Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump/Biden polls: significant new development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
    Fox News released a poll today, rated A- by FiveThirtyEight, which has Biden +8. Trump appeared on Fox News Sunday today, and he was not pleased with the poll. In Trump's words:

Trump also claimed that his campaign has internal polls showing him

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-im-not-losing
    He looked/sounded unhinged in that Fox interview...

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
      I'm watching the interview right now. I'm pleased that Chris Wallace isn't pulling any punches. They're still talking about coronavirus, I assume polling comes up later in the interview.
      "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
      "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

I'm pleased that Chris Wallace isn't pulling any punches.
        Yup. I give Wallace high marks for the interview in general.

Comment

Excellent interview. Even the Biden campaign liked it. According to Fox News, Biden's deputy campaign manager had the following to say about the interview:

"Trump lurched from smear to smear, all while being forcefully corrected on most, including the lie that Joe Biden wouldn't keep the American people safe and supports defunding the police - which has been fact checked into oblivion over the past month. At the very same time, new polling from The Washington Post and ABC News today showed that Joe Biden has a 9 point lead with voters when it comes to dealing with crime and safety. The Trump smears aren't working."

I'd really like to see Biden appear on the show and go through a similar grilling.

Comment

Excellent interview. Even the Biden campaign liked it. According to Fox News, Biden's deputy campaign manager had the following to say about the interview:

"Trump lurched from smear to smear, all while being forcefully corrected on most, including the lie that Joe Biden wouldn't keep the American people safe and supports defunding the police - which has been fact checked into oblivion over the past month. At the very same time, new polling from The Washington Post and ABC News today showed that Joe Biden has a 9 point lead with voters when it comes to dealing with crime and safety. The Trump smears aren't working."

I'd really like to see Biden appear on the show and go through a similar grilling.
            Absolutely!

Comment

The most interesting question and answer in the interview to me was when Trump was asked if he would accept the results of the election. He said he didn't know, he would, or in other words we would, have to wait and see. I think that if the election is close and he loses, he'll claim a rigged election and he'll have to be dragged out of there kickiing and screaming. He needs to be crushed, not just beaten.
              I'd be all for that, but I'd like to see Trump interviewed by say, Rachel Maddow or even conservative Joe Scarborough as well. I doubt that'll ever happen though.

Comment

I wonder how effective the Lincoln project has been. They make great ads.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  The most interesting question and answer in the interview to me was when Trump was asked if he would accept the results of the election. He said he didn't know, he would, or in other words we would, have to wait and see. I think that if the election is close and he loses, he'll claim a rigged election and he'll have to be dragged out of there kickiing and screaming. He needs to be crushed, not just beaten.
                  Yes, I've seen this as well and given that he's already laying the groundwork for claiming that the election was 'rigged' it is not surprising. I mean, if the result is not close he'll claim fraud and kick and scream and be a big cry baby, but he'll go in the end. It's if the election is close in a lot of swing states where the real trouble will begin. He'll kick his base into action and begin filing all sorts of lawsuits to try to intimidate those doing recounts and such, plus try to get the supreme court to force Biden to Concede Ala Bush/Gore.

I believe his usual apologists on here have claimed that'll never happen, and if the 'worst' happens and Trump does lose he'll of course leave peaceably and we're being daft for thinking otherwise. I need to find the thread where this was said so that if it does happen they can explain away why what they said a few months ago doesn't apply now.

I'll remind everyone that Trump disputed the election that he won!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    The most interesting question and answer in the interview to me was when Trump was asked if he would accept the results of the election...
                    I'd have to say that virtually the entire interview was interesting.

One particularly bizarre part of the interview was when Trump was bragging about his score on the mental acuity test he took. In response to Chris Wallace's claim that the questions weren't very hard, Trump said:

"The first few questions are easy. But I'll bet you couldn't even answer the last five questions. I bet you couldn't, they get very hard."

Below are the last five questions on the exam, which Trump claimed Wallace couldn't answer:

(1) What month is it?

(2) What year is it?

(3) What day of the week is it?

(4) What place are you in (i.e., the room, building, etc.)?

(5) What city are you in?

Comment

I'd have to say that virtually the entire interview was interesting.

One particularly bizarre part of the interview was when Trump was bragging about his score on the mental acuity test he took. In response to Chris Wallace's claim that the questions weren't very hard, Trump said:

"The first few questions are easy. But I'll bet you couldn't even answer the last five questions. I bet you couldn't, they get very hard."

Below are the last five questions on the exam, which Trump claimed Wallace couldn't answer:

(1) What month is it?

(2) What year is it?

(3) What day of the week is it?

(4) What place are you in (i.e., the room, building, etc.)?

(5) What city are you in?
                      There is going to be at least one genuinely-positive aspect to Trump's legacy:

He's going to have helped comedians stay employed and kept audiences laughing for decades...

Comment

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...orse-than-pigs

Biden campaign staffer mocked cops as worse than 'pigs,' called for defunding police

A supervising video producer for Joe Biden's presidential campaign tweeted a meme in June that urged people to stop calling the police "pigs" -- but only because unlike the police, pigs are "highly intelligent and empathetic animals who would never racially profile you."

The videographer, Sara Pearl, also retweeted a user's comment that while "pigs are sweet, intelligent and compassionate," police officers are "monsters" who "don't deserve to be called pigs."
                        On June 1, Pearl tweeted simply, "#DefundPolice." Days later, she said Buffalo's police department should be "defunded immediately."

The Biden campaign did not reply to Fox News' request for comment, although the campaign confirmed it received the request for comment. Fox News also reached out to Pearl for comment. Pearl did not reply, but she deleted all of these tweets shortly afterward.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...ed-from-police
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...orse-than-pigs

Biden campaign staffer mocked cops as worse than 'pigs,' called for defunding police

A supervising video producer for Joe Biden's presidential campaign tweeted a meme in June that urged people to stop calling the police "pigs" -- but only because unlike the police, pigs are "highly intelligent and empathetic animals who would never racially profile you."

The videographer, Sara Pearl, also retweeted a user's comment that while "pigs are sweet, intelligent and compassionate," police officers are "monsters" who "don't deserve to be called pigs."
                          On June 1, Pearl tweeted simply, "#DefundPolice." Days later, she said Buffalo's police department should be "defunded immediately."

The Biden campaign did not reply to Fox News' request for comment, although the campaign confirmed it received the request for comment. Fox News also reached out to Pearl for comment. Pearl did not reply, but she deleted all of these tweets shortly afterward.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...ed-from-police
                          Biden should take a vacation.

Comment

Biden should take a vacation.
                            Yeah, because it's not "defunding", it's "redirecting"
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              Yeah, because it's not "defunding", it's "redirecting"
                              That's what the slogan has meant ever since it was coined. Sure, some supporters literally want police departments to have their budgets cut completely, but they're the radical minority the right loves to focus on, instead of the progressive majority who only want some of the funding redirected to social programs.

It's not as easy to stir up fear and outrage over the actions of peaceful moderates :)
                              Last edited by Whateverman; 07-20-2020, 03:01 PM.

Comment

That's what the slogan has meant ever since it was coined.
                                When it was used back during the 60s by folks like Angela Davis and others they made it clear that they wanted the police completely defunded -- i.e., dismantled and disbanded.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment