Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"I thought this was a hoax, but it�s not"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Of course not, because it wasn't the answer you wanted.
    No, it's not good enough because you (or I) can excuse *anything* by calling someone a moron. It pretends that those in authority aren't responsible for the foreseeable consequences of their statements / behavior. It's [less than forthright] in the extreme to ignore that or pretend we don't hold those in authority to a *higher* standard than a "random Jane."

Comment

Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
      No, it's not good enough because you (or I) can excuse *anything* by calling someone a moron. It pretends that those in authority aren't responsible for the foreseeable consequences of their statements / behavior. It's [less than forthright] in the extreme to ignore that or pretend we don't hold those in authority to a *higher* standard than a "random Jane."
      Like I said, it wasn't the answer your wanted. You really want to blame somebody else for this guy's own poor decision.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Like I said, it wasn't the answer your wanted. You really want to blame somebody else for this guy's own poor decision.
        Interesting. How is what you're saying here consistent with the thread where we were dissecting Arbery's murder and you / CP / JPH wanted to explore "all angles"? Why wasn't it sufficient in that thread to simply blame the murderers and call it a day?

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          Interesting. How is what you're saying here consistent with the thread where we were dissecting Arbery's murder and you / CP / JPH wanted to explore "all angles"? Why wasn't it sufficient in that thread to simply blame the murderers and call it a day?
          I don't recall being in a thread with JPH. Especially on Arbery's death.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            What would you call somebody who had a fear of clowns with beards? (are there such?)
            the ICD codes would have to include two entries -- fear of clowns and fear of beards. By keeping the codes separate, the government can be billed twice as much

Comment

Ok, let's take Trump out of it. Why do you think this person thought COVID45 was a hoax?
              I say that COVID45 is a hoax.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                I say that COVID45 is a hoax.
                Mossrose liked your post but isn't able to answer my question. What a brave soul! :)

Comment

Mossrose liked your post but isn't able to answer my question. What a brave soul! :)
                  That's because MM answered it for me. No point in repeating it when you didn't get it the first time.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I think they're mocking your very juvenile way of referring to COVID by attaching Trump to it.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think they're mocking your very juvenile way of referring to COVID by attaching Trump to it.

He thought he was being sneaky after Mossy said to leave Trump out of it.

Comment

What would you call somebody who had a fear of clowns with beards? (are there such?)
                        A Bozophobe?

Comment

If you think there is any meaningful parallel betwee what is being discussed in this thread, and the Arbery case, then you're as big a moron as the guy who (allegedly) believed that the China flu was a hoax.

Comment

Yeah, I've wondered about the veracity of this story. I wonder if at some point during treatment that's what the patient said, but with his dying breath? Unlikely.
                            I've been trying to track it down, and so far we have one party telling what an unidentified man told an unidentified nurse.

Comment

If you think there is any meaningful parallel betwee what is being discussed in this thread, and the Arbery case, then you're as big a moron as the guy who (allegedly) believed that the China flu was a hoax.
                              I'm genuinely curious to know why you think there isn't at least a tenuous parallel between the two. Would you kindly enlighten me?

Comment

I'm genuinely curious to know why you think there isn't at least a tenuous parallel between the two. Would you kindly enlighten me?
                                Why should I care about what even you admit is a tenuous parallel?

Comment