Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

secret forces in oregon cities, as in DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the "right", this is a 'peaceful protest'.... (no police needed)

right peaceful.jpg

To the "left", THIS is a 'peaceful protest'...

left peaceful.jpg

Can anybody spot the difference?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      The governors are not permitted to make executive orders to shutdown the economies.
      Thankfully, when it comes to what governors are permitted to do, we listen to the courts rather than the opinions of anonymous internet partisans.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Just out of curiosity, Jim, when these "peaceful protesters" deface federal buildings, and take over and occupy police stations, and spray paint F the Police and KILL ALL COPS.....

Is that the kind of 'peaceful protest' you really want to defend? Are you THAT freakin nuts?
        Replace some of the words [Police and cops] and I daresay the British in the 1770s thought very much as you do!
        Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 07-19-2020, 10:32 AM.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

I hate it that the local officials allowed it to get so out of hand, and that it came to this.
          Okay, that's what I thought. You have no qualms about what the federal troops are doing, just that (as you believe) it had to come to that. Violently attacking, arresting, and carting random protesters away in unmarked cars to unknown places with no reading of rights, no charges, and against the wishes of the state governments is okay with you?

Comment

As for the "secret police", here's a picture of "the bad guys" from one of the sites complaining about the "secret police"....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46827[/ATTACH]

CLEARLY labeled "POLICE" on their backs, and shoulder patches say "BORTAC" - US Border Patrol.
            How is the individual officer identified?
            "It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
              It was a big surprise to me that this wasn't from the state itself.
              not a surprise to those of us here in America Leonhard because the mayor of Portland is an Antifa supporter Portland oregon is where Antifa was allowed to take over whole streets telling the citizens of Portland what street they could drive on or not. He was the one that has been telling the police to stand down for 3 years. and the Democrat governor won't do anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                Replace some of the words [Police and cops] and I daresay the British in the 1770s thought very much as you do!
                Well good, then let's have a full blown Revolution or Civil war and see what happens.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Okay, that's what I thought. You have no qualms about what the federal troops are doing, just that (as you believe) it had to come to that. Violently attacking, arresting, and carting random protesters away in unmarked cars to unknown places with no reading of rights, no charges, and against the wishes of the state governments is okay with you?
                  How do you know they are random with no charges or the reading of rights? And what about the people of Portland, have you no compassion for them?
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    How do you know they are random with no charges or the reading of rights? And what about the people of Portland, have you no compassion for them?
                    Because of at least one video out there of these guys approaching a person they arrest from 50 to 100 feet away. In the one I saw. They came for one specific person and spoke not a word to anyone as the approached heavily armed in protective gear, cuffed, and walked them to a waiting van as multiple onlookers are telling them that they just violated that person's rights.

Here is one that has prompted action from state officials:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1283852273089683464

There is some language (f word) so dont look if you cant tolerate that.

As for compassion for the people of portland: the very worst thing we could do is solve there immediate problem with a construct that opens the door to a kind of authoritarian secret police that can arrest people with no regard to their rights of even to whether or not they have probable cause.

In fact, that is how authoritarian regimes gain power. They use a crisis to creat 'protective' constructs that they can then abuse later.

You really, really need to go back and read up on why our government is as it is, and familiarize yourself with the history of a long list of authoritarian regimes and the tactics used to create them.

And the most important thing you can do is recognize that no nation, even our own, is immune.
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-19-2020, 12:15 PM.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      Because of at least one video out there of these guys approaching a person they arrest from 50 to 100 feet away. In the one I saw. They came for one specific person and spoke not a word to anyone as the approached heavily armed in protective gear, cuffed, and walked them to a waiting van as multiple onlookers are telling them that they just violated that person's rights.

Here is one that has prompted action from state officials:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1283852273089683464

There is some language (f word) so dont look if you cant tolerate that.
                      Jim these Federal buildings have all kinds of surveillance, these people could have been identified before they were picked. There is no reason to think they were random. Just the opposite, in the twitter link they know exactly who they were going after. And Jim what about what the people and business of Portland are going through?
                      Last edited by seer; 07-19-2020, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Well good, then let's have a full blown Revolution or Civil war and see what happens.
                        Just ensure the rebels do not engage the assistance of a foreign power in their struggle!
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Jim these Federal buildings have all kinds of surveillance, these people could have been identified before they were picked. There is no reason to think they were random.
                          Oh, I thought you cared about them not announcing themselves or not reading them their rights, things like that. My bad.

Fortunately there are people in power that understand how eggregious what you just viewed is and who are pushing for an investigation.

.I guess you also dont care about the peaceful protestor who AFAIK is still recovering from having his skull and jawbone fractured by a round fired randomly into a crowd.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                            Just ensure the rebels do not engage the assistance of a foreign power in their struggle!
                            And which foreign power could stand against our military?

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              Oh, I thought you cared about them not announcing themselves or not reading them their rights, things like that. My bad.

Fortunately there are people in power that understand how egregious what you just viewed is and who are pushing for an investigation.

.I guess you also dont care about the peaceful protestor who AFAIK is still recovering from having his skull and jawbone fractured by a round fired randomly into a crowd.
                              Jim how do you know their rights were not read?

Comment

And which foreign power could stand against our military?
                                Did the historical allusion pass you by?
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment