picture, you lose the ability to do arithmetic?
                        http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post276309

Comment

Your failure in your Post #11 to understand my point about Repub monstrous bloodthirstiness qualifies you for SOME "badness" list, but not mine. Your post kind of implies you can't see ill of people and condemn even what SHOULD be condemned. I'm looking for candidates who condemn people just to be condemning people whether or not they are guilty of ANYTHING except for God having it in for them.

I have too much appreciation for your diligent research to want to pronounce a pox upon you. Admit you're a good guy and slink away.
                          Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            The point was that the Republicans polled agreed to bomb a place that didn't exist and that was what they were made fun of for. Being so ignorant that they didn't realize that Agrabah was where Aladdin lived in the Disney movie. This poll demonstrates that at least as many and likely more Democrats think that Agrabah is a real place.
                            One question: What is the appropriate answer if you dohot.

Xylitolic Xmas

Roy
                            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Assuming large numbers of both parties did not recognize the reference, I think this is more of a problem for Republicans. Military action is not to be taken lightly and one should never authorize action for a situation they do not understand (if the place doesn't really exist they don't get the situation). Why would you want to bomb a place for seemingly no reason?

An openness to accept refugees from a nonexistent place is less of a problem because it can just stem from a general humanitarian impulse.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment