Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Room At The Inn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    He will stalk you and prod at you until you reply. Mark my words...

***ETA *** Told ya.
    Are you saying that poker is being prodded?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      An influx of Hispanic immigrants, a culture that is more devoutly religious and family-oriented than America write large, should be a positive for this country's moral fabric.
      Last edited by Andius; 12-23-2014, 04:38 PM.
      Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
      As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

• I would probably amen this if I were smart enough to understand it.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          I'm still waiting for answers on how Mexicans can improve America's moral fabric with their gigantic crime and abortion rates. That's before getting into the boost in moral fabric the US receives from turning more of its already dead working class into minimum wage or welfare drones.
          If the current rate continues, I can definately say, never.

I am that pessimistic with my own cultural-kin.

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I would probably amen this if I were smart enough to understand it.
            I suppose I could sum it up in this manner:

Current Mexican Culture + Current USA Culture =

And that when it comes to us Latins, there is something terribly terribly broken with us, something that those of Germanic heritage, actually got it right, and it has allowed them to actually create decent societies to live in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andius View Post
              I suppose I could sum it up in this manner:

Current Mexican Culture + Current USA Culture =

And that when it comes to us Latins, there is something terribly terribly broken with us, something that those of Germanic heritage, actually got it right, and it has allowed them to actually create decent societies to live in.
              Thanks for the Reader's Digest version, Bro!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                Any even number larger than two has a factor of 2, and is hence not a prime number. Hence there is no prime number larger than two.
                You might want to talk to taoist about how insane your logic here truly is. The rules of math kind of make your rant about 'you can't prove a negative' rather absurd, but I'm sure he could explain the failed logic of your attempts to say you can prove a negative than I can.

I'm not sure why you see any significance. Do tell.
                So you can't admit that all you do is aggressive actions? How entertaining.

Dumbass. Here's the right context:

Europeans generally don't have slavery ingrained in their cultural psyche; they don't angst over slavery as you Americans do. Thus the correction.

So they would have absolutely no problem with you calling their children slaves, right? Thus my point was made. Don't worry though, avoiding the answer is a sign that you don't like the answer and will do everything in your power to avoid admitting you're wrong because you're incapable of admitting you're wrong. Not having the same ingrained cultural psyche against the term 'slavery' does not equal they would want their children called to slaves. Something you seem incapable of admitting to. Why?

It has nothing to do with your red herring about whether a Frenchman or Englishman have an issue - stop trying to distract from your error.
                Sorry, but I didn't make an error, you did and you're just incapable of admitting you're wrong. Now would they want their children called slaves or not? Answer the question and stop dodging it.

BTW nice you cut out my post about correcting your English. What's the problem, were you proved wrong there too and you don't have a response and thus just ignore your mistakes and errors? For whining about others admitting to errors and mistakes, you seem incapable of admitting to a single one. Why?
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  You might want to talk to taoist about how insane your logic here truly is. The rules of math kind of make your rant about 'you can't prove a negative' rather absurd, but I'm sure he could explain the failed logic of your attempts to say you can prove a negative than I can.
                  Is that really all you can do when you're proven wrong: claim that your opponent made a rant, and make wild claims about "failed logic" without any substantiation?

So you can't admit that all you do is aggressive actions? How entertaining.
                  Dumbass. You claimed that "It is quite telling though that is the first thing that comes to your mind", yet you don't seem willing to explain why it is so significant.

So they would have absolutely no problem with you calling their children slaves, right?
                  Never made that claim, dumbass.

Sorry, but I didn't make an error, you did and you're just incapable of admitting you're wrong. Now would they want their children called slaves or not? Answer the question and stop dodging it.
                  There's no reason for me to answer your red herrings, given that I've made no claim either way about whether such a want would exist.

BTW nice you cut out my post about correcting your English. What's the problem, were you proved wrong there too and you don't have a response and thus just ignore your mistakes and errors? For whining about others admitting to errors and mistakes, you seem incapable of admitting to a single one. Why?
                  Right, if you insist on me rubbing your nose into your most idiotic comment:
                  No it isn't 'correcting your English' you dumb twit. Most people tend to take 'correcting your English' as correcting your grammar or spelling, not your word usage. Are you that desperate to avoid admitting you're wrong that you'll try anything and everything to dodge your own stupidity?
                  Correcting English diction is correcting the English, dumbass.

Comment

• Tally of lilpix's idiocies

1) "You can't prove a negative"

2) Correcting someone's English diction isn't correcting their English.

3) "you're the one attempting to argue that Europeans would have no issue with you calling their children slaves" after I said "I'm pretty sure Europeans aren't as angsty as you Yanks about slavery".

List will be updated as (undoubtedly) more examples accumulate.

By the way, pix, I'm still waiting for you to demonstrate that I called children "slaves". Stop trying to avoid the challenge.

Comment

• Looks like you bagged another one, Crystal.
                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Looks like you bagged another one, Crystal.

Comment

I'd throw it back if I were her. It stinks up the place...
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Poor pappy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Poor pappy.
                              Thanks for your concern, but I can easily manage lilpix and assorted loons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                                I'd throw it back if I were her. It stinks up the place...
                                I think he probably wears British Sterling cologne, and smells pretty!

Comment