Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Obama Tosses Intelligence Community Under the Bus Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    I can see why the intelligence community-- or even just the administration-- would want to believe that the Iraqi military was adequately prepared for a fight.
    Do you have any reason to believe the intelligence community DID believe the Iraqi military was prepared for a fight?

It'd have been a lot harder to withdraw from Iraq if we sincerely believed we were leaving the Iraqi people defenseless.
    Do you have any reason to believe Obama's decision to leave Iraq was anything OTHER than pure politics?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Do you have any reason to believe the intelligence community DID believe the Iraqi military was prepared for a fight?
      Is there evidence to that they thought the Iraqi military was woefully unprepared for a fight? We'd given them all sorts of arms and technology, after all.

Do you have any reason to believe Obama's decision to leave Iraq was anything OTHER than pure politics?
      doesn't matter. Still hard to rationalize leaving the Iraqis undefended.
      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Is there evidence to that they thought the Iraqi military was woefully unprepared for a fight? We'd given them all sorts of arms and technology, after all.
        I believe that the military and our intelligence service thought that the withdrawal timeline -- especially announced in advance -- was a mistake, in addition to the failure to negotiate a status of forces agreement. Giving them "stuff" is not the same as certifying them mission capable.

doesn't matter. Still hard to rationalize leaving the Iraqis undefended.
        EGGZACKLY!!!!! Which is why Obama is a foreign policy DISASTER!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If you have to compare terrorists to a sport wouldn't football make more sense? You can't even make contact in basketball...

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            If you have to compare terrorists to a sport wouldn't football make more sense? You can't even make contact in basketball...

Because Obama plays basketball. Easy to see why it's the first sport he goes to.
            Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

You're a racist!

Comment

Because Obama plays basketball. Easy to see why it's the first sport he goes to.
                I thought it was golf. And there are so many appropriate terms like duffer, mulligan, double and triple bogey, choke, downswing, whiff, shank, lie... and one that just sounds like it's begging to be co-opted into politico-speak: Coefficient of Restitution

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  I thought it was golf. And there are so many appropriate terms like duffer, mulligan, double and triple bogey, choke, downswing, whiff, shank, lie... and one that just sounds like it's begging to be co-opted into politico-speak: Coefficient of Restitution
                  That explains why he didn't go to golf. Too close to home!

Comment