Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I appreciate that. I do. But you tend to rush to lumping all "opponents" together in the same category with your worst enemies.
    When you encourage MM I lump you in with him. I don't see the problem with that.

ETA: Oh... and my dear Mother now in Heaven used to say "Be kind to your enemies -- YOU MADE THEM".
    I appreciate the saying but it's inaccurate in this regard.

This is a discussion board, where debate happens, and things often get heated. They express opinions, and so do you. Quite honestly, I think some of your 'opinions' and statements are worthy of Aunt Betty down in the basement.
    Perhaps some incindental things I've said but the vast majority of what I say on here represents the main stream of America. It's only those who fell out of the Overton Window who believe that I represent any sort of extreme belief.

Then, perhaps this medium is not good for you, and you need to be elsewhere?
    As I've already said multiple times, at this point I'm just here for the spectacle. In the coming months if not weeks the rightness or wrongness of virtually everything I've said on here will be proven. Then we can see where we're at.

I get along fine with anybody who even TRIES to be civil. I don't tolerate people who are constantly accusing others of dishonesty (you and JimL excel at that) without just cause. I think that's dishonest in and of itself, and quite cowardly, besides.
    That's fine. I consider it dishonest to speak ambiguously then dispute reasonable interpretations of those ambiguous statements. I consider it dishonest when MM posts utter trash which he is certainly smart enough to know doesn't hold water but hides behind it nonetheless. You don't classify things the same way I do. That's fine. I speak unambiguously on here and clarify my position when asked (with one particular exception where I was more vague than usual and you really didn't like that very much... hmm....)

Every once in a while, I have to remind certain posters that I'm not their enemy - I just get lumped in with whoever hurt their feelings recently.

I DO think, however, that when we're "squeezed", we show the "true us".
    That's fine. I stand by everything I've written in un-deleted posts. We will find out in a few weeks whether I am more wrong about what I've written on this board than I've ever been wrong before by orders of magnitude or not. I'm not worried.

Comment

Ummmm....... you're taken in by this latest "Russian Hoax" --- remember... "with medium confidence" and "falling short of near certainty". In other words - 'back to the drawing board'.

But you've swallowed this hook, line and sinker.
      See, I know you're smart enough to understand that "medium confidence" is quite significant in the field of intelligence. I know you're not taken in by MM's spin. Yet you're talking like you are. I don't consider that being forthright with someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        When you encourage MM I lump you in with him. I don't see the problem with that.
        Ah, guilt by association! What can I say, I LIKE them, and, for the most part, agree with the spirit of what they say.

Perhaps some incindental things I've said but the vast majority of what I say on here represents the main stream of America.
        Ya know, every once in a while, I can't tell if you're trying to be a parody of....

That's fine. I stand by everything I've written in un-deleted posts. We will find out in a few weeks whether I am more wrong about what I've written on this board than I've ever been wrong before by orders of magnitude or not. I'm not worried.
        I have NO IDEA what that means, but, OK!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

See, I know you're smart enough to understand
          I don't think you understand how smart I am! It HURTS to be this smart! Scuse me, I gotta go take a couple of extra strength Excedrins....

that "medium confidence" is quite significant in the field of intelligence.
          I've been in the business. Granted, it was AGES ago, but the principles remain the same.

I know you're not taken in by MM's spin.
          He can get "out there", but he's generally pretty reliable.

Yet you're talking like you are.
          Because I really are? Or cause I know it pushes your buttons.

I don't consider that being forthright with someone.
          That's cause your head isn't screwed on straight.

DO -- I don't take you seriously -- -you're a CLASSIC example of an extreme left wing nutter. But, hey--- I still put up with you!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Ah, guilt by association! What can I say, I LIKE them, and, for the most part, agree with the spirit of what they say.
            Yes, guilt by association seems entirely appropriate in this context. If you don't like being associated with MM's absurd beliefs then don't indicate you agree with them.

