Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Woman Has Conviction Overturned, Court Says Six-Day-Old Baby Isn�t a Person.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman Has Conviction Overturned, Court Says Six-Day-Old Baby Isn�t a Person.

Is this the slippery slope we were promised wouldn't happen?

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/10/30/w...isnt-a-person/

Jorgensen was in her third trimester when the car accident occurred in May 2008. Her daughter was delivered by C-section after the head-on collision and died six days later, according to the report.
    Emphasis mine.

Aren't third trimester abortions illegal? I thought they were but perhaps I'm wrong. If I'm correct then why are they even trying to link this with abortion in the first place?

Also since the baby had been outside the womb for six days what is the motivation here to classify the baby as a non-person?

Lastly thanks to Rational Gaze for this who originally posted this on his FB feed.

The time of the accident
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Disgusting on so many levels...
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        The time of the accident
        Well she was in her third trimester when the accident happened. Also she was found to be drunk and under the influence of drugs while she was driving, so it is her fault that she caused the accident.

Comment

I thought some states had fetal homicide laws? Meaning that someone can be prosecuted for causing pregnancy loss against the mother's wishes. Yeah, it's a double standard. But the story is screwball worthy.

What? The mom caused the accident? Why is she not in trouble for child abuse? Never mind. Jesus can give her the lecture she deserves when the time comes. Justice will be served eventually.
          Last edited by Christianbookworm; 11-05-2015, 05:57 PM.
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            I thought some states had fetal homicide laws? Meaning that someone can be prosecuted for causing pregnancy loss against the mother's wishes. Yeah, it's a double standard. But the story is screwball worthy.
            Those laws are only used against men you see. Men are not allowed to decide on abortions. So if you are a man who punches your partners stomach, which in turn causes the death of the infant then you are charged with murder and not just assault or spousal abuse, etc, etc. I've also seen a case of a man charged with murder in an instance for giving his partner an aborticide, so he didn't even physically hurt her although it still counts as drugging another person against their will and of course the death of the infant happened also but of course since it's a man doing this he doesn't get a choice in the matter.

What? The mom caused the accident? Why is she not in trouble for child abuse? Never mind. Jesus can give her the lecture she deserves when the time comes. Justice will be served eventually.
            It has been proven that women do generally receive shorter sentences for crimes than men would on average. Sometimes a woman may even get a total free pass even if it was proved she was at fault. This is what is happening here. Women are generally more likely to have these things recognized as mental health problems and thus more likely to get some sort of sympathy.

Of course, if we were to say the driver was a man on alcohol and drugs while he was driving with his partner in the passenger seat and he caused an accident which caused a miscarriage but the woman was fine then he is more likely to be labelled as a monster. Of course I'm not saying that this label is wrong, it is correct in my opinion but I also think the woman in this article is a monster too on a comparable level to the figurative man. Afterall, it's not just her baby she put at risk but she also put other lives at risk with her reckless behavior.

Comment

No kidding. At least God holds no double standards!
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                No kidding. At least God holds no double standards!
                Agreed.

Comment