Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How do they find them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    On that last point you are quite wrong.

So, given that you consider the article to be "deceptive and disingenous" do you agree with Greene that there is "an Islamic invasiongangs and dealing drugs
    I don't know if Greene actually believes that because I don't know much about her. My whole point was the article I believe may be mischaracterizing her views because they've given me reason to believe that.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
      I'm discussing Soros here as part of the article of the OP, and basing the integrity of that article in how they addressed that subject. As far as discussing him outside the scope of this thread, I rarely ever talk about Soros. I'm concerned about a wealthy hedge fund mongol who funds social movements in my country that are disruptive. But I'm apparently not as obsessed in attacking him for that as you are in defending him. That's what I don't get.
      And yet a lawless, treasonous, authoritarian, wannabe dictator who is undermining democratic institutions and democracy itself in your country doesn't concern you. Get obsessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
        Stop pretending that conservatives don't routinely bring his name up as a pejorative. Anyone would care if some public figure was frequently lied about and misrepresented. Doesn't matter if that person is a Democrat or a Republican, an American or a Mexican, a white person or a black person.
        I never said they don't.
        What you said was "I still don't understand why it bothers you what other folks think about him."

What you did was chop out the rest of my post which provided the answer that you already knew when you pretended otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
          What you said was "I still don't understand why it bothers you what other folks think about him."

What you did was chop out the rest of my post which provided the answer that you already knew.
          Tit for tat, bro.

Comment

Tit for tat, bro.
            I've never omitted any substantive portion of your posts.

What I do routinely - with you any most other people here - is exclude the content that's irrelevant to the point I'm making. I never exclude stuff that's relevant to my (or their) comments.

---

You know why people are "bothered" by the lies about Soros. Stop pretending otherwise.

Comment

I'm discussing Soros here as part of the article of the OP, and basing the integrity of that article in how they addressed that subject. As far as discussing him outside the scope of this thread, I rarely ever talk about Soros. I'm concerned about a wealthy hedge fund mongol who funds social movements in my country that are disruptive. But I'm apparently not as obsessed in attacking him for that as you are in defending him. That's what I don't get.
              Have you considered that this is a discussion forum and I simply find the conspiracy theories floating around Soros to be ridiculous and respond to them for little more reason than that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                Fair enough, but I can't see how a boy who is brought along with a friend of his father (who is also keeping Soros's secret) for what amounts to a small three day trip to a mansion counts as collaboration.
                The accidental theorist: and other dispatches from the dismal science
                "[N]obody who has read a business magazine in the last few years can be unaware that these days there really are investors who not only move money in anticipation of a currency crisis, but actually do their best to trigger that crisis for fun and profit. These new actors on the scene do not yet have a standard name; my proposed term is 'Soroi'."
                The Alchemy of Finance Soros wrote:

Again, imagine how the MSM would react if someone like this was bankrolling conservative causes and groups.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• And once the left could no longer fool people into thinking that Trump was referring to MS-13 and not Hispanics in general[1], they ended up leaping to the defense of this incredibly violent rape-murder gang.
                  Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  That is the route they are taking what with the House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi wistfully talking about them possessing the "spark of divinity" and how we need to "respect the dignity and worth" of these wanton killers.

Likewise, Will Wilkinson, a contributing opinion writer for the New York Times and a regular columnist for Vox, is proclaiming that "every member" of MS-13 has "dignity that demands respect."

And there's Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer comparing MS-13 to our ancestors who came to America declaring that our "great-great-grandparents" weren't animals when they immigrated here and members of MS-13 "aren't either."

And Sen. Dianne Feinstein who also apparently not only believes that MS-13 gang members are not "animals" but are instead "are our family and friends and they make significant contributions to our country."

They are desperately attempting to conflate MS-13 gang members with all immigrants

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47719[/ATTACH]

1. Well except for Kool-Aide guzzlers like whateverman, but then he thinks the rioting we've been seeing is actually conservatives pretending to be antifa
                  Attached Files

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Have you considered that this is a discussion forum and I simply find the conspiracy theories floating around Soros to be ridiculous and respond to them for little more reason than that?
                    The predominant conspiracy theories about Soros in political circles I've heard is that he funds leftist movements in the US, which is a fact. Why a wealthy mongol like him does that is certainly open for debate. Anything else is probably just fringe nonsense, certainly not anywhere near equal to the predominant conspiracy theories surrounding Trump, like he's collaborating with Russia to betray this country or that he's a Putin puppet. Yet that doesn't bother me anywhere near as it seems to bother you about Soros.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                      Well, that's at least evidence against the claim that the so-called president wasn't necessarily being the full-blown racist this one FB post portrayed. I don't find it persuasive, in the sense that a single FB post is dwarfed by the documented racist incidents in the so-called president's past.

But sure, you technically provided support in BillTheCat's favor.

Of course, that support also shows the so-called president dehumanizing MS-13, about which there's a notable lack of hand-wringing here...
                      He did. Liberals cried out in horror that Trump would Dehumanize them, because it is dangerous.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        1. Well except for Kool-Aide guzzlers like whateverman
                        ... wrote the Trumpanzee

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                          He did. Liberals cried out in horror that Trump would Dehumanize them, because it is dangerous.
                          Did you cry out in horror as well, or are you just being hypocritical?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Did you cry out in horror as well, or are you just being hypocritical?
                            Yes. I did call it out as bad to dehumanize people. Democrats just cared because they thought it could be used as a cudgel against Trump. Hence the hypocrisy here when people dehumanize those they don't like.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                              Yes. I did call it out as bad to dehumanize people. Democrats just cared because they thought it could be used as a cudgel against Trump. Hence the hypocrisy here when people dehumanize those they don't like.
                              No, I would argue that the democrats who spoke out did so because they already knew Trumps character by his previous racist comments and dogwhistles. Sherriff Mimms did indeed bring up MS13, but the discussion was about undocumented immigrants and Trumpn never mentioned MS13 specifically in his response, he only mentioned "immigrants" and "these people". So democrats who spoke up had good reason to call him on it. Trump on the other hand dehumanizes people nearly every day as he did with respect to the protesters, and I don't see you Trumpsters being at all bothered by it, in fact you defend it.

Comment

I also think you're underplaying just how badly he is attacked by conservatives in the US. He is regularly, on Twitter and Facebook (especially by the posts I've seen from my Trump supporting family members), accused of all sorts of evil. And he's not merely accused of "helping the nazis while avoiding the Holocaust", he is accused of being a Nazi, and of having made a significant amount of his wealth from what he did. Which is a ridiculous conspiracy theory.

As I said I had to talk a family member out of the idea that he had even participated in Auschwitz and helped execute his own people.
                                Experiences vary.

I am becoming an outsider to my family, in that I'm an anti-BLM, pro-Blue Lives Matter, Irredeemable Deplorable.

However, while my family comprises mostly libs, my friends are mostly in line with me. I "Follow" various conservative sources on Facebook, including Tucker Carlson and the Daily Wire. The bad stuff I hear about Soros involves the odious causes he funds. I almost never hear the "Nazi" stuff.
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment