Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas hospitals are running out of drugs, beds, ventilators and even staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    That's not what it says at all.
    Yes it does:

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...sts?src=usn_tw

Source: above

Earlier this month, the council revised its COVID-19 definition to include illnesses that don't have positive test results but in which the evidence points to the disease. The council made the change in part because of growing evidence that some infected people don't exhibit symptoms and may not have been tested.

© Copyright Original Source

The change was made because testing is too scarce to be generally applied so as to catch all cases, and they are using other diagnostic evidence to assess covid 19 cases in people that were not confirmed with the lab test.

The direct implication then is that covid 19cases are being under counted.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-18-2020, 07:54 AM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Texas reported 174 deaths yesterday, close to 2x the previous record. 10 of the last 11 days have been Texas's most deadly.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Anal grammarian responds to the post without responding.
        It's all you deserved.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          Yes it does:

Earlier this month, the council revised its COVID-19 definition to include illnesses that don't have positive test results but in which the evidence points to the disease. The council made the change in part because of growing evidence that some infected people don't exhibit symptoms and may not have been tested.

The change was made because testing is too scarce to be generally applied so as to catch all cases, and they are using other diagnostic evidence to assess covid 19 cases in people that were not confirmed with the lab test.

Right... like I said, iit merely has to be suspected that a person maybe has or had the China flu for it to be added to the total regardless of whether or not the person actually has or had it.

Tell me, don't you find it at all suspicious that the sudden spike in cases coincides with these new looser standards where a guess is as good as a test?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Right... like I said, iit merely has to be suspected that a person maybe has or had the China flu for it to be added to the total regardless of whether or not the person actually has or had it.

Tell me, don't you find it at all suspicious that the sudden spike in cases coincides with these new looser standards where a guess is as good as a test?
            You just cant handle being wrong, you cant even seem to be able to acknowledge the truth if it implies you are wrong in any way. In this you match Donald Trump.

In my quote is the fact these additional diagnosis are based on evidence they died of covid. There are other diagnostic tools than the covid test itself, especially for deceased patients.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You just cant handle being wrong, you cant even seem to be able to acknowledge the truth if it implies you are wrong in any way. In this you match Donald Trump.

In my quote is the fact these additional diagnosis are based on evidence they died of covid. There are other diagnostic tools than the covid test itself, especially for deceased patients.
              Yep... it merely has to be suspected.

Comment

Yep... it merely has to be suspected.
                Nope

Comment

Nope
                  So you disagree with the new CDC guidelines?

Comment

So you disagree with the new CDC guidelines?
                    When did you stop beating your wife?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      It's all you deserved.
                      Compassion for the record fatalities and suffering for the second most deadly pandemic in recent history deserves honest answers.

Comment

oh. come on. The patient sneezed one week before going to the hospital. This is plenty of evidence of covid

Comment

Yes it does:

Any one who dies that tested positive for covid-19 are considered covid-19 deaths, even if they were in the hospital because they died from a heart attack. This is the type of undercounting that you are talking about? I think hospitals are trying to recoup money they lost while virtually forced to shutdown for several months.

Comment

When did you stop beating your wife?
                            You think asking if you disagree with the new CDC guidelines is a "gotcha" question?

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                              Any one who dies that tested positive for covid-19 are considered covid-19 deaths, even if they were in the hospital because they died from a heart attack. This is the type of undercounting that you are talking about? I think hospitals are trying to recoup money they lost while virtually forced to shutdown for several months.
                              ALL COVID-19 patiens die when their heart stops, and yes a heart attack. I see your compassion does not extend to the hundreds of thousands whose heart stopped when they had COVID-19.

It is clearly demonstrated that the COVID 19 patients cannot breath due to the infection and then their heart stops. In heart attack patients the heart stops, and then their lungs stop.
                              Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-18-2020, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                                ALL COVID-19 patiens die when their heart stops, and yes a heart attack. I see your compassion does not extend to the hundreds of thousands whose heart stopped when they had COVID-19.

It is clearly demonstrated that the COVID 19 patients cannot breath due to the infection and then their heart stops. In heart attack patients the heart stops, and then their lungs stop.
                                You are getting stupid now. That is not what I was talking about. I would expect your reading comprehension to be better than what is reflected in your response, even if I did not explicitly narrow this down to comorbidities in my description.

Hopefully the doctors can get people treated earlier with the hydrocholoroquine protocols or Pulmicort. Early treatment can make the symptoms go away overnight.
                                Last edited by mikewhitney; 07-19-2020, 01:21 AM.

Comment