Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Room At The Inn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I think he probably wears British Sterling cologne, and smells pretty!
    He probably looks like Kip:

That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      He probably looks like Kip:
      But in his mind he looks like James Bond.

Crystal keeps him shaken, not stirred -- that's for the rest of us.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He should make this pic of himself his avatar.

skinny-kid.jpg
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I was thinking something along the lines of this:

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yup... childish routines from the one who loves to say "grow up".
            Yeah not worth spoiling the first Christmas I've enjoyed for quite a while.

God is Good, He loves us and I for one am going to have a Christmas full of Joy remembering Christ came down to give us hope and Peace.

Happy Christmas to All.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paprika View Post
              Is that really all you can do when you're proven wrong: claim that your opponent made a rant, and make wild claims about "failed logic" without any substantiation?
              That seems to be how you work. After all, you seem incapable of understanding that the basic laws of math pretty much make your rant about 'proving a negative' false. Do you want me to get taoist (he's a math teacher at a college) to tell you why your reasoning is faulty? Throw up any even number you want and I'll show how it is divisible by 2. Believe it or not, I did take and pass grade school level math and do still remember what a prime number is. That was something we teach in the states to 9 year olds. Did you not figure out that little rule of math, back when you were 9 year old?

Dumbass. You claimed that "It is quite telling though that is the first thing that comes to your mind", yet you don't seem willing to explain why it is so significant.
              Because it exposes that you're here to start fights, just as CP said you were. Do you need me to walk you through how metaphors and similes work and what they convey? I might not have perfect grammar, but I do know what words and phrases convey to the audience there pappy. Do you not realize that comparing people to the activity of swatting flies portrays a mental image that you are aggressively trying to take them out?

Never made that claim, dumbass.

So you didn't defend and try to justify when Epo called children slaves? Do you not remember when you said this:

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
              Do you break out the smelling salts when you read Romans 6 or other passages?
              Which was in defense of:

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              An owned human being is a slave. That's the definition of slave. It doesn't imply anything else, like abuse or forced labour.
              So yes Pap, you indirectly said just that and are not trying to dig your way out of the hole you dug for yourself because you're incapable of admitting to error. So let me get this straight... you defended, several times, over several different post, in this thread, in comparing children to 'slaves', but now you are back out of defending that claim with the lame excuse of, "DUH! I didn't say that!" (as though that automatically excuses you from the times you defended doing just that).

So you did not try to defend people calling children slaves?

Yes or no Pap or do you want to keep digging your own grave? If so, by all means, continue. I can use the entertainment when I come back on Friday to amuse myself with, at your expense.

There's no reason for me to answer your red herrings, given that I've made no claim either way about whether such a want would exist.
              The last refuge in the storm... call anything that proves you wrong a 'red herring' because you don't want to deal with it. Nice dodge. You defended doing just that, several times, throughout this thread pap. Don't try to back out now, unless of course, you see your mistakes and just don't want to admit you made an error.

Right, if you insist on me rubbing your nose into your most idiotic comment:

Correcting English diction is correcting the English, dumbass.
              Sorry, little pappy, but not from what I could find and even accepting your absurd logic... I wasn't aware having 100% perfect grammar and spelling was a requirement for being able to correct anything a person says. Where did you make up that one from? Does this mean that since you fail to understand basic logic and how to spot logical fallacies, you should stop talking about them until you 100% totally understand logic and how logical fallacies work? Keep digging pappy and perhaps all your mistakes, errors, and faults will disappear into a puff of smoke. I might be a blonde, but I'm not stupid. Now perhaps you can explain how I need to have perfect grammar before I am able to give a correction in the connotation of a word? How does that logic work out? Perhaps I should go and dig up some of tWeb's local Grammar Nazi's to find all of your spelling/grammar errors and post them on this thread. Thus proving you need to have 100% perfect spelling and grammar, before you attempt to correct me on anything to do with writing. After all, it is your logic. Does that seriously make any sense to you?
              Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 12-24-2014, 01:00 PM.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Refuted, now go ahead pappy... please prove there is not a teapot orbiting Mars, right now. After all, you said you could prove a negative, so please prove that isn't currently true.
                2) Correcting someone's English diction isn't correcting their English.
                Sorry Pappy, even accepting your logic doesn't make you look any better. Are you seriously saying that you need to have 100% perfect grammar and spelling before you can correct a single thing anybody says? So If I find a single grammar or spelling error you've made; I could use it as proof that you can't be correcting anybody on anything, until you have 100% perfect gammar and spelling?

More of your bumbling stupidity, as I'll show below:

List will be updated as (undoubtedly) more examples accumulate.

By the way, pix, I'm still waiting for you to demonstrate that I called children "slaves". Stop trying to avoid the challenge.

So pappy, you're now denying that you did not try to defend the claim? What's the problem are you trying to dodge your own words and hope I'm too stupid to figure out what is really going on? Do you not remember when you said:

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                The topic of the debate is about the meaning of "slave"....
                So do you agree or not agree with using the term 'slave' to describe the child-parent relationship? Yes or no pappy?

