Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Muhammad Ali�s son says dad would have hated �racist� Black Lives Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Muhammad Ali never even mentioned 'Black Lives Matter.' Actually I do not think that his son said he was quoting his father. He said anecdotally it was what his father would have believed.
    No, shuny. His son was very clear that his father would have said that BLM was racist. You can read the article that CP has posted twice, now.

And I was talking about Jim's accusation of CP lying but not Ali's son but in the next breath he implied that Ali's son is lying.

As I said, you all need to get your accusations of lying straight. And maybe your ideologies, too.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
      Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      That seems to be the liberal way: "If you aren't on our side, you ain't black"
      Christians are intimately familiar with this tactic. Republicans, too.
      That doesn't even make sense. Christianity isn't a race
      True, but it's a group familiar with excluding current members from their stated identity based on opinions/ideas those members hold.

RINOs and ChrINOs (although "false Christian" is a more familiar term applied to the latter).

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Wow, maybe you guys all have problems with reading comprehension. Maybe that explains it.

When you contradict yourself within the space of two posts as you did, Jim, then the reading (and thinking) issues are with you, not me.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

So, two questions.....

A) What statements attributed to Ali's life are not consistent with how he lived his life?
          2) What does Ali's son gain by LYING about what his father believed, or would think?

Because black men are liars? Black men are dishonest?

You guys are really stuck here!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This is actually pretty amusing.

Those of us who are falsely accused of being racist are defending two BLACK MEN who are being attacked by those who call us racist.

It don't get no dumber than that.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So, let's take a minute to walk through the things Ali's son said, and see how consistent they are with the way Ali actually lived his life....

The legendary boxer and activist stood up against racism throughout his life, but Muhammad Ali Jr. says his dad would have been sickened by how the protests have turned to violence and looting after the death of George Floyd.
              Absolutely consistent with the life Ali lived.Absolutely consistent with the life Ali lived.Absolutely consistent with the life Ali livedTHIS one seems to be the sticking point, but in context with the life Ali lived, makes total sense.Absolutely consistent with the life Ali lived.

On police brutality, Ali defended law enforcement in general.
              Absolutely consistent with the life Ali lived.Absolutely consistent with the life Ali lived.

So, those who attack his son as being a "clueless dope" or lying TOTALLY MISREPRESENTING his father, how do you defend your nutty attacks on this black man?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                No, shuny. His son was very clear that his father would have said that BLM was racist. You can read the article that CP has posted twice, now.

And I was talking about Jim's accusation of CP lying but not Ali's son but in the next breath he implied that Ali's son is lying.

As I said, you all need to get your accusations of lying straight. And maybe your ideologies, too.
                Bold 'Would' confirms what I said. He did not claim to quote Muhammad Ali.

Elementary school English.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  So, let's take a minute to walk through the things Ali's son said, and see how consistent they are with the way Ali actually lived his life....

The legendary boxer and activist stood up against racism throughout his life, but Muhammad Ali Jr. says his dad would have been sickened by how the protests have turned to violence and looting after the death of George Floyd.
                  Absolutely consistent with the life Ali lived.Absolutely consistent with the life Ali lived.Absolutely consistent with the life Ali livedTHIS one seems to be the sticking point, but in context with the life Ali lived, makes total sense.Absolutely consistent with the life Ali lived.

On police brutality, Ali defended law enforcement in general.
                  Absolutely consistent with the life Ali lived.Absolutely consistent with the life Ali lived.

So, those who attack his son as being a "clueless dope" or lying TOTALLY MISREPRESENTING his father, how do you defend your nutty attacks on this black man?
                  Muhaamod Ali never mentioned BLM in his life.

Comment

Bold 'Would' confirms what I said. He did not claim to quote Muhammad Ali.
                    He didn't HAVE to claim "this is a direct quote". It was an interview in which he was portraying his father's attitude toward life in general.

Elementary school English.
                    Yes, when I say "on his deathbed, my dad's last words were asking for ice cream".

I don't have to say "My father, on his deathbed, said, and I quote, 'I want ice cream*'".

Advanced English.

*those were, in truth, his last words on this planet.

Comment

Muhaamod Ali never mentioned BLM in his life.
                      There is no way for you to know that. It's just DUMB to claim that.

Extremely basic logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                        True, but it's a group familiar with excluding current members from their stated identity based on opinions/ideas those members hold.

RINOs and ChrINOs (although "false Christian" is a more familiar term applied to the latter).
                        orthodox (small o) Christianity has a set of core doctrines that if you don't hold to them, then you aren't a Christian. Like the Trinity. That has nothing to do with excluding people it is just logical. You might go around calling yourself a car and live in a garage, but unless you have 4 wheels, an engine and carry passengers around you are just a nut.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                          Probably Ali was not, and his son is not, really black enough for the libtards.

Comment

I was fully aware of that when I started the thread. Ali, having converted to Islam, became very much an advocate of peace.

People change. You must have "forgotten" that.

Comment

I can quote stuff, too, without a link to support it.

"whag is a big poopiehead who just likes to stick his nose into a thread, fire off some comment he thinks is humorous and then disappears for a while, having nothing really intelligent to add to the discussion at hand."

--mossrose to her husband just now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                I have to admit, I'm a little surprised.

When I started the thread, I fully expected some of the lefties might say something like, "well, he's entitled to his opinion" or "his father is entitled to his opinion"......

I considered the possibility that some might actually attack the son, but never in my wildest imagination did I think the lefties would call his son a liar or a "clueless dope".

Comment