I feel like I'm just repeating myself at this point but there is a specific reason I was hesitant to call you an RWNJ unlike everyone else. That reason is because the things you *explicitly* said didn't reach that level but plenty which you *implicitly* agreed with did.

Ya know, every once in a while, I can't tell if you're trying to be a parody of....
            Name three things I have wholeheartedly supported which you think are clearly outside the mainstream at this point. I doubt you can even name one.

I have NO IDEA what that means, but, OK!
            Don't worry, I'll remind you.

Comment

I feel like I'm just repeating myself at this point but there is a specific reason I was hesitant to call you an RWNJ unlike everyone else.

Why not! That's what angry bitter mean-spirited leftist doom-and-gloom nutters do!

Comment

He can get "out there", but he's generally pretty reliable.
                He's half a step removed from a Qanon true believer. If you can't see then...

Because I really are? Or cause I know it pushes your buttons.
                You're allowed to push my buttons. Just don't get indignant when I take you at your word about what you believe.

Comment

Why not! That's what angry bitter mean-spirited leftist doom-and-gloom nutters do!
                  Because I want to be fair and accurate. Because I want to believe that at least *you* are reasonable and not crazy like the rest. Is that not a good reason?

Comment

You're allowed to push my buttons. Just don't get indignant when I take you at your word about what you believe.
                    Same response as my prior.

Comment

• So, we're back to.....

We seem to be in a never-ending war, which I did not favor. (I was in favor of the first Gulf War, and that was it)

We have also been in proxy wars with Russia / Soviet Union for decades.

It's possible that Russia (or somebody therein) offered bounties to Taliban fighters who were already engaged in killing Americans.

Our troops are not stupid, the commanders are constantly doing threat assessments, and we have the finest military on the face of the planet. (Sorry, Israel)

Even if Trump were advised that Russia was incentivizing the Taliban to kill our troops --- we didn't already know that the Taliban hated us and wanted our troops (and civilians) dead?

Comment

Even if Trump were advised that Russia was incentivizing the Taliban to kill our troops --- we didn't already know that the Taliban hated us and wanted our troops (and civilians) dead?
                        1) Trump has rewarded Russia in multiple ways after intelligence on the bounties was made available to him.
                        2) Trump has continued to take no action against Russia after the intelligence was deemed credible enough to share with our NATO allies but instead further rewarded them by pulling troops from Germany.

Those are two scandals of horrific proportions based on facts which are agreed upon by this point.

Comment

1) Trump has rewarded Russia in multiple ways after intelligence on the bounties was made available to him.
                          2) Trump has continued to take no action against Russia after the intelligence was deemed credible enough to share with our NATO allies but instead further rewarded them by pulling troops from Germany.

Those are two scandals of horrific proportions based on facts which are agreed upon by this point.
                          DO, buddy, calling something a scandal doesn't make it a scandal. Horrific proportions or not. You are expressing opinions, and very biased ones at that.

Comment

DO, buddy, calling something a scandal doesn't make it a scandal. Horrific proportions or not. You are expressing opinions, and very biased ones at that.
                            What word do you think better describes the situation then? Are you really telling me you don't consider either of my two points as "an action or event regarded as morally or legally wrong and causing general public outrage"?

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                              (though MM / LPoE gets the prize for helping me in that direction the most).
                              Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                              Have you read the kind of trash that MM / LPoE / "Sparko" et al. post?
                              People who post the kind of trash MM posts...
                              When you encourage MM I lump you in with him.
                              I know you're not taken in by MM's spin.
                              If you don't like being associated with MM's absurd beliefs...
                              Talk about living rent-free in someone's head!
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

What word do you think better describes the situation then?
                                With you, it's been an obsession.

Are you really telling me you don't consider either of my two points as "an action or event regarded as morally or legally wrong and causing general public outrage"?
                                Unconstitutionally vague, so, no. All you're doing is ranting. I've provided a list earlier of all kinds of action Trump has taken against Russia.

Comment