Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden's running mate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Things have really gone downhill since the days of Bill "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" Clinton.

Although come to think of, politicians have generally been moral reprobates, but they used try harder to give the illusion that they were moral, upstanding men, and when one got caught being "naughty", he was disgraced and humiliated. Sadly, those times are far behind us, and we're often stuck with picking the least bad choice to represent us in various government positions.
    The word around D.C. was that a woman should never get in an elevator with LBJ alone. If he found you attractive at the very least he would expose himself (he was allegedly well endow and quite proud of it) and very possibly start groping you. The stories are numerous and IIRC documented by more than one biographer.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      The word around D.C. was that a woman should never get in an elevator with LBJ alone. If he found you attractive at the very least he would expose himself (he was allegedly well endow and quite proud of it) and very possibly start groping you. The stories are numerous and IIRC documented by more than one biographer.
      JFK was a sexual addict who repeatedly cheated on Jackie, but he maintained a carefully cultivated public image as the perfect family man.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Things have really gone downhill since the days of Bill "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" Clinton.
        Thanks to Republicans like yourself :)

Go ahead. Copy and paste your response again. We all know that dogma is one of the two responses you have to arguments you cannot address.
        Last edited by Whateverman; 08-12-2020, 11:44 AM.

Comment

JFK was a sexual addict who repeatedly cheated on Jackie, but he maintained a carefully cultivated public image as the perfect family man.
          LBJ commonly boasted that he had bedded far more women than JFK even dreamed about. He made Shakespeare's Lothario look positively pious and chaste in comparison.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
            Riiiiight. Because they forced Clinton into a corner where he had no choice to have an affair with an underling (intern) shortly after making a big deal of making that sort of behavior illegal. Never mind that he had been doing this sort of things as an elected official for many years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              Kamala Harris...

Just 6 months ago, she called him a racist!!!
              So far through this election, I've been leaning Trump. Harris really doesn't change that much.
              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I never voted for Bill Clinton.

Look, I get it, Trump may not be a choir boy, but unlike Slick Willy, he has never been credibly accused of rape, and by all accounts, he has walked the straight narrow while in the Oval Office. Furthermore, he was a far better choice than the alternative who was a woman who helped her husband destroy the lives of his sexual abuse victims.

Frankly, my first choice was Rand Paul, but he was out of contention long before I even had a chance to vote in the primary.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Any time an extreme leftist anti-Christian bigot calls somebody or something "more Christian", you can absolutely count on that person or entity to be anything but.
                  Considering how they define Christianity when they are attacking it I don't think I'd want to be "more Christian."

Comment

Look, I get it, Trump may not be a choir boy, but unlike Slick Willy, he has never been credibly accused of rape, and by all accounts, he has walked the straight narrow while in the Oval Office. Furthermore, he was a far better choice than the alternative who was a woman who helped her husband destroy the lives of his sexual abuse victims.

Frankly, my first choice was Rand Paul, but he was out of contention long before I even had a chance to vote in the primary.
                    I was pretty much ABT during the primaries and Walker was probably my choice at the start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      I don't know why they don't take it all the way to just how absurd it is:

Party Of The Poor And Oppressed Nominates Old, Rich, White Pro Segregationist Racist And Corrupt Cop Who Used Black Prisoners For Slave Labor.

Comment

That's been my general experience in the primary process. By the time they get to my state, the competitive races are over and nominee is known. I wish we would look at our primary process and change the state order every 4 years so different states and regions can take turns being influential.
                        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Riiiiight. Because they forced Clinton into a corner where he had no choice to have an affair with an underling (intern) shortly after making a big deal of making that sort of behavior illegal.
                          Neither of which are illegal, and according to Republican political ethics, that makes them fine.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Never mind that he had been doing this sort of things as an elected official for many years.
                          Again, Republicans don't think that's a bad thing. Stop pretending to have standards, because we can see you (every day in these forums) refusing to hold your choice of politician accountable to them. It's only when the politician has a (D) in front of his name that you start lecturing people about proper standards of behavior.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                            Trump's a Scumbag.

At the same time, using that to hand-wave all the things Kamala Harris has actually done- in light of all your holier-than-thou slander in other threads- makes you a sell-out. So enjoy your second round of Heel Cards this 2020 Election. You deserve it.
                            It would be like Westboro Baptist church coming out and endorsing Pete Buttigieg. Then when conservatives gasp at how absurd and hypocritical that is, Ox would complain about how homophobic rightwingers are based on their reaction to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                              Trump's a Scumbag.
                              That reaction is precisely why complaints about Biden, Harris or really any Democrat federal politician in the last 2 decades can be ignored. Throwing up your hands with a "what can you do?" attitude.

The fact is that only Republican politicians get this kind of reaction.

When the bad behavior is seen in a Democrat, the end times have arrived, and a great wailing and gnashing of teeth arises from Christian partisans...

Comment

That reaction is precisely why complaints about Biden, Harris or really any Democrat federal politician in the last 2 decades can be ignored. Throwing up your hands with a "what can you do?" attitude.

The fact is that only Republican politicians get this kind of reaction.

When the bad behavior is seen in a Democrat, the end times have arrived, and a great wailing and gnashing of teeth arises from Christian partisans...
                                No, dummy. Chaotic Void is a Canadian.

Comment