Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is the Affordable Care Act Working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Do you send in EXTRA money to the IRS when you figure your taxes?
    Nope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
      Nope.
      Do you think tax rates should be higher than they are?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Do you think tax rates should be higher than they are?
        I think the top marginal tax rate should be higher. As for taxes in general, it depends. Can the government afford the things it should be spending money on if the things it shouldn't be spending money on are cut? When it comes to what the government is doing right now, no, not generally.

Comment

• Personally, I fail to understand how our government cannot do everything it needs to do with 5% of everyone's salary. Given that many of us disagree on what the government should and should not be doing, I am generously willing, more than generous, I might add, to raise that to 10%. Beyond that, I have to ask what is so difficult? Are our elected officials the stupidest people in the world, or what? And we must be even stupider to re-elect these idiots. We let ourselves be manipulated by idiot bimbos on Fox News or MSNBC (lower bimbo factor perhaps) to think that one party or the other would fix everything if we would just trusted them with our votes. What a bunch of nonsense!
          אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
            Personally, I fail to understand how our government cannot do everything it needs to do with 5% of everyone's salary. Given that many of us disagree on what the government should and should not be doing, I am generously willing, more than generous, I might add, to raise that to 10%. Beyond that, I have to ask what is so difficult? Are our elected officials the stupidest people in the world, or what? And we must be even stupider to re-elect these idiots. We let ourselves be manipulated by idiot bimbos on Fox News or MSNBC (lower bimbo factor perhaps) to think that one party or the other would fix everything if we would just trusted them with our votes. What a bunch of nonsense!
            Yeah! A bunch of nonsense!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Personally, I fail to understand how our government cannot do everything it needs to do with 5% of everyone's salary. Given that many of us disagree on what the government should and should not be doing, I am generously willing, more than generous, I might add, to raise that to 10%. Beyond that, I have to ask what is so difficult? Are our elected officials the stupidest people in the world, or what? And we must be even stupider to re-elect these idiots. We let ourselves be manipulated by idiot bimbos on Fox News or MSNBC (lower bimbo factor perhaps) to think that one party or the other would fix everything if we would just trusted them with our votes. What a bunch of nonsense!
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I could Amen 5%. If we can not afford to do it at that rate it should not be done.

I am actually a fair tax person. My caveat is that this would be the only Federal tax, period. I don't expect to get that, but even so we can put the IRS out of business. I also support the repeal of the 16th amendment, but that is another story.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I was thinking of that quality as a fundamental characteristic rather than historical record, but off the top of my head the Scandinavian governments do more good than bad.
                  1) ALL of the Scandinavian national governments? 2) Do they do NO bad at all? 3)Pick one of them, say Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                    1) ALL of the Scandinavian national governments? 2) Do they do NO bad at all? 3)Pick one of them, say Sweden.
                    1) Yes 2) They do some bad, but more good than bad 3) I'd rather pick Denmark, but Sweden is fine if you have a particular argument.

Comment

1) Yes 2) They do some bad, but more good than bad 3) I'd rather pick Denmark, but Sweden is fine if you have a particular argument.
                      Denmark is fine. Any government is fine. But why Denmark in particular? Is it because, of all the national governments in the world, you think you know Denmark well enough to meet my challenge?

Comment

• My sister is a global accounts manager for Anthem BC/BS. I spoke to her yesterday on my birthday about how the ACA is working out for them. She said they are in chaos now. They used to have 2-4 government audits each year, and now they have a minimum of one per month. Her professional opinion is that the insurance companies are most certainly NOT a fan of the ACA requirements.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                          Denmark is fine. Any government is fine. But why Denmark in particular? Is it because, of all the national governments in the world, you think you know Denmark well enough to meet my challenge?
                          I think Denmark has the least number of possible issues.

Comment

I think Denmark has the least number of possible issues.
                            Is this Scandinavian Tour going to eventually come back to the actual topic?

Comment

Is this Scandinavian Tour going to eventually come back to the actual topic?
                              Sure. ACA works if the goal is to get more people insured and address some issues in that regard. However, it does not work if the goal is to heal the sick. The only solution to that problem is UHC, as found in Scandinavia, as well as many other countries.

Comment

Sure. ACA works if the goal is to get more people insured and address some issues in that regard. However, it does not work if the goal is to heal the sick. The only solution to that problem is UHC, as found in Scandinavia, as well as many other countries.
                                The purpose of ACA is to get more people dependent on the government.

Comment