Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden never pressured Poroshenko about Burisma investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden never pressured Poroshenko about Burisma investigation

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...burisma-331779

Since RWNJ media is more trustworthy than the MSM I await them admitting their error. I am very patient and anticipate waiting a long, long time.

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post

Former Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko denied Sunday that former Vice President Joe Biden ever approached him about Burisma Holdings, a gas company of which Biden’s son Hunter was a board member.

“My absolutely clear answer: no, never,” Poroshenko told CNN’s Fareed Zakaria on “Fareed Zakaria GPS.” “But I also cannot accept that, neither President Obama nor President Biden — Vice President Biden, nor President Trump, nor Vice President Pence never press[ed] me.”

Since RWNJ media is more trustworthy than the MSM I await them admitting their error. I am very patient and anticipate waiting a long, long time.
    Their only argument is that Biden, apparently, they believe, of his own accord, pressured them into firing the General Prosecutor, Shokin, which, upon orders from the President, he did do, along with the entire democratic west including the IMF. And then the Trump, John Soloman, Giuliani scheme was hatched against Biden, a scheme that meant to tie the U.S. demand that he was sent to deliver to Burisma and his son Hunter. If conservatives actually wanted Ukrainian corruption looked into, they would have welcomed Shokins firing, but it was never about that for them, it was simply a corrupt scheme to smear Trumps probable opponent in the election. Trump should have been impeached, but Republicans are more concerned with holding on to their own power than they are concerned about the best interests of their country. That goes for their constituency as well, at least those of them that are smart enough to know better.

Comment

Dude, Biden is on camera boasting about how he strong-armed the Ukrainian government into firing the prosecutor who was hot on Burisma's case!

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Dude, Biden is on camera boasting about how he strong-armed the Ukrainian government into firing the prosecutor who was hot on Burisma's case!

Really MM. Does Biden mention Burisma. Shokin was all around corrupt and it was the point of the west, including the U.S. to root out the corruption. Shokin wasn't hot on the trail of anyone. You're just an easy mark, I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Their only argument is that Biden, apparently, they believe, of his own accord, pressured them into firing the General Prosecutor, Shokin, which, upon orders from the President, he did do, along with the entire democratic west including the IMF......
          You use WAY too many commas and sentence fragments. That's MY job!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            Really MM. Does Biden mention Burisma. Shokin was all around corrupt and it was the point of the west, including the U.S. to root out the corruption. Shokin wasn't hot on the trail of anyone. You're just an easy mark, I'm afraid.
            Right, it's just a big ol' coincidence that Quid Pro Joe pulled his little stunt after Shokin had raided the home and offices of former Burisma president, had named the board of directors -- including Hunter -- as targets of the investigation, and Hunter had contacted Obama's state department asking them with help getting the big bad prosecutor off their back.

And if you believe that, you might be interested in this little bridge in Brooklyn that I have for sale. Special price, just because I like ya!
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So NOW you believe the Ukrainian President? Why didn't you all believe him when Trump was being impeached?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                So NOW you believe the Ukrainian President? Why didn't you all believe him when Trump was being impeached?
                We did believe him, because he never said anything to the contrary. Biden pressured Poreshenko to get rid of Shokin because he wasn't investigating corruption not because he was investigating corruption. In other words Shokin was corrupt himself and so had to go so that the systemic corruption in Ukraine could be rooted out before the west would tender financial aide to Ukraine. Poroshenko never said that Biden pressured him to get rid of Shokin so that he would stop looking into Burisma. That idea came from Trump and his corrupt minions in order to smear Biden, his probable political opponent in the upcoming election.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post

More accurately, but less harmful to Trump, "Ukranian President denies that any American politician ever pressured him about Burisma Holdings"
                  ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

We did believe him, because he never said anything to the contrary. Biden pressured Poreshenko to get rid of Shokin because he wasn't investigating corruption not because he was investigating corruption. In other words Shokin was corrupt himself and so had to go so that the systemic corruption in Ukraine could be rooted out before the west would tender financial aide to Ukraine. Poroshenko never said that Biden pressured him to get rid of Shokin so that he would stop looking into Burisma. That idea came from Trump and his corrupt minions in order to smear Biden, his probable political opponent in the upcoming election.
                    Hunter Biden is a very experienced, well qualified international business consultant with drug and ladyfriend weaknesses, who just happened to get several lucrative executive positions, through no fault of his father.
                    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                      Hunter Biden is a very experienced, well qualified international business consultant with drug and ladyfriend weaknesses, who just happened to get several lucrative executive positions, through no fault of his father.
                      Nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                        Irrelevant and not in any way responsive to anything I posted.

Comment

JimL, the Ukrainian president said Trump never pressured him or blackmailed him into investigating Biden, and you and all the other liberals said he was afraid to tell the truth and was lying. Yet now, you believe him. It's nothing but confirmation bias.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            JimL, the Ukrainian president said Trump never pressured him or blackmailed him into investigating Biden, and you and all the other liberals said he was afraid to tell the truth and was lying. Yet now, you believe him. It's nothing but confirmation bias.
                            Poroshenlo said that he was never pressured by Trump or his peronal Attorney Giuliani, but you forget that Giuliani outright admitted that he pressured Ukraine, and that his partners in crime, Lev Parnas and Igor fruman admitted to meeting with Poroshenko for just that purpose.

Comment

Poroshenlo said that he was never pressured by Trump or his peronal Attorney Giuliani, but you forget that Giuliani outright admitted that he pressured Ukraine, and that his partners in crime, Lev Parnas and Igor fruman admