Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Re: Michael Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Nice that you're proud of me. What was your score?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• What's the deal with yellow? Does CP have a green lantern ring?
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

I'm not understanding that question.
        The multiple sources that dispute the other eye-witness testimony, what exactly are they disputing about the other eye-witness testimony. There's a range of multiple third-hand interpretations going on between sources, eye-witnesses, reporter, etc.

I agree with you about some things being illogical.[/QUOTE]
        אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Rogue put you up to that, didn't he?
          He bought a truckload. Well, he didn't say that exactly, but he did say they came off a truck. Everyone's wearing them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            What's the deal with yellow? Does CP have a green lantern ring?
            Yellow makes CP sad

He's a bit of a jackwagon

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Saying that something doesn't meet the standards for publication is not the same as retracting it.
              She was being cited as a reporter.

Comment

• Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                He bought a truckload. Well, he didn't say that exactly, but he did say they came off a truck. Everyone's wearing them.
                Bought? Yeah... I bought them. Yup. That's it. Obtained them all legal like. Perfectly legit.

Comment

• MEANWHILE, we now know that the grand jury considering Wilson's fate is comprised of nine white people and three blacks. This is fairly representative of the makeup of St. Louis. Reportedly, there are six white men, one black man, three white women, and two black women.

I wonder if we're going to have ANOTHER racial conniption if this grand jury should decide to no-bill Wilson.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

MEANWHILE, we now know that the grand jury considering Wilson's fate is comprised of nine white people and three blacks. This is fairly representative of the makeup of St. Louis. Reportedly, there are six white men, one black man, three white women, and two black women.

I wonder if we're going to have ANOTHER racial conniption if this grand jury should decide to no-bill Wilson.
                    Where is the court located? I heard Ferguson is 2/3 African American and their police force is like 90% white. That is one of the sources of friction and mistrust.
                    אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

• And, incidentally, it takes nine of the twelve to return an indictment against Wilson.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• And it would seem that at least some publications didn't agree that the tweet was not good enough to publish

Unfortunately, most seem to be right wing sort of publications. New York Post, for example. http://nypost.com/2014/08/19/witness...fore-shooting/

And there are reports doing the rounds that after the first few days the locals stayed out of the riots and left them in the hands of the "looter tourists"
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                        Scripture before Tradition:
                        but that won't prevent others from
                        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                          Where is the court located? I heard Ferguson is 2/3 African American and their police force is like 90% white. That is one of the sources of friction and mistrust.
                          I'm not 100% positive on this, but I think it's a St Louis COUNTY grand jury, and Ferguson is a town in that county.

Comment

• It may also be worth noting that this grand jury began its term in May, PRIOR to the Brown incident, so there can be no legitimate accusation of "stacking the jury" for or against Brown or Wilson.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              IIRC the buddy claimed that he was shot down from behind like an animal.
                              Once again not true rogue. The buddy claimed that he was shot at from behind while running away. Then he went on to say that his friend turned and raised his arms in the air at which time he was shot multiple more times by the officer. The problem may be that you are getting your information only from a biased and obviously dishonest source because if you heard it from the witness own mouth you would know that you are not speaking the truth about his testimony.

only explanation" for the arm wound is utter nonsense.
                              The point is that it is a video which you posted from Brietbart, a video which at the moment of the pertinent utterance it is mumbled and confusing. You didn't hear the witness himself as of yet, corroborate the video. It also makes no sense to say, as you admit was said twice at the beginning of the video, "he was killed for no reason", and then go on to say that he was charging the officer. If it was someone else speaking at that point, then the video is contradictory at best. Besides that, one has to be awfully credulous to believe that anyone is going to charge straight into his certain death.
                              As far as the arm wounds are concerned, it wasn't my analysis as to how they could have occurred, it was the coroners analysis which I merely informed you of. Apparently you know better than the coroner.
                              Pretty much what we expect from you JimL
                              Remove the mote from your own eye first rogue. As is apparent above, you are agenda driven, not truth driven.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Once again not true rogue.
                                Source: NBCNews

The friend who was walking with unarmed Missouri teen Michael Brown when he was killed says Brown was "shot like an animal" by a police officer who approached the pair for no apparent reason while they were on their way home. "We were just walking down, minding our own business," Dorian Johnson, 22, told NBC affiliate KDSK of the Saturday afternoon confrontation in Ferguson that ended fatally for Brown, 18. The officer drove up to them and told them to "get the f**ck on the sidewalk," Johnson said. "He didn't say 'freeze,' 'hold,' or nothing like we were committing a crime."

Johnson said his confusion soon turned to fear as he watched the officer grab Brown around the neck. Even though Brown "never once attempted to grab for the officer's weapon," the cop reached for his gun with his other hand, Johnson said. "He says, 'I'll shoot.' It wasn't even a second later before the gun just went off." Brown ran, putting his hands up in surrender, but the officer kept firing, Johnson said. "It was just horrible to watch," Johnson said, breaking down. "It was definitely like being shot like an animal."

© Copyright Original Source

The buddy claimed that he was shot at from behind while running away.
                                See, that's the problem, Jimmy... your star witness is a liar, and keeps changing his story.

Comment