Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Anarchists of Today Same as Boston Tea Party Actors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    and they didn't loot the ships and steal the tea for themselves.
    And how do you know that?

Comment

If the protestors want to claim to be just like our Revolutionary fighters, then they better be ready to face armed troops like our founding fathers did. None of this whiny 'defund the police' crap while looting and burning down businesses then crying when the police shoot them with tear gas and rubber bullets. If they want to rebell, then they should be prepared to be treated like an actual insurrection and treated as traitors and enemies of the state.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        History, JimL, History.

Comment

You were touting it yourself, Jim, until it became obvious it's not the same as the anarchists you defend.

You don't recall this nutty attempt at equating the two?

Doesn't change the fact that it was a violent protest against what the colonist thought to be wrong. Throwing tea into the sea, toppling statues of racist traitors.
          Now, you're trying to say they were NOT just "throwing tea into the sea"?

Sheeeeesh
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            History, JimL, History.
            Oh, so you think nobody took some tea home with them because history doesn't asccount for that? I'll bet they all took home enough tea to last them for years.

Comment

Oh, so you think nobody took some tea home with them because history doesn't asccount for that? I'll bet they all took home enough tea to last them for years.
              wow

The things you must invent to try to salvage your ... um... "reputation".

Doesn't change the fact that it was a violent protest against what the colonist thought to be wrong. Throwing tea into the sea...
              Jim, do you imagine this tea was in individually boxed packages for supermarket shelves?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                You were touting it yourself, Jim, until it became obvious it's not the same as the anarchists you defend.

You don't recall this nutty attempt at equating the two?

Now, you're trying to say they were NOT just "throwing tea into the sea"?

Sheeeeesh
                You have this problem of reading into things what you want them to say, CP. Saying they tossed the tea into the sea, which they did, doesn't mean that they didn't take as much of it as they could carry home as well. Who knows? You don't know anymore than I or anyone else does. My guess is that most likely, they took home what they could.

Comment

What Happened at the Boston Tea Party?

Obviously I'm not besmirching either of them.
                  You're defending the anarchists as "statue topplers" and now besmirching the Tea Party actors as thieves.

Comment

You have this problem of reading into things what you want them to say, CP. Saying they tossed the tea into the sea, which they did, doesn't mean that they didn't take as much of it as they could carry home as well. Who knows? You don't know anymore than I or anyone else does. My guess is that most likely, they took home what they could.
                    Already answered.

You're a riot. Defending your anarchist buddies while casting aspersion on the Tea Party actors.

Comment

What Happened at the Boston Tea Party?

You're defending the anarchists as "statue topplers" and now besmirching the Tea Party actors as thieves.
                      Oh, no!

The first incident of cultural appropriation in the Colonies!

K, I'm going now..

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

It was in large crates. They didn't have time to go shopping.

Comment

I defend the peaceful protests without reservation. I condemn the looting and burning and chaos and mayhem associated with those protests that get out of control, including the destruction of public property that you love to call "the toppling of statutes", which shows your support for chaos and mayhem.
                          Same here. I'm a big time supporter of free speech and actually understand that popular speech doesn't need protecting. It's the things that offend and make folks uncomfortable that need protecting. At one time, not all that long ago, the left understood that as well but have now utterly abandoned it.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." --Evelyn Beatrice Hall in her The Friends of Voltaire

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Wrong subject rogue, try to stay focused.
                            Avoidance and inability to answer duly noted

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment