Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

14-year-old Texas boy arrested for bringing homemade clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    He's BAAAAAAaaaaaaaack!

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local...about-hate.ece

And plans on cashing in on his stupidity and all the suckers who fell for him.
    I thought the move to Qatar was supposed to be much more long term. Must not have worked out as well as they thought. Maybe some of what "he's learned about hate" was just how poorly the Gulf states treat Muslims from other parts of the world like Pakistan and southeastern Asia who go there for a job.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• fm93 tried re-igniting this in the shoutbox, so I suggested he bring it here..... Here's his comment from the shoutbox:

Ah, so this is a site where people believe it's perfectly in line with civil liberties to arrest a juvenile on false charges and forbid him to speak with his parents

It might be good to point out that the school still hasn't released some key information due to the threat of ongoing litigation.
      The "ongoing litigation" was threatened, but hasn't happened yet.
      If it is SO CLEAR that the kids civil rights were violated, how come Obama's knee-jerk civil rights folks haven't jumped on this with anything more than their typical conclusion-jumping rhetoric?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• *emphasis mine

He might want to take that advice to heart and admit he made a mistake not only bringing something that looked like a bomb to school, but then making a big deal when people got scared and did something about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          *emphasis mine

He might want to take that advice to heart and admit he made a mistake not only bringing something that looked like a bomb to school, but then making a big deal when people got scared and did something about it.
          Well, over SIX MONTHS ago....

Note that the Justice Department "will examine whether Ahmed's civil rights were violated"..... anybody heard anything so far?

Perhaps they should call fm93, because he has the answer, and it's CLEAR!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Perhaps the reason the Department of Justice hasn't been hot on this case is because there's very little to go on....

http://irvingblog.dallasnews.com/201...eighs-in.html/

Comment

• OK, so FINALLY, Clock Boy's family brings suit....
              The family of a Muslim boy who was arrested after bringing a homemade clock to school has sued Texas school officials, saying they violated the 14-year-old boy's civil rights.

The lawsuit was filed Monday on behalf of Ahmed Mohamed. The teen was arrested at his suburban Dallas high school in September and charged with having a hoax bomb. He says he brought the homemade clock to school to show his teacher.

It will be interesting to get actual facts, instead of hype.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                OK, so FINALLY, Clock Boy's family brings suit....
                The family of a Muslim boy who was arrested after bringing a homemade clock to school has sued Texas school officials, saying they violated the 14-year-old boy's civil rights.

The lawsuit was filed Monday on behalf of Ahmed Mohamed. The teen was arrested at his suburban Dallas high school in September and charged with having a hoax bomb. He says he brought the homemade clock to school to show his teacher.

It will be interesting to get actual facts, instead of hype.
                sounds like the free money ran out in Qatar, so they had to move back here and try something else.

The school acted properly, if not hastily. But in today's political climate, he will probably win several million dollars.

Comment

• The good news is that the school and police can finally tell their side of the story.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Seeing this thread again makes me wonder where the MSM/liberal outrage is over the boy who was actually arrested for belching in school
                    We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
                      Did this happen again? I thought this was like a year ago.
                      Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
                        Did this happen again? I thought this was like a year ago.
                        As noted in my post, he FINNALY brought suit against the school. Yes, about a year ago, but he enjoyed his celebrity for a while, his visit to the White House, international travel, his endorsements from wealthy liberals, adoration from the liberal media, etc....

Apparently, he didn't like not being in the spotlight, because - even though Obama's Department of Justice sees no reason to look into civil liberty violations - he is putting himself back in the spotlight.

Comment

• 2016-09-22-b555b97b_large.jpg
                          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Source: Breitbart

A Tale of Two Students: Ahmed the Clock Boy and Levihttp://www.breitbart.com/national-se...oy-levi-frunk/

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Source: Breitbart

A Tale of Two Students: Ahmed the Clock Boy and Levihttp://www.breitbart.com/national-se...oy-levi-frunk/

© Copyright Original Source

Will Obama be inviting him to the White House any time soon?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• You guys should really consider reading/watching the actual KATU news report instead of Breitbart's ridiculous interpretation of the events

Last edited by Jaecp; 09-28-2016, 01:42 PM.

Comment