Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Room At The Inn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Hey, Sis, he's MY Buddy -- only I get to call him "Pappy"!
    I object to anyone calling anyone Pappy. That is what my grandkids call me.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      Why don't you call him 'sonny'?
      You could call him, lad. Of course when I used that on Tass he thought I was using it as a put down.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paprika View Post
        Given how alike we are, this must be true!
        Then YOU are a wonderful Christian, TOO, full of Joy?

Dear CP: thanks for your most helpful and kind advice, but the reply is the same as last time.
        Yeah, I know... and for the same reason: "A fool's way is right in his own eyes, but whoever listens to counsel is wise." (and, yeah, I know, you'll try to turn this around )
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
          How would you characterize the quality of your debates here on TWeb? Do you engage in some of the the higher quality debates, the lesser quality ones, a little bit or a lot of both? Are there specific suggestions you have on how to improve the quality of debate here?

Merry Christmas!
          Lilpixie tends to attract those who come here spoiling for a fight; she's more than happy to oblige them. It has the side effect of tending to keep their attention focused on her, so the other posters don't have to deal with them so much. They tend to get rather more worked up over it than she does. Far from bothering her, insults convince her she's gotten a good shot or two. She does get a little over-enthusiastic on occasion.

Merry Christmas to you as well!
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Merry Christmas, one and all.

Except for CP, because

1) His wife made cookies and ...

C) I didn't get any.

Though ...

iv) I'd be willing to forgive and forget if I get a care package before New Year's.

That's this New Year's, not next you lawyers.

Comment

• And since I've been invoked by both corners, publicly and privately ...

1. Yes, you can prove a negative. Negation in logic allows us to pair each statement p with a statement q = ~p, which makes p = ~q. Thus, in proving any statement p, we are simultaneously proving ~q. Them's the facts, Crystal.

2. Yes, you can engage meaningfully with Lilpix. But, she is naturally intensely shy, so if you push her, all you'll get is a defensive reaction, which, though it may seem belligerent, is not. Them's the facts, too, Pap.

As ever, Jesse

Comment

• These one on one fights aren't as interesting. Why don't we switch to tag team wrestling?
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Merry Christmas, KG!

Comment

• Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                    And since I've been invoked by both corners, publicly and privately ...

As ever, Jesse
                    Thanks. Merry Christmas!

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

Did you say something?
                      Lilpix shut up. Amazing; it must be on of those Christmas miracles.

Comment

Then YOU are a wonderful Christian, TOO, full of Joy?
                        What do you think?

Yeah, I know... and for the same reason: "A fool's way is right in his own eyes, but whoever listens to counsel is wise."
                        I highly doubt that means listening to foolish "advice"

(and, yeah, I know, you'll try to turn this around )
                        You make it so easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          Lilpixie tends to attract those who come here spoiling for a fight; she's more than happy to oblige them.
                          2. Yes, you can engage meaningfully with Lilpix. But, she is naturally intensely shy, so if you push her, all you'll get is a defensive reaction, which, though it may seem belligerent, is not. Them's the facts, too, Pap.
                          In this case, of course, lilpix attacked me first

Merry Christmas to one and all!

Comment

What do you think?
                            I think we're about as much alike as a petunia and a gorilla.

I highly doubt that means listening to foolish "advice"
                            But that's just it, Papster.... the fool is a fool because he thinks GOOD advice is foolish.

After all, only a fool would call a direct quote from Scripture "foolish advice". Or, perhaps you were too foolish to realize that "A fool's way is right in his own eyes, but whoever listens to counsel is wise" is Scripture?
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think we're about as much alike as a petunia and a gorilla.
                              And I think you know better
                              After all, only a fool would call a direct quote from Scripture "foolish advice".
                              "Curse God, and die."

Or, perhaps you were too foolish to realize that "A fool's way is right in his own eyes, but whoever listens to counsel is wise" is Scripture?
                              Nah, anyone can see through your little nonsense.

Comment

And I think you know better
                                I think you're tetched.

Comment