Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

They Are Offically Mad Dogs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seer
    replied
    Idiots...

After vowing to abolish police, Minneapolis City Council demands to know 'Where are the police?' as violence plagues the city

Minnesota Public Radio:

The number of reported violent crimes, like assaults, robberies and homicides are up compared to 2019, according to MPD crime data. More people have been killed in the city in the first nine months of 2020 than were slain in all of last year. Property crimes, like burglaries and auto thefts, are also up. Incidents of arson have increased 55 percent over the total at this point in 2019

https://www.theblaze.com/news/minnea...are-the-police

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
    now that I understand what your point is I want you to do one thing here. In the cases that sparked the current Protests and Riots Name one instance where after a thorough investigation the evidence showed that the Black man cooperated with the police evidence means body cams, other videos, witnesses, etc. I'll make it easier on you the latest one in Lancaster they released the body cam right off and it showed the man attacking the police officer with a knife so you can't use that one as the evidence show he was not cooperating. but any of the others from George Floydd on are fair game.
    I would argue that the police cam footage puts a different light on even the George Floyd incident. It didn't happen ANYTHING like we were led (myself included) to believe. And though I do still think his death questionable, he was in fact resisting and fighting with police once they got him into the back of the police car before they got him on the ground (which he himself requested).

Leave a comment:

• RumTumTugger
    replied
    Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
    I made no argument. I pointed out a fact.

I said nothing about that. I stated - correctly - that we do not know from video evidence that blacks fail to cooperate with white cops any more often than whites fail to. Maybe they do. Maybe they don't. seanD's claim that "we know from video evidence blacks don't cooperate with white cops, hence the reason, in most cases, they end up getting hurt or shot" was misleading if not false, which is why I stated what I did.
    now that I understand what your point is I want you to do one thing here. In the cases that sparked the current Protests and Riots Name one instance where after a thorough investigation the evidence showed that the Black man cooperated with the police evidence means body cams, other videos, witnesses, etc. I'll make it easier on you the latest one in Lancaster they released the body cam right off and it showed the man attacking the police officer with a knife so you can't use that one as the evidence show he was not cooperating. but any of the others from George Floydd on are fair game.

Leave a comment:

• Electric Skeptic
    replied
    Electric Skeptic, the foundation of your argument is flawed
    I made no argument. I pointed out a fact.

yyou are right there is no video on social media that shows any white person being killed or abused by the police even when they cooperate that is because no one is interested in posting said video and even if it was posted no one from the leftist MSM is interested in showing all the facts.
    I said nothing about that. I stated - correctly - that we do not know from video evidence that blacks fail to cooperate with white cops any more often than whites fail to. Maybe they do. Maybe they don't. seanD's claim that "we know from video evidence blacks don't cooperate with white cops, hence the reason, in most cases, they end up getting hurt or shot" was misleading if not false, which is why I stated what I did.

If you are basing your belief on is what you see on the web your view is rather myopic. The Justice Department tracks incidences of this kind and paints a much different picture, and since they track every police interaction with the public from every police department I'll take their word on it rather then the leftist MSM and posters of the few out of context videos on Social media of the 1/2 dozen or so incidences of white police officers killing blacks. BTW of those cases that sparked the current Riots upon investigation the evidence(body cams, other videos, voice recordings, etc) showed they were not being cooperative but of course if all you are interested in is what is first shown on the web then you will continue with your myoptic view and I can't help you with that.
    I have no idea what you are talking about. I stated a plain fact that neither you nor anybody else can show to be false. I stated nothing about what you post.

Leave a comment:

• RumTumTugger
    replied
    We do not know from video evidence that blacks fail to cooperate with white cops any more often than whites fail to.
    Electric Skeptic, the foundation of your argument is flawed yyou are right there is no video on social media that shows any white person being killed or abused by the police even when they cooperate that is because no one is interested in posting said video and even if it was posted no one from the leftist MSM is interested in showing all the facts. If you are basing your belief on is what you see on the web your view is rather myopic. The Justice Department tracks incidences of this kind and paints a much different picture, and since they track every police interaction with the public from every police department I'll take their word on it rather then the leftist MSM and posters of the few out of context videos on Social media of the 1/2 dozen or so incidences of white police officers killing blacks. BTW of those cases that sparked the current Riots upon investigation the evidence(body cams, other videos, voice recordings, etc) showed they were not being cooperative but of course if all you are interested in is what is first shown on the web then you will continue with your myoptic view and I can't help you with that.
    Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Indeed, the incidents that sparked these protests have typically been cases of fully cooperative black people getting killed by cops despite their cooperation.
    Bull, Starlight, while grant you George flyodd was abuse by the policemen involved, as all of America agreed when they saw it even with the full evidence came out, the body cam, other videos and evidence that came to light when the few incidences that sparked the riots were investigated showed differently including George Flyodd in the other cases the so called "victims" pulled weapons on the police and were indeed resisting arrest . Oh wait you aren't interested in the truth only your false narrative about how evil America is. Stop ignoring evidence that goes against what you want to believe, if the evidence shows that your narrative is false then accept it and move on, or admit you are not the open minded Intellectual you pretend to be, because you will be called your on your anti intellectual bias every single time.
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 09-15-2020, 05:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Starlight
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    It was apparently this guy Kevin Price and some of his friends for something called Africa Town Coalition.
    As far as I can tell, the Africa Town Coalition is a completely different activist group to Black Lives Matter.

Looks like it was only a handful of people
    Okay. That seems worth noting. Seer's OP was obviously trying to tar the large-scale largely-peaceful BLM protests around the country of late with the brush of the actions of this tiny and unrelated group.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    It goes without saying that I utterly condemn the behavior of these specific protesters if it is anything close to what is being reported here (not that I would trust Fox News to accurately report that the sky was blue).
    How about a Los Angeles CBS News affiliate (KCAL-TV Channel 9), although they seem more focused on the arrest of the reporter?

Source: Anti-Police Protesters Yell �We Hope They Die� Outside Hospital Where Wounded Deputies Were Taken

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Of course there are the uncensored, unedited videos that Sparko provided (where you can see that they did more than say "We hope they die")

Here is a report from MSN (Microsoft):

Source: We hope they die': Protesters gather outside of hospital where two deputies are receiving care following 'ambush

Meet the Press.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

As someone who has seen a video of the shooting I don't know why they put the word ambush in scare quotes. Anywho, both links include videos embedded in the stories.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    It goes without saying that I utterly condemn the behavior of these specific protesters if it is anything close to what is being reported here (not that I would trust Fox News to accurately report that the sky was blue).
    I posted videos of the protest.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    It was apparently this guy Kevin Price and some of his friends for something called Africa Town Coalition. Here is a video from their point of view:

https://youtu.be/lvHo7c3FG1k
    [warning language]

Here is the view from a third party:

https://youtu.be/K8Trlqg9ECM

Looks like it was only a handful of people, and the police drove them off and arrested three including a reporter.

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied
    Indeed, the incidents that sparked these protests have typically been cases of fully cooperative black people getting killed by cops despite their cooperation.
    Ok, name them.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Blatantly false. Some have started out peacefully only to have the person suddenly start fighting when they realize they're being arrested.

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    Fully cooperative, where? Be specific...

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Indeed, the incidents that sparked these protests have typically been cases of fully cooperatives black people getting killed by cops despite their cooperation.
    That is absolute and complete bullcrap and you know it, SL.

Leave a comment:

• Starlight
    replied
    We do not know from video evidence that blacks fail to cooperate with white cops any more often than whites fail to.
    Last edited by Starlight; 09-15-2020, 01:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Electric Skeptic
    replied
    Originally posted by seanD View Post
    Only problem with your theory is the visual evidence that disproves your theory. We know from video evidence blacks don't cooperate with white cops, hence the reason, in most cases, they end up getting hurt or shot.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Dimbulb View Post
    A more recent study, out this year, says differently:
    Perhaps because a white officer is more likely than a black officer to encounter violent resistance in a black neighborhood?

Leave a comment: