Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Welfare almost never "makes people lazy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Oh for those who do want to give to charity to help their fellow man, but want to make sure that the money isn't wasted on overhead and bureaucracy, see:
    http://www.charitynavigator.org/
    Right, I attend a small church, about 200 adult members. I can't tell you how much food we gathered over the year for the poor - probably a ton or more. Never mind the clothing. It all went to the local food pantry, shelter and soup kitchen. It goes directly to the people that need it and all done by volunteers. Except they have one paid staff on duty in the shelter at all times. Nothing wasted on overhead or bureaucracy.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      True, but I think most Americans don't realize that. Fox News would have everyone believe....
      Do you ever actually watch Fox News, or do you just get the same stinkin pinko commie leftist propaganda that JimL gets?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Do you ever actually watch Fox News, or do you just get the same stinkin pinko commie leftist propaganda that JimL gets?
        I bet he also thinks that people who watch The Daily Show are more informed than FOX News viewers.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          You're being deliberately obtuse, I think.

I have nothing against charity when someone is in genuine need, but I do have a problem with enabling someone who refuses to lift a finger to support themselves.
          and what makes you think I approve of this system. I am labor and I have worked 52 straight years since I was 10 when my dad informed me my summer after 5th grade wasn't going to be playing anymore. I went with him to wash pots pans dishes and make pizzas at the Big Humphrey s (maybe Cow Poke heard of it since he's a Houston boy) at our Strawberry belt road location in Pasadena 1964. I work in spite of what this Sparks says. I haven't called in sick in twenty years, not even when I broke my freaking toe this summer, because we promised Kroger offices mail room (Kansas) to scrub/wax their floor and there WAS NOBODY ELSE but me. Sure; I could have taken a few days off, they can't fire you for missing a day when you got a bone fracture. But here's what happens. We lose Kroger, guess what, I won't have a job anymore.
          And people I know on my side of the tracks in better shape than me got disability and all the perks that goes with it...free medical. ..and all they had to do was flunk the simple math quiz at Hutch psychological services.

SO I'm mad as hell.

thank you Capitalism again for this week. Cleaning without help this week. ..a floor job that should take a 3 or 4 person crew.
          Why?
          Because God has blessed the world with an abundance of grain.
          it would be a blessing you'd think.
          But not for factories like Massey Ferguson or John Deer or Krause Plow .
          Nope. They laid off/furlough workers BECAUSE OF THE MARKET.

You see, an abundance of grain mean too low grain prices...

....ok rant over. I got get back work
          To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Which only goes to show her ignorant bias against black people being that there are far more white people on food stamps than black people.
            Meh, you're reading off the empty headed leftist echo chamber talking points.....

While it's true that there are more whites on welfare than blacks, there are FAR more whites living in the US than blacks.

SNAPCharts1_1.png
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              I help anyway I can. Food, clothes, money, etc. I have probably given out over $10,000 in the last few years to help others. How much have you given? Not counting taxes.

As Joel said, if you want to give to the government, there is nothing stopping you. But don't support having the government picking everyone's pockets.
              And I'll bet JimL's next welfare check that he doesn't actually DO anything - like volunteer at food pantries, collect canned goods, voluntarily contribute money ... he just wants those of us who actually work for a living to be forced to give more so he and his cronies can get more. That way, he gets to feel good TWICE --- because "rich people" are being gouged, and he gets "taken care of".

Comment

• I've become convinced that most white liberals oppose Ben Carson for president because of racism.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  I bet he also thinks that people who watch The Daily Show are more informed than FOX News viewers.
                  He's admitted before that it's one of his favorite news sources.
                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                    I've become convinced that most white liberals oppose Ben Carson for president because of racism.
                    You can't just say that. You have to back it up with an angst-filled rant.
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      He's admitted before that it's one of his favorite news sources.

Most of the time, I honestly can't tell if he's earnest or trolling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Meh, you're reading off the empty headed leftist echo chamber talking points.....

While it's true that there are more whites on welfare than blacks, there are FAR more whites living in the US than blacks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11636[/ATTACH]
                        And strictly speaking, when looking at demographic distribution, we typically do so in comparison to overall population distribution. All else being equal, the percentage of whites on SNAP should be ~62%, African American should be ~13%, and Hispanic/Latino should be ~17%.
                        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                          I've become convinced that most white liberals oppose Ben Carson for president because of racism.
                          It's the creepy picture that turned me off.

And all the crazy stuff he says.
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                            You mean the "me and Jesus" picture?

Comment

• Originally posted by Carrikature View Post

And all the crazy stuff he says.
                              I'm actually not really paying attention to the candidates like, at all. Although Trump Trump's hair has made for some good memes. I have other things on my mind. (Offering on a house soon! *Gulp*)
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• I'm holding out hope for Ted Cruz, and happily, he has started to rise in the polls.

Comment