Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

COVID deaths still declining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Perhaps some of you will recognize your folly and turn from it?
    This would be possible only if their folly was the product of a search for truth.

Instead, it's the product of tribalism, which they're committed to.

edit: I'm not criticizing your optimism, tho. Maybe there are a few fence-sitters...
    Last edited by Whateverman; 07-31-2020, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47247[/ATTACH]
      I have an off topic but interesting comment to make about the daily death count. The data clearly shows that there is a seven day cycle to deaths in the United States. Death statistics from Canada, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Sweden, and the UK show the exact same cycle, with deaths peaking on Wednesday and Thursday of each week.

Initially, I assumed this cycle was artificial and caused by weekend deaths not being reported until later in the week because of lower hospital staffing levels on weekends, but this explanation is incorrect.

The (apparent) real reason? On weekends "young people" who are unknowingly infected with the virus are visiting their older relatives (parents, grandparents). This results in more "old people" being infected on weekends. After a few weeks, there is a corresponding jump in deaths on Thursdays and Fridays among older patients.

The basic time line:

- old people are infected on Saturday and Sunday
      - they show symptoms 11 to 12 days later (Weds/Thurs/Fri)
      - deaths occur 14 days after symptoms first appear (Weds/Thurs/Fri)
      "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
      "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
        Have the current severe reduction of deaths finally convinced you that we are not having the problem of confirmed cases leading to 1% rates of deaths?
        Mikewhitney, you made the above comment on July 7. Interestingly, July 7 corresponds to the exact date when the death count stopped dropping and started rising again.

Using deaths each Tuesday as a measurement gives us:

733 deaths - June 30
        1,004 deaths - July 7
        952 deaths - July 14
        1,185 deaths - July 21
        1,330 deaths - July 28

So, Tuesday deaths are up approximately 80% over the past month.
        All evidence points to the number of deaths continuing to rise, possibly back up to a Tuesday US death count of greater than 2,000 people, as happened during the month of April.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
          I have an off topic but interesting comment to make about the daily death count. The data clearly shows that there is a seven day cycle to deaths in the United States. Death statistics from Canada, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Sweden, and the UK show the exact same cycle, with deaths peaking on Wednesday and Thursday of each week.

Initially, I assumed this cycle was artificial and caused by weekend deaths not being reported until later in the week because of lower hospital staffing levels on weekends, but this explanation is incorrect.

The (apparent) real reason? On weekends "young people" who are unknowingly infected with the virus are visiting their older relatives (parents, grandparents). This results in more "old people" being infected on weekends. After a few weeks, there is a corresponding jump in deaths on Thursdays and Fridays among older patients.

The basic time line:

Wow, this is sad & creepy & interesting, all at the same time...

Comment

The basic time line:

Or... your initial assumption may have been correct:

https://asm.org/Press-Releases/2020/...e-Caused-by-Da

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
              Or... your initial assumption may have been correct:

https://asm.org/Press-Releases/2020/...e-Caused-by-Da
              Below is a link to the paper that concluded the cycle is unrelated to reporting abnormalities. Guess we'll have to wait for the scientific process to run its course to determine which theory is correct.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...508v1.full.pdf

Comment

Below is a link to the paper that concluded the cycle is unrelated to reporting abnormalities. Guess we'll have to wait for the scientific process to run its course to determine which theory is correct.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...508v1.full.pdf
                From your (early May) link:

From the (July) link I provided above:

That seems pretty conclusive to me.
                Last edited by Stoic; 07-31-2020, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                  From your (early May) link:

From the (July) link I provided above:

That seems pretty conclusive to me.
                  The study I link to examined data from ten different countries. The study you link to examines data from only New York and LA.

Comment

• Wow. I leave this thread for awhile and the death wish takes over.

Comment

Wow. I leave this thread for awhile and the death wish takes over.
                      No death wish, but yes the casualties from COVID-19 which coldly and indifferently choose to ignore and deny that it is in reality a pandemic.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                        No death wish, but yes the casualties from COVID-19 which coldly and indifferently choose to ignore and deny that it is in reality a pandemic.
                        ah. you mean like denying Pulmicort and Hydroxychloroquine.

Enjoy!!!

Comment

ah. you mean like denying Pulmicort and Hydroxychloroquine.

Enjoy!!!

Comment

I'm sorry. Bad news. There is a site that lists the covid-19 studies done. Don't go there. You won't like it.
                            https://c19study.com/

Comment

I'm sorry. Bad news. There is a site that lists the covid-19 studies done. Don't go there. You won't like it.

Comment

You keep repeating yourself. However, this time seems to be due to the current website issues.

Comment