Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Clinton Cash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    I don't quite know what to say to that... I would say that anyone who hasn't spotted that at the federal level the Republicans in general are more corrupt than the Democrats in general just hasn't been paying attention. At the federal level, the Democrats keep complaining about the influence of money in politics and keep trying to pass laws and constitutional amendments to help fix the problem, and Republicans keep blocking them. Voting on the issue tends to go almost entirely down party lines, with John McCain being one of the only Republicans to support campaign finance reform. When 100% of one party is voting to try to get rid of the money out of politics and close to 100% of the other party is voting to keep it, then the question of who likes the money more and who thinks it is benefiting their side more is pretty much answered. This is not really surprising, because on issues of economic policy, the Republicans are the party whose policies more strongly favor big-business and the mega-wealthy, so the fact that they end up getting more money from those sources than the other side does should not surprise anyone. The issue has a lot more nuances at the state level though.
    Since you think that's how things actually work (it's not, not even close, and your description just shows you're severely lacking in imagination) then you should have no problem fulfilling my earlier request:

"Could you give us examples of similar things being done by Scott Walker, Rand Paul and Ted Cruz?"
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimbulb View Post
      I don't quite know what to say to that... I would say that anyone who hasn't spotted that at the federal level the Republicans in general are more corrupt than the Democrats in general just hasn't been paying attention. At the federal level, the Democrats keep complaining about the influence of money in politics and keep trying to pass laws and constitutional amendments to help fix the problem, and Republicans keep blocking them. Voting on the issue tends to go almost entirely down party lines, with John McCain being one of the only Republicans to support campaign finance reform. When 100% of one party is voting to try to get rid of the money out of politics and close to 100% of the other party is voting to keep it, then the question of who likes the money more and who thinks it is benefiting their side more is pretty much answered. This is not really surprising, because on issues of economic policy, the Republicans are the party whose policies more strongly favor big-business and the mega-wealthy, so the fact that they end up getting more money from those sources than the other side does should not surprise anyone. The issue has a lot more nuances at the state level though.

It's post like this that have me convinced that this is a parody account to satirize the mindless drivel spouted by low-information liberals. Because anybody who was really informed would know that, 1) campaign donations is a free speech issue which is why Republicans are opposed to most Democrat "reforms"; 2) not all Republicans are opposed to campaign finance reform, and I'm not just referring to RINOs like John McCain; and 3) Democrats really aren't interested in getting the money out of politics as much as they're interested in getting Republican money out of politics.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Maybe. Unlike how the media turned a blind eye to everything Barrack Obama, they seem genuinely interested in digging to the bottom of this.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...nstream-media/
        To be honest, I think the libs really would rather see Pocahontas run.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I don't think she will weather this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us...one-share&_r=0

The New York Times has a report about the State Department’s decision to approve the sale of Uranium mines to a Russian company that donated $2.35 million to the Clinton Global Initiative, and that a Russian investment bank promoting the deal paid Bill $500,000 for a speech in Moscow.

The Washington Post reports that Bill Clinton has received $26 million in speaking fees from entities that also donated to the Clinton Global Initiative.

The Washington Examiner reports, “Twenty-two of the 37 corporations nominated for a prestigious State Department award — and six of the eight ultimate winners — while Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State were also donors to the Clinton family foundation.”

And Reuters reports, “Hillary Clinton's family's charities are refiling at least five annual tax returns after a Reuters review found errors in how they reported donations from governments, and said they may audit other Clinton Foundation returns in case of other errors.”
          http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...residency.html
          Last edited by seer; 04-23-2015, 12:42 PM.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            I don't think she will weather this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us...one-share&_r=0
            "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

These Clintons are corrupt to their core. And I think people will take notice.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                These Clintons are corrupt to their core. And I think people will take notice.
                Maybe. Probably. Maybe a bit more so than your average president. Certainly a good deal more than the current office holder. Seeing how he's been treated over the years, however, makes me think that few people actually care to discern character without drowning it in their own biases. If that remains the case, Clinton won't have any trouble at all: whatever the opposition was going to claim would have been claimed, anyway. The best they'll be able to say is "Well, this time it's true!"
                "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

This one isn't going away, folks. The Clinton Foundation concedes that the book's charges are true.

Source: Breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-foreign-cash/

© Copyright Original Source

Even worse for Bill and Hillary, the mainstream media, usually eager to circle the wagons for Democrats, is doggedly following this story and asking inconvenient questions.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...h-revelations/

Comment

Breitbart confirms a number of facts from the upcoming book:

CONFIRMED: Hillary’s Foundation Hid a $2.35 Million Foreign Donation from the Head of the Russian Govt’s Uranium Company that Had Business Before Hillary Clinton’s State Dept.—a Clear Violation of the Memorandum of Understanding with the Obama Administration

CONFIRMED: Bill Clinton Bagged $500,000 for a Speech in Moscow Paid for by a Kremlin-linked Bank

CONFIRMED: Hillary’s Brother Sits on the Board of a Mining Company that Scored an Extremely Rare “Gold Exploitation Permit” in Haiti as Hillary and Bill Clinton Disbursed Billions of U.S. Taxpayer Dollars in Haiti

CONFIRMED: Hillary’s Foundation Hid a Foreign Donation of 2 Million Shares of Stock by a Mining Executive with Business Before Hillary’s State Dept.—a Clear Violation of the Memorandum of Understanding with the Obama Administration

CONFIRMED: Hillary’s Approval of the Russian Takeover of Uranium One Transferred 20% of All U.S. Uranium to the Russian Govt.

CONFIRMED: The Clinton Foundation has Been Forced to Refile at Least 5 Years of Annual Tax Returns and May Audit Other Clinton Foundation Returns

CONFIRMED: At Least $26 Million of the Clintons’ Wealth Comes from Speaking Fees by Companies and Organizations that are Also Major Clinton Foundation Donors

CONFIRMED: Bill Clinton Delivered Numerous Speeches Paid for By Individuals and Corporations with Pending Business Before Hillary’s State Dept.

CONFIRMED: Bill Clinton Lied about Hosting a Meeting with Frank Giustra and Kazakh Nuclear Officials at Clinton’s Home in Chappaqua, New York

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-are-accurate/

Enron executives were thrown in jail for insider trading. Don't Bill and Hillary deserve at least that much?

Comment

In Defense of the Clinton Foundation (from the right)

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/cli.../27/id/640856/

Comment

If we can trust the polls, Hillary's serial corruption has cost her dearly in Virginia.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...b-in-virginia/

Comment

If we can trust the polls, Hillary's serial corruption has cost her dearly in Virginia.

In February, Clinton beat Bush 48-43%. Today, in this same poll, he beats her 48-46%.

When matched up against Marco Rubio in February, Clinton enjoyed a 51-42% lead. That lead is now down to 49-45%. Against Rand Paul, Clinton only holds a 2 point lead of 49-47%; two months ago, she dominated the Kentucky Republican Senator by a whopping 10 points, 52-42%.

Against the 7 GOP challengers, Clinton did not once break 50%. This is bad news for the most well-known politician in the country not named Barack Obama. It is also bad news because the corruption charges involving the Clinton family charity and Ms. Clinton’s time as secretary of state are just now starting to be detailed and reported. We’re only at the beginning of the beginning of the “Clinton Cash” scandal.

The worse news for Clinton is that this poll was taken between April 13-24, which means that all the fallout from the “Clinton Cash” scandal has not thus far been fully polled.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...b-in-virginia/

Good, that woman is toxic. I rather see Webb or Pocahontas run...

Comment

Breitbart confirms a number of facts from the upcoming book:

CONFIRMED: Hillary’s Foundation Hid a $2.35 Million Foreign Donation from the Head of the Russian Govt’s Uranium Company that Had Business Before Hillary Clinton’s State Dept.—a Clear Violation of the Memorandum of Understanding with the Obama Administration

CONFIRMED: Bill Clinton Bagged $500,000 for a Speech in Moscow Paid for by a Kremlin-linked Bank

CONFIRMED: Hillary’s Brother Sits on the Board of a Mining Company that Scored an Extremely Rare “Gold Exploitation Permit” in Haiti as Hillary and Bill Clinton Disbursed Billions of U.S. Taxpayer Dollars in Haiti

CONFIRMED: Hillary’s Foundation Hid a Foreign Donation of 2 Million Shares of Stock by a Mining Executive with Business Before Hillary’s State Dept.—a Clear Violation of the Memorandum of Understanding with the Obama Administration

CONFIRMED: Hillary’s Approval of the Russian Takeover of Uranium One Transferred 20% of All U.S. Uranium to the Russian Govt.

CONFIRMED: The Clinton Foundation has Been Forced to Refile at Least 5 Years of Annual Tax Returns and May Audit Other Clinton Foundation Returns

CONFIRMED: At Least $26 Million of the Clintons’ Wealth Comes from Speaking Fees by Companies and Organizations that are Also Major Clinton Foundation Donors

CONFIRMED: Bill Clinton Delivered Numerous Speeches Paid for By Individuals and Corporations with Pending Business Before Hillary’s State Dept.

CONFIRMED: Bill Clinton Lied about Hosting a Meeting with Frank Giustra and Kazakh Nuclear Officials at Clinton’s Home in Chappaqua, New York

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-are-accurate/

Enron executives were thrown in jail for insider trading. Don't Bill and Hillary deserve at least that much?
                            Bob McDonnell and his wife did far less, and they were raked over the coals.
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                              ... Certainly a good deal more than the current office holder...
                              I don't think Obama is intelligent enough to be as conniving as the Clintons. It takes a very high level of genius (and a healthy dose of megalomania) to pull some of the stuff they have pulled, and indeed continue to pull.
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The question is, how much influence do foreign interests have over Hillary, either through bribes or blackmail, and is that really who we want in the Oval Office?

Comment