Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Muslim-Free Zone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most important question from a Christian perspective should be how we can best engage the communities we're discussing so that they can hear the gospel. (And I don't have the answers.)
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Yes my old Dentist and my old GP were Muslim, and they seemed OK. But who knows what is in their hearts.
      I had been going to my neurologist for 14 years, and I'm 100% positive that he would never engage in, nor condone the acts of the terrorists we see in the news.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        I had been going to my neurologist for 14 years, and I'm 100% positive that he would never engage in, nor condone the acts of the terrorists we see in the news.

Yes, my Muslim GP was a woman and a sweetheart. I felt bad for her after 911 she was getting death threats and ended up moving back to Canada (she was originally from Pakistan). My Dentist on the other hand...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          I'm not even claiming it's not a majority. Epo outright said that moderate Muslims do not exist, and that is all I am seeking to falsify. Many of them are probably secular.
          The hyperbole conceals the greater truth, which was why I followed it with the second sentence. If you wordfilter all instances of the word "moderate" with the word "nominal", the fundamental lameness of the assistant manager's inclusivist rallying cry becomes clear.

IF WE'RE NICE ENOUGH TO THE CRAZIES, THE FENCE SITTERS WHO ARE SITTING ON THE FENCE BECAUSE THE CRAZIES LIVE WITH THEM WILL DO OUR WORK FOR US!!!

No moderate Muslims are going to become greater allies by becoming more Islamic. Islam itself is the problem. The "moderates" you speak of are sitting on the fence because the other side offers them no clear choice. Give it to them. Announce that "Islam is not a religion we can tolerate due to its reprehensible political ambitions, and we will therefore be expelling all Muslims from our clubs, nations, schools, and especially places of worship," and all of a sudden the moderates will disappear in a puff of incentive.

Comment

I wonder what percentage of Muslims actually condemn what ISIS is doing.
            Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            We're not talking about percentages, we're establishing whether moderate Muslims actually exist.
            The problem there is the Muslim practice of taqiya (sp?) blurs things a lot
            Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
            1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
            -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
              So true, but having known at least a few Muslims who I'm sure would not do that leaves me with the conclusion that a few moderate Muslims exist. Although in the extreme minority.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                Why can't they just have ONE CLEAR understanding of their religion like us Christians!
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

How will the owner know if the would be patron is a muslim or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Why can't they just have ONE CLEAR understanding of their religion like us Christians!
                    While I understand what you're getting at, other than the "Quran Only" types, denomination seemingly does little as far as extremist interpretation.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      How will the owner know if the would be patron is a muslim or not?
                      Who knows.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Who knows.
                        Exactly, she wouldn't know, so how does she intend to discriminate?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Exactly, she wouldn't know, so how does she intend to discriminate?
                          You would have to ask her.

Comment

You would have to ask her.
                            Or offer her some bacon horse dovers.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Or offer her some bacon horse dovers.
                              bacon, bacon! nature's most perfect food!

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                                So true, but having known at least a few Muslims who I'm sure would not do that leaves me with the conclusion that a few moderate Muslims exist. Although in the extreme minority.
                                I've known, and been good friends with, a number of Muslims over the years. (when I was a student atleast a quarter of my class was Muslim), Even some of the very devout ones I was good friends with. And the first company I worked at (I was there for 5 years) had a number of Muslim staff, again many who I was good friends with.

The bunch I was a student with (this from 1999 to 2001) I would have said were on the whole moderate Muslims, even the fairly devout ones. But you know what? On 11/09/2001 a fair number of them had the attitude of "America got what it deserved for putting it's nose in other people's business".
                                Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                                1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                                -Ben Witherington III

Comment