Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pro-life Paralysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can fix that. PM me your address...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      I can fix that. PM me your address...
      Somewhere in the Atlanta Area under the name RogueTech.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Oh yeah, the address you had me mail the Tick Tock Exploding Gag Watches, Super Extra Tiny Size, after you returned them. Say, did you get the Miles of Smiles Nitro Glycerin Extra Punch Pack you wanted delivered to that Texas address you gave me the first time?
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          What epidemic. The numbers you cited are a recurrent fantasy. You have fallen for a proabort hoax. There is no reliable way to measure spontaneous abortion.
          I'm going by what the Mayo Clinic says

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...n/con-20033827

How is that a proabort hoax? And, yes, they can assume a higher miscarriage rate given that not all women even know they're pregnant and therefore don't recognize the passing.

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          Even if there was a way, comparing natural death to murder is nonsensical. It would also be true that lynching is okay because African-American of the period had a higher natural death rate anyway. The hypocrisy you perceive is only your own delusion.
          I haven't made any argument like that. The context is that you essentially agree with me on the fetus not being a baby. If it was a baby, you'd oppose artificial birth control because the most reliable devices definitely heighten the risk of flushing the fertilized egg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            No, there's not.
            Yes there is. Take this conversion stuff more seriously.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            The oven would have to be ON to burn kitties to crisps. Who said the oven was even plugged in?
            Does it have to do with roasting cats?

Comment

• We don't convert our kids. God does. And the timing is up to Him, not us. Our responsibility is to point them toward Christ.

Have you done that with your kids, whag?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post
                Yes there is.
                No, there isn't.

Take this conversion stuff more seriously.
                What Mossy said.

No, you are. (see how that works? )

You're still missing the point.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• This may be one of the dumbest things you've ever said. We don't "convert" our kids. But I'm going to give you a serious response whether you deserve one or not.

My mom raised 9 kids, two of whom are pastors, one of whom died young after serving as a Christian in the US Navy, three of them married men with whom they are in the gospel ministry, two of them are just all around good Christian women serving in their Churches, and one of whom went on the sniffing glue, smoking dope and running wild. Even that one, shortly before he died, turned his life around and came back to Christ.

So, my Mom's "conversion" rate () was 8 out of 9, then that last one "came back home". Not bad, eh?

OK, so I didn't do so good.... I had two daughters, one of whom seemed to think her job as a Pastor's Kid was to stay awake at night wondering "what can I do to make my Dad REALLY mad". She got pregnant before getting married, then she got divorced, got remarried and divorced again, and it TOOK a while, but she finally "came to herself" (Luke 15) and has "come back home".

My other daughter married a Police Officer who died of cancer, she saw him through Hospice, then when he died, after a few years, she married another Police Officer and changed her career from Criminal Justice to Hospice Nurse, getting a degree in nursing, and is working on yet another degree, while serving as the pianist at our Church and living a godly Christian life.

So, one of them stayed true to the faith, the other had to experience the wild side, then come back to the faith.

Somehow, when we decided to raise children, we never stopped to think, "gee, what if they don't 'convert' - THEN what do we do"?

Seriously, Whag --- you can really really come up with some dumb stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    This may be one of the dumbest things you've ever said. We don't "convert" our kids. But I'm going to give you a serious response whether you deserve one or not.

My mom raised 9 kids, two of whom are pastors, one of whom died young after serving as a Christian in the US Navy, three of them married men with whom they are in the gospel ministry, two of them are just all around good Christian women serving in their Churches, and one of whom went on the sniffing glue, smoking dope and running wild. Even that one, shortly before he died, turned his life around and came back to Christ.

So, my Mom's "conversion" rate () was 8 out of 9, then that last one "came back home". Not bad, eh?

OK, so I didn't do so good.... I had two daughters, one of whom seemed to think her job as a Pastor's Kid was to stay awake at night wondering "what can I do to make my Dad REALLY mad". She got pregnant before getting married, then she got divorced, got remarried and divorced again, and it TOOK a while, but she finally "came to herself" (Luke 15) and has "come back home".

My other daughter married a Police Officer who died of cancer, she saw him through Hospice, then when he died, after a few years, she married another Police Officer and changed her career from Criminal Justice to Hospice Nurse, getting a degree in nursing, and is working on yet another degree, while serving as the pianist at our Church and living a godly Christian life.

So, one of them stayed true to the faith, the other had to experience the wild side, then come back to the faith.

Somehow, when we decided to raise children, we never stopped to think, "gee, what if they don't 'convert' - THEN what do we do"?

Seriously, Whag --- you can really really come up with some dumb stuff.
                    Yes, that's a far better track record than an oven has of turning kittens to muffins. Thanks for proving my point that if you're raised Christian, you're likely to become a Christian.

Comment

Yes, that's a far better track record than an oven has of turning kittens to muffins.
                      I think you should ask Mossy to change your name to Jack-Whag-on.

Comment

I'm going by what the Mayo Clinic says

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...n/con-20033827

How is that a proabort hoax? And, yes, they can assume a higher miscarriage rate given that not all women even know they're pregnant and therefore don't recognize the passing.

I haven't made any argument like that. The context is that you essentially agree with me on the fetus not being a baby. If it was a baby, you'd oppose artificial birth control because the most reliable devices definitely heighten the risk of flushing the fertilized egg.
                        I am passing on the first part because I can't read the cite right now. I may come back to it once I have a chance to do the reading.

Okay maybe I missed something on your argument. But this is not an improvement. Many pro lifers do oppose contraceptives and almost all oppose abortefacent contraceptives. The dichotomy doesn't exist. Didn't you understand the issue with the Hobby Lobby case, cause it was this very contraceptive issue.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment