Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Coming Civil War?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    Pretty messy civil war without distinct borders. Just ideologies scattered around from city to city and state to state.
    Agreed. Just not the same reasonably clear boundaries of the Civil War. Although I seem to recall reading that every Southern state except South Carolina had men fighting for the Union.

You could draw some approximate lines. The big cities exerting their influence out around them and then the rest of the nation. Which gives the interesting observation that it may not be guns as much as food supply that determines the winner. Can't grow a lot of food in the cities so they would be liable to starvation. This is pretty much what Assad does in Syria in the now pretty much forgotten Syrian Civil War which has been going on for years.

The issue for the non-city dwellers will be transportation. A lot of major highways, railroads, and airports are going to be cut-off from them. Getting their troops to the right place will be a pain.

Of course the deciding factor is going to be how the US military divides. The majority to one side or the other and we're looking at a guerrilla war. A split down the middle and it will be a blood bath. Either way I think at the end of our new Civil War, we're looking at some form of military dictatorship with possibly a civilian show government. I don't think anyone wants that.

A real and unpredictable mess anyway you look at it.
    Last edited by Thoughtful Monk; 08-14-2020, 10:49 AM.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by alaskazimm View Post
      Don't put us in with the rest of the lunatic West Coast, we don't need them forcing their wacky ideals on us up here.
      Ok. You can be a fourth county or align with the rest as you see fit. You also have permission to join Canada.
      Last edited by Thoughtful Monk; 08-14-2020, 10:47 AM.
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        No Jim, I just see reality - the left is pushing violence in major cities and the authorities are not protecting the population. What do you expect to happen?
        You mean like the authorities are protecting the population from the protesters in Belarus.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          You mean like the authorities are protecting the population from the protesters in Belarus.
          So Jim, you are good with allowing riots and the destruction we are seeing in these cities?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

So Jim, you are good with allowing riots and the destruction we are seeing in these cities?
            Nope, but leave the peaceful protesters out of it. They are mostly peaceful protests all over the country. You just want to focus on the interlopers which can be dealt with without using them as an excuse for sending in the military and violating the constitutional rights of the protesters.

Comment

Nope, but leave the peaceful protesters out of it. They are mostly peaceful protests all over the country. You just want to focus on the interlopers which can be dealt with without using them as an excuse for sending in the military and violating the constitutional rights of the protesters.

"Peaceful protesters" don't protest in the middle of the night. It's just idiotic to defend that.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I said nothing about peaceful protests! So when your local government won't protect you from these destructive mobs what is one supposed to do?
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I said nothing about peaceful protests! So when your local government won't protect you from these destructive mobs what is one supposed to do?
                  Go to the mob and appeal for cooperation. Like the idiot Mayor of Portland did! That went well, didn't it?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I neither support nor condone violence. So why should I suddenly condone or support the violence of ethno-nationalist alt-righters?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                      I neither support nor condone violence. So why should I suddenly condone or support the violence of ethno-nationalist alt-righters?
                      I believe you have consistently condemned violence regardless of the source.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                        As of now the "alt-righters" are just defending property.

Business and property owner asked armed militia members to Oakdale, police chief says

https://www.modbee.com/news/local/oa...243352451.html

In Klamath Falls, Oregon, victory declared over antifa, which never showed up
                        Towns from Washington state to Indiana have seen armed groups begin patrolling the streets after rumors spread on social media about an antifa invasion.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-...howed-n1226681
                        Last edited by seer; 08-14-2020, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Go to the mob and appeal for cooperation. Like the idiot Mayor of Portland did! That went well, didn't it?

https://nypost.com/2020/08/11/black-...rwqrcBavGqNlog

Comment

• Yeah, I saw that ---- yet our liberal nutters here on Tweb will still defend BLM as a legitimate and honorable institution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Yeah, I saw that ---- yet our liberal nutters here on Tweb will still defend BLM as a legitimate and honorable institution.
                              Here are the list of demands made by BLM in Seattle: https://medium.com/@seattleblmanon3/...e-ddaee51d3e47

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                                As of now the "alt-righters" are just defending property.
                                No need for quote marks. These are straight up alt-righters alright. The news story you linked to even describes how one of them killed a protestor. He threw a woman protestor to the ground violently, and when people chased after him he turned around and unloaded a gun into chest of a protestor.

Comment