Keep digging... I'll enjoy watching you squirm on this one too. Please leave me something entertaining to respond to, on Friday. I look forward to it...

Key tip pappy... don't underestimate the intelligence of those you are debating with. It can easily blow up in your face if they are smarter than you gave them credit for (it also can blow up in your face when you far overestimate your own, as you clearly have done).
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Thanks for your concern, but I can easily manage lilpix and assorted loons.
                  Its_78ff8a_146036.jpg

GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                    Refuted, now go ahead pappy...
                    Hey, Sis, he's MY Buddy -- only I get to call him "Pappy"!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Hey, Sis, he's MY Buddy -- only I get to call him "Pappy"!
                      Why don't you call him 'sonny'?
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Why don't you call him 'sonny'?
                        Cause his name ain't Sonrika, little sister!

Comment

That seems to be how you work. After all, you seem incapable of understanding that the basic laws of math pretty much make your rant about 'proving a negative' false. Do you want me to get taoist (he's a math teacher at a college) to tell you why your reasoning is faulty? Throw up any even number you want and I'll show how it is divisible by 2.
                          That's the major part of the proof, dumbass.

Do you not realize that comparing people to the activity of swatting flies portrays a mental image that you are aggressively trying to take them out?
                          I don't compare people to activities, in general. Specifically I compared answering specific questions from specific people to swatting flies, like you with your nonsense.

So you didn't defend and try to justify when Epo called children slaves? Do you not remember when you said this:

Which was in defense of:

So yes Pap, you indirectly said just that and are not trying to dig your way out of the hole you dug for yourself because you're incapable of admitting to error. So let me get this straight... you defended, several times, over several different post, in this thread, in comparing children to 'slaves', but now you are back out of defending that claim with the lame excuse of, "DUH! I didn't say that!" (as though that automatically excuses you from the times you defended doing just that).
                          Poking at Cow Poke's logic doesn't necessarily mean I support his opponents' claims in part or whole. Dumbass.

So you did not try to defend people calling children slaves?
                          I didn't, obviously.

Dumbass.

I wasn't aware having 100% perfect grammar and spelling was a requirement for being able to correct anything a person says. Where did you make up that one from?...Does that seriously make any sense to you?
                          Where did I actually say that? Oh, nowhere. Dumbass.

Comment

Cause his name ain't Sonrika, little sister!

Sonny
                            used as a humorous or patronizing way of addressing a man.
                            https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=sonny+definition
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Refuted, now go ahead pappy... please prove there is not a teapot orbiting Mars, right now. After all, you said you could prove a negative, so please prove that isn't currently true.
                              You're completely retarded. I actually didn't say that, dumbass. I proved one negative claim, which doesn't imply that I can prove all negative claims.

Sorry Pappy, even accepting your logic doesn't make you look any better. Are you seriously saying that you need to have 100% perfect grammar and spelling before you can correct a single thing anybody says?
                              See the previous post, dumbass.

More of your bumbling stupidity, as I'll show below:
                              Idiot. You can't even show where I made the claim you criticise me for. You're an utter joke.

Comment

That's the major part of the proof, dumbass.
                                So have you been able to prove that a teapot isn't currently orbiting Mars? I look forward to watching you prove that isn't true...

I don't compare people to activities, in general. Specifically I compared answering specific questions from specific people to swatting flies, like you with your nonsense.

Still incapable of seeing the aggressiveness behind the action you are describing? It's ok... I know you're slow, but gosh... you don't have to show it that much.

Poking at Cow Poke's logic doesn't necessarily mean I support his opponents' claims in part or whole. Dumbass.
                                So what part of it do you agree with and what part of it do you disagree with or am I right and you just like starting fights for the sake of start fights and don't even know what way is down? My guess is yes... correct? Now sonny, are you trying for a world record of calling somebody 'dumbass'? Perhaps you should try inserting that term between ever word, that will really show me up!

I didn't, obviously.

Dumbass.
                                Yes you did little guy and trying to back out of your absurd statements, doesn't make them disappear into a puff of smoke. Did you or did you not defend Epo's use of the word 'slave'? Yes or no?

Where did I actually say that? Oh, nowhere. Dumbass.

You're very stupid, huh? It is YOUR LOGIC gumdrop, do you not understand how I am showing the absurdity of your logic, by taking it and showing just what you are trying to say? Let me help you out here:

You are making a federal case of me correcting word usage, by pointing out some grammar errors I made. You than fail to understand the flaw of your logic, since it is not required to be 100% perfect, when it comes to grammar, to understand connotation and denotation. So what was your point in trying to correct my grammar there pappy? Were you trying to dodge my point and trying to change up the argument to something else and it totally blew up in your face (yet again). You should really stop underestimating other people's intelligence and over estimating your intelligence. It makes you look stupid, as you have looked above.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment