Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abortion derail from the Active Shooter thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Like a true religious fanatic....

What a drama queen!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
      Oh I got that. What's rich is seeing you insist someone else use a technical term when you've been defending colloquial terminology.
      That's a load of hooey. I was insisting someone talking about a SPECIFIC stage of human growth and development not use a generic term that applies to multiple. If you find that "rich", then you clearly don't get what my contention was even about. You will not see me use the term "baby" when arguing specifics, but you will see me defend it when asshats try to differentiate it from a more specific term.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
        Infant. Birth is the clear dividing line, no matter when or how it occurs.
        Birth is merely a change in location and a change in method of nutrient gathering.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          So, it would appear that your objection to abortion is no more than confusion over a dictionary definition.
          Not even close. And that bastardization of my position raises to a special level of incompetence. It's the fact that abortion intentionally destroys a unique member of our species and by no fault of their own. It's butchery. Plain and simple. And until you stop your cognitive dissonance on that fact, you are hopelessly lost in contradiction.
          That's what
          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

What a drama queen!
            http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/20...nce-continues/http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/20...inic-violence/

Comment

...it's being driven by the likes of you.
              61GT2YxECOL._UX385_.jpg
              That's what
              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

You're avoiding the issue with your infantile quips.
                You say something mugs?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  Birth is merely a change in location and a change in method of nutrient gathering.
                  Actually there is a good bit that happens in the birthing process. There's also a change in how the baby breathes in oxygen and it is significant. However the biggest leap in development is from about 14 to 23 weeks (at the end of 23 weeks an infant is technically viable) and again from 26 weeks to 36 weeks. That does NOT change however the fact that it is still a human baby.
                  A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

...you deny any culpability in contributing to the violence against Planned Parenthood.
                    Actually, my model is driving them out of business, then purchasing the building they were in to set up a Christian counseling service.

Comment

Tassman is just going by his infantile feelings. Your way is better. Murder is not approved by Christians, what ever the mouths might say.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

You say something mugs?
                        Yes, I said something.

I said that once again, despite your ongoing inaccurate and emotional claptrap about http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/20...nce-continues/http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/20...inic-violence/
                        Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        Tassman is just going by his infantile feelings. Your way is better. Murder is not approved by Christians, what ever the mouths might say.
                        Murder is not condoned by any

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                          Actually there is a good bit that happens in the birthing process. There's also a change in how the baby breathes in oxygen and it is significant.
                          Oxygen is a nutrient. Changing the method of respiration is still just a change in nutrient gathering. That's what I meant about the change in location the human being goes through at birth.

However the biggest leap in development is from about 14 to 23 weeks (at the end of 23 weeks an infant is technically viable) and again from 26 weeks to 36 weeks. That does NOT change however the fact that it is still a human baby.
                          Correct.
                          That's what
                          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            A blastocyst is not a part of a human being. Since it is not a non human organism, it is by definition a human being. The ONLY reason to deny this is to try to justify killing them.
                            You can think of a blastocyst as a building block. Just as a brick is not a house, a blastocyst is not a human being. And you are not entitled to your own definitions or words already in common use.

Comment

You can think of a blastocyst as a building block.
                              Not even close. The blastocyst is not A "building block". It is THE building block, and its inner cell mass contains the entire genetic instructions necessary to develop into later stages of human growth and development.

Just as a brick is not a house, a blastocyst is not a human being.
                              Thoroughly ignorant. Bricks do not develop into drywall or duct work. A brick is just a brick and will always be just a brick. The inner cell mass of a blastocyst is a fully self-contained member of our species in one of the earliest stages of development.

And you are not entitled to your own definitions or words already in common use.
                              And you are not entitled to redefine basic human biology.
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

You can think of a blastocyst as a building block. Just as a brick is not a house, a blastocyst is not a human being. And you are not entitled to your own definitions or words already in common use.
                                Wow you are an idiot. A blastocyst in development is the cellular differentiation in mammals after the sperm and egg unite. In terms of humans the inner layer and outer layer of cells is fully formed which will differentiate between tissues, organ, etc and the zona pellucida makes its way down the fallopian tubes to implant in the uterus. If you'd like to argue the "clump of cells and tissue" this would be the time to do it" At this point, full implantation is actually rejected in about 33-40 percent of cases because something is technically wrong chromosomally with the pregnancy. After Implantation begins a blastocyst is technically referred to in literature as an embryo, from the latin for Embryum or "young one or to be full"
                                A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                                George Bernard Shaw

Comment