Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Let's stop the nonsense about federal agents in Portland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I haven't seen or heard anything focused on Portland so that you would get any sense of continuity.

And somethings nobody has to "demonize."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47098[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]47099[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]47100[/ATTACH]
    You mimic the propagandists who pour the poison into the porches of your stupified ears.
    Last edited by JimL; 07-25-2020, 04:16 PM.

Comment

I know this is a long video but it explains how the lie about a secret force came to be.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        You mimic the propagandists who pour the poison into the porches of your stupified ears.
        Stop Saying Stupid Stuff.gif
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]47113[/ATTACH]
          Wasn't refering to you, stupid. But, if you feel the shoe fits.....

Comment

Wasn't refering to you, stupid. But, if you feel the shoe fits.....
            Doesn't matter to WHOM it refers, Jim. It was incredibly stupid. I bet you're smoking up extra heavy for the weekend.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Doesn't matter to WHOM it refers, Jim. It was incredibly stupid. I bet you're smoking up extra heavy for the weekend.
              Well, then your opinion is noted. But no, I never overdo it. Moderation in all things, CP.

Comment

Well, then your opinion is noted.
                Well, thank you, Jim, that's very kind of you.

But no, I never overdo it. Moderation in all things, CP.
                THAT made me laugh, because of all the times I'd pull over a drunk who was absolutely stone cold drunk, and they'll say "but honest to God, I only had 1 beer".

Comment

Well, thank you, Jim, that's very kind of you.
                  You're opinion is always welcome, CP, even if you are always wrong.

THAT made me laugh, because of all the times I'd pull over a drunk who was absolutely stone cold drunk, and they'll say "but honest to God, I only had 1 beer".
                  I rarely drink anymore, but have done my fair share when I was younger. I go back to the days before MADD and have been let of the hook by the police a few times myself. But that was when I was very young, when the drinking age was 18, during the Vietnam war. They don't do that anymore, they don't let you off the hook, and I agree with that change, but I just lucked out at the time. But I don't see the point in getting wasted, moderation is the only way to go no matter what one chooses to imbibe.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                    And apparently pepper balls but the police added confusion by using the term "tear gas".

Yet still it stands.

However, your remarks do not address my question. Should peaceful protesters be dispersed with smoke canisters and pepper balls?
                    Maybe -- MAYBE -- they escalated the LEVEL of force used too quickly. In general, the enforcers were legally and morally justified in using SOME level of force to move the crowd back, once they had refused to heed three verbal orders.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

You're opinion is always welcome, CP, even if you are always wrong.
                      I thought I was wrong once, back in the 60's, but I was mistaken.

I rarely drink anymore, but have done my fair share when I was younger. I go back to the days before MADD and have been let of the hook by the police a few times myself. But that was when I was very young, when the drinking age was 18, during the Vietnam war. They don't do that anymore, they don't let you off the hook, and I agree with that change, but I just lucked out at the time. But I don't see the point in getting wasted, moderation is the only way to go no matter what one chooses to imbibe.
                      Good on you. (But we were talking about smoking the funny stuff - I just compared "moderation" to "But I only had 1 beer!".

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                        Maybe -- MAYBE -- they escalated the LEVEL of force used too quickly. In general, the enforcers were legally and morally justified in using SOME level of force to move the crowd back, once they had refused to heed three verbal orders.
                        Yeah, I keep saying I don't like HOW it was done, but I fully agree that law and order must be restored because the local 'authorities' refuse to do so.

And I think the reason that they refuse to deal with it, is because they have realized there is no "win" here - they have enabled and capitulated to the anarchists, and they'll look silly trying to restore order and failing miserably.

On that note, I kinda wish the feds had stayed out and let the local 'authorities' be painted with their own profound fecklessness. (Except, of course, for the innocents citizens)

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                          Welcome back. You were gone for a while.

Comment

I thought I was wrong once, back in the 60's, but I was mistaken.

But that's impossible, we can't both never be wrong.

Good on you. (But we were talking about smoking the funny stuff - I just compared "moderation" to "But I only had 1 beer!".
                            Yep, same concept.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              What I've heard comes from a wide variety of cities[1] with no special emphasis on Portland.

And you're focusing on the wrong thing here.

What do I mean?

Don't you agree if there wasn't so much violence involved in these protests/riots then it wouldn't be "over-emphasized"? So maybe, just maybe for once the emphasis needs to be on stopping the violence itself rather than worrying about whether those engaged in it are being demonized.

1. off the top of my head; Minneapolis, Atlanta, Seattle, Chicago, New York City as well as Portland. And I'm pretty sure I missed a few.
                              demonized.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

This, alone, shows that you're either one of the worst s we've every had, you're a pathological liar, or you're dumber than a coal hod. They're trying to burn down a federal courthouse, they have already taken over at least one police station, there is arson all over (Rouge posted a map), they've torched the police association building, and nutters like you say say incredibly stupid things lie "it's about graffiti?"

And you think I'M the one out of my mind?
                                Just saw a video of the "peaceful protesters" barricading the back exit of a building before they set fire to it. It looks like they were trying to trap anyone inside as it burned.

I can't link to it due to language both spoken and very visible in the graffiti.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment