Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Transgender CHILD confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transgender CHILD confusion

OK, I'm wondering if our GLBTXQTVS advocates might agree that this is just a bit beyond the pale....
    (Katy, Texas is about 40 miles from me)

Attorney: Day care workers fired for refusing to acknowledge girl, 6, as boy

Source: KPRC, Channel 2

HOUSTON -

Attorneys are filing a lawsuit on behalf of two women who say they were wrongfully terminated from a Katy area day care center amid controversy over a 6-year-old transgender child.

Christian author Madeline Kirksey said she was fired as the manager of Children's Lighthouse Learning Center because she refused to go along with parents who decided to recognize their little girl as a boy. Her coworker, Akesha Wyatt, was also fired.

Houston attorney Andy Taylor, fresh off his legal victories challenging Houston's HERO issue and rain tax, is challenging the terminations.

"This case involves a little 6-year-old girl who has been attending a private school in Katy, Texas for the last four months as a little girl. She has parents who are a same-sex couple, two men, who decided that she was transgender," Taylor said Tuesday afternoon at a news conference. "On Friday, that little girl left school. I'm not going to use names, but (she was) known to everybody as 'Sally,' and on Monday, this little girl returns to school calling herself 'Johnny.'"

The former staff members said the parents returned the girl to school with shortened hair, demanding that the school change her name. Taylor said the abrupt change was "dumped" in the laps of the administrators without warning.

Kirksey said her religious beliefs made her approval of the change impossible, and she felt that she had a duty to protect the girl from possible bullying and help dozens of other children and their parents, who she said deserved to be told about the change. She said those beliefs cost her a job.

The firings triggered a national firestorm amid growing confusion in schools across the country about handling very young transgender children and their parents' choices.

© Copyright Original Source

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    OK, I'm wondering if our GLBTXQTVS advocates might agree that this is just a bit beyond the pale....
    That is the point CP, liberals will never be happy until join in with, and fully approve, their madness...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

sheesh. I guess if parents decided their kid was a Ferrari, then the school would have to provide a garage for them.

Comment

umm children are NOT capable of making these decisions. end of story.
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
          umm children are NOT capable of making these decisions. end of story.
          So, you're casting doubt on his her two male parents?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            sheesh. I guess if parents decided their kid was a Ferrari, then the school would have to provide a garage for them.
            LOL, a heated garage!
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I guess that makes all children gay, because if you ask any child of around 6 what they think of the opposite sex, they will tell you that they have cooties.

Comment

I guess that makes all children gay, because if you ask any child of around 6 what they think of the opposite sex, they will tell you that they have cooties.
                What? You mean boys don't have cooties! Getting married gets rid of the cooties, making it okay for the man and woman to reproduce!
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

So, you're casting doubt on his her two male parents?
                  yes. I wouldn't care if the parents were hetero, they'd still be wrong.
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Attorney: Day care workers fired for refusing to acknowledge girl, 6, as boy

Source: KPRC, Channel 2

HOUSTON -

Attorneys are filing a lawsuit on behalf of two women who say they were wrongfully terminated from a Katy area day care center amid controversy over a 6-year-old transgender child.

Christian author Madeline Kirksey said she was fired as the manager of Children's Lighthouse Learning Center because she refused to go along with parents who decided to recognize their little girl as a boy. Her coworker, Akesha Wyatt, was also fired.

Houston attorney Andy Taylor, fresh off his legal victories challenging Houston's HERO issue and rain tax, is challenging the terminations.

"This case involves a little 6-year-old girl who has been attending a private school in Katy, Texas for the last four months as a little girl. She has parents who are a same-sex couple, two men, who decided that she was transgender," Taylor said Tuesday afternoon at a news conference. "On Friday, that little girl left school. I'm not going to use names, but (she was) known to everybody as 'Sally,' and on Monday, this little girl returns to school calling herself 'Johnny.'"

The former staff members said the parents returned the girl to school with shortened hair, demanding that the school change her name. Taylor said the abrupt change was "dumped" in the laps of the administrators without warning.

Kirksey said her religious beliefs made her approval of the change impossible, and she felt that she had a duty to protect the girl from possible bullying and help dozens of other children and their parents, who she said deserved to be told about the change. She said those beliefs cost her a job.

The firings triggered a national firestorm amid growing confusion in schools across the country about handling very young transgender children and their parents' choices.

© Copyright Original Source

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Starlight will have no problem with it, and Sam will say something along the lines of "Kirksey's religious beliefs should not be a determining factor in how she goes about her job."
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Starlight will have no problem with it, and Sam will say something along the lines of "Kirksey's religious beliefs should not be a determining factor in how she goes about her job."
                      I think Sam is pouting.

Comment

Is there ever a time when the opposite sex ceases to have cooties?
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

No, but once you get infected, you stop caring.
                          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Girls never do...

Comment

Boys never lose cooties! All humans have cooties! Wait... but, what about Jesus? I don't want to claim He has cooties....
                              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment