Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

To Destroy America - BLM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Yes, but only because you want to link the protesters and the issue at hand with a Marxist Communist agenda because that suits your agenda of ignoring or denying the actual issue of the need for police and justice reform.
    No, the link will occur because they have the same name/logo.

As a Libertarian, I've always been critical of police policies and a need for reform. But there isn't going to be any reform while "protesters" are causing damage and injury. The response to that will likely be even greater authoritarian and aggressive policing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

As a Libertarian, I've always been critical of police policies and a need for reform. But there isn't going to be any reform while "protesters" are causing damage and injury. The response to that will likely be even greater authoritarian and aggressive policing.
      Which would suggest....
      A) the protesters are too bird-brained stupid to get that (which I don't believe is the case)
      2) police reform is not the real goal
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I denounce the violence and the mission of BLM, which is clearly spelled out on their own website.
        Nobody has been able to show the slightest thing to be denounced in their 'What We Believe' (the closest thing I can find to a mission statement) as given on their website:

What part of that is so objectionable? The "acknowledge, respect, and celebrate differences and commonalities" bit? The "all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location" bit? Wait - I bet it's the "We embody and practice justice, liberation, and peace in our engagements with one another", right?
        America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

Which would suggest....
          A) the protesters are too bird-brained stupid to get that (which I don't believe is the case)
          2) police reform is not the real goal
          I think it's both. And I'd add a third one: Some of the "protesters" are actually just criminal opportunists; people who take advantage of a situation to loot and vandalize.

Comment

Really? Is that why you are linking the protesters with the BLM organization?
            Without the protests police abuse and injustice would go on as usual.

Comment

I think it's both. And I'd add a third one: Some of the "protesters" are actually just criminal opportunists; people who take advantage of a situation to loot and vandalize.
              Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Really? Is that why you are linking the protesters with the BLM organization?
                They carry the signs.

Without the protests police abuse and injustice would go on as usual.
                Have you seen any change? So far, I see police forces weakening and rioters becoming emboldened. The next step will be even more aggressive policing to restore order, and then that "more aggressive" style will become the norm.

Comment

Absolutely. JimL likes to pretend BLM is 'infiltrated' by the the alt-right, with absolutely no evidence whatsoever, and apparently, the BLM 'peaceful protesters' are too stupid to recognize they're there, or too weak to expel them.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The violent protesters, not peaceful demonstrators. And BLM doesn't condemn the violence at all, or call for peace. Only in your world do you obtain 'justice' or 'reform' by looting, burning, assaulting innocent people, destroying businesses, attacking federal buildings, burning police cars....

And I'm all for police reform and justice reform --- but not the super nutty extremist ideas of defunding police, and "catch and release" violent offenders.
                    What do you expect from a group that chants things like "Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon" and "What do we want? Dead cops. When do we want it? Now."?

In both cases these things can be directly linked to the murder of police officers.

And at the end of last month you had a BLM leader up in Washington D.C. declare at D.C.'s "Black Lives Matter Plaza" that "I'm ready to put these police in the [f-bomb] grave."

Since this is a screen capture the embedded video doesn't work, but then considering it is from a leftist it is laced with vulgarity and profanity so I probably couldn't put it up here. Still, here is a sample:

"I'm one that talk real [excrement]. I talked it in New York and I'm talking it in D.C. The same way I [f-bomb]ed up police in New York, I'll [f-bomb] cops up here in D.C. The same way I bust police in the head in New York, I'll bust police in the head in D.C."

He went on to tell listeners

"It's a lot of people that's on this front line. And one of the things that I always say: Don't get on this [f-bomb]ing front line if you ain't going to [f-bomb]ing fight. Don't get on this front line if you ain't going to take no hit. Don't get on this front line when the [f-bomb]ing police push back. If you gonna be on this front line and the racist [censored], nasty [censored], punk [censored] [f-bomb]ing police pushing up, you push the [f-bomb] up."

Oh, has anyone heard this?

The MSM certainly hasn't mentioned her. You can look up her record on Wikipedia. I should note that she doesn't "run" BLM but rather is on the board of directors of a group which handles their fundraising

From the late 1970s into the mid-1980s, Rosenberg was active in the far-left revolutionary terrorist May 19th Communist Organization ("M19CO"), which according to a contemporaneous FBI report "openly advocate[d] the overthrow of the U.S. Government through armed struggle and the use of violence".[2] M19CO provided support to an offshoot of the Black Liberation Army, including in armored truck robberies, and later engaged in bombings of government buildings.[3]

After living as a fugitive for two years, Rosenberg was arrested in 1984 while in possession of a large cache of explosives and firearms. She had also been sought as an accomplice in the 1979 prison escape of Assata Shakur and in the 1981 Brink's robbery that resulted in the deaths of two police and a guard[4], although she was never charged in either case.

Rosenberg was sentenced to 58 years' imprisonment on the weapons and explosives charges. She spent 16 years in prison, during which she became a poet, author, and AIDS activist. Her sentence was commuted to time served by President Bill Clinton on January 20, 2001,[5] his final day in office

And don't get me started on the declared hero/role model of BLM, Assata Shakur
                    Last edited by rogue06; 09-09-2020, 11:27 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Absolutely. JimL likes to pretend BLM is 'infiltrated' by the the alt-right, with absolutely no evidence whatsoever, and apparently, the BLM 'peaceful protesters' are too stupid to recognize they're there, or too weak to expel them.
                      It's impossible to know who's who just by scanning a street scene, but I doubt there are any/many "alt-right" in the mix causing trouble.

The three people shot in Kenosha appear to be a mixture. The first two were probably just opportunists, repeat felons looking for a fight. The third one was Antifa, a felon illegally in possession of a gun. My guess is none of the three had any affiliation with BLM. However in other cities, I've seen violence at the very feet of people with BLM shirts and signs.

Comment

It's impossible to know who's who just by scanning a street scene, but I doubt there are any/many "alt-right" in the mix causing trouble.
                        Agreed, and I clearly and loudly denounce any unlawful violence regardless of who causes it - including the "alt-right".

The three people shot in Kenosha appear to be a mixture. The first two were probably just opportunists, repeat felons looking for a fight. The third one was Antifa, a felon illegally in possession of a gun. My guess is none of the three had any affiliation with BLM. However in other cities, I've seen violence at the very feet of people with BLM shirts and signs.
                        The very fact that BLM "peaceful protests" tend to draw these types though.....

And.... Martin Luther King Jr never marched at night.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Oh, has anyone heard this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48050[/ATTACH]
                          I think so. Isn't she the one who escaped to Cuba for several years?

ETA - Never mind. I was thinking of Assata Shakur
                          Last edited by Ronson; 09-09-2020, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Agreed, and I clearly and loudly denounce any unlawful violence regardless of who causes it - including the "alt-right".

The very fact that BLM "peaceful protests" tend to draw these types though.....

And.... Martin Luther King Jr never marched at night.
                            Agree to your agreement.

Those who start lighting fires, throwing bricks, smashing windows and stealing stuff are not protesting whatever be their political stripe, color of their skin and regardless if they prefer right Twixt or left Twixt.

They are rioters and looters plain and simple.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Agree to your agreement.

Those who start lighting fires, throwing bricks, smashing windows and stealing stuff are not protesting whatever be their political stripe, color of their skin and regardless if they prefer right Twixt or left Twixt.

They are rioters and looters plain and simple.
                              Anybody with half a brain who wanted to be seen as a "peaceful protester" would
                              A) not be running around dressed all in black at night
                              2) not hang around people who are known to cause chaos (you are known by the company that keeps you)
                              C) not be carrying umbrellas, bricks, bottles of urine, commercial grade fireworks -- or hanging around with those who do.

I think the left has finally realized these are NOT peaceful protesters (JimL will get the fax eventually) so they have begun blaming the rioting and mayhem on Trump - this is "Trump's America".

Comment