Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Let's stop the nonsense about federal agents in Portland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whag View Post
    The right has a problem with kneeling during the national anthem, the most peaceful protest that can be imagined.
    Now that I did have a problem with - I don't watch Football for political commentary...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Now that I did have a problem with - I don't watch Football for political commentary...
      How many buildings did you loot and or burn down?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        If Trumps stormtroopers were there to protect federal buildings then they would be protecting the federal buildings rather than being out on the streets causing a scene, beating, pepper spraying and tear gasing protesters. This is a show, staged by Trump as an issue to run on since he has screwed everything else up.
        Jim they are chasing down those who attacked the buildings as they should. It is the protesters who are INSTIGATING this.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          But we don't attack police and burn cities over it.

Actually, I protested the alarm clock this morning and went back to sleep. MUCH more peaceful.
          Actually, you have no idea who the troublemaking instigators (other than the stormtroopers) are, CP.

Comment

How many buildings did you loot and or burn down?
            None - yet...

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Actually, you have no idea who the troublemaking instigators (other than the stormtroopers) are, CP.
              Jim --- try to think clearly for a change --- if there are no federal police (the anarchists ignorantly call them "stormtroopers") in a number of cities where there are NOT riots, looting, burning, chaos and mayhem, then it's pretty hard, except, perhaps, for a moron, to deduce that the cause is not the federal police.

The fact that you have to pretend that you do NOT know who they are shows how profoundly ignorant you are.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

None - yet...
                Try to resist, k? Maybe, try some more of that outdoor diplomacy stuff.

Comment

Jim they are chasing down those who attacked the buildings as they should. It is the protesters who are INSTIGATING this.
                  I suspect he knows that, but doesn't have the integrity to admit he's been wrong along.

Comment

But we don't attack police and burn cities over it.
                    Wait, you had a problem with mere kneeling during the national anthem? Why even care about something so harmless?

To be fair, I meant generally speaking peaceful protests aren’t supported by the right. They generally find them annoying because they sometimes block traffic and unpatriotic.

Few on the left are going out into the streets, attacking police officer and burning down cities. That’s a gross exaggeration of what’s happening in the US. Like I said before, what you ARE seeing is the pent-up rage stemming from both parties” failure to address America’s deep economic problems. The fabrication of money to help the elite is the latest expression of that.

American youth have figured out that adults in both parties, really don’t know why they’re doing with the economy, and it’s enraged them a tad since they weren’t asked to be brought into this world that you (I’m speaking generally) have ruined for them.

Actually, I protested the alarm clock this morning and went back to sleep. MUCH more peaceful.
                    The snooze button is our friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post
                      Wait, you had a problem with mere kneeling during the national anthem?
                      Yes.

Why even care about something so harmless?
                      I think it's stupid, but they have a right to be stupid. This is, after all, America. But, probably what bothered me more is this "LOOK AT ME" attitude, where TEAM is what is generally emphasized.

To be fair, I meant generally speaking peaceful protests aren’t supported by the right.
                      I do all the time. Even back in my police days when gays were not "out of the closet" yet, I was part of a team of officers who protected the gay float in the community parade from those who wanted to attack it. I'm a big fan of first amendment protections. The left is getting rather hostile to it.

They generally find them annoying because they sometimes block traffic and unpatriotic.
                      If they block traffic purposely for extended periods of time, yes, it can get people in trouble being late for work, and it may even stop emergency vehicles from saving lives.
                      My exercising my right of free speech should not cause undue hardship on others.

Few on the left are going out into the streets, attacking police officer and burning down cities. That’s a gross exaggeration of what’s happening in the US. Like I said before, what you ARE seeing is the pent-up rage stemming from both parties” failure to address America’s deep economic problems. The fabrication of money to help the elite is the latest expression of that.
                      There are MANY on the left who are providing cover for those "few" causing chaos and mayhem. This latest psychotic "wall of moms" and "wall of veterans" shows what rank hypocrisy is in play here.

American youth have figured out that adults in both parties, really don’t know why they’re doing with the economy, and it’s enraged them a tad since they weren’t asked to be brought into this world that you (I’m speaking generally) have ruined for them.
                      "Enraged" seldom turns out well.

The snooze button is our friend.
                      Especially on our day off.

Comment

Wait, you had a problem with mere kneeling during the national anthem? Why even care about something so harmless?
                        We can start with the hypocrisy:

The poster child for all of this anti-American demagoguery is NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who in 2018 signed a multi-million-dollar contract to become a megaphone for Nike products.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/25/nike-s...abor-in-china/

Comment

To be fair, I meant generally speaking peaceful protests .....
                          I think, perhaps, herein lies the rub.

What the left calls "peaceful protests" is not the same as what the right calls "peaceful protests".

I have MANY TIMES stopped to be part of the peaceful protests at the abortion clinic 40 miles away (which subsequently got shut down and we bought the building and turned it into a pregnancy assistance center) to kneel and pray. Nobody was blocked from entering or exiting the building, nobody was harassed, no laws were broken, no traffic was impeded.... just kneeling and praying.

THAT is a model of a peaceful protest.

When there is looting and burning and chaos and even death, that is STILL defended by the likes of JimL as a "peaceful protest" on the basis that "most" of the people there are not committing the arson, vandalism, looting, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                            And apparently pepper balls but the police added confusion by using the term "tear gas".

Yet still it stands.

However, your remarks do not address my question. Should peaceful protesters be dispersed with smoke canisters and pepper balls?
                            The police never said "tear gas" - the liberal newspapers did. The Park Police put out a press release denying they used any such thing. And stating the protestors were NOT peaceful but were attacking the police when the police reacted with smoke bombs.

https://www.nps.gov/subjects/uspp/6_...ef_monahan.htm

AGAIN, this was all discussed in another thread so stop derailing this one with a deflection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                              And apparently pepper balls but the police added confusion by using the term "tear gas".

Yet still it stands.

However, your remarks do not address my question. Should peaceful protesters be dispersed with smoke canisters and pepper balls?
                              Yes, when they are impeding traffic or in an area outside the area of, or exceeding the time stipulated in, the requested assembly area petition.
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                In Richmond, we do. And arrests were made last night and the night before. All were members of 7 Hills Antifa in Richmond, and all were either current or former VCU students.
                                That's what
                                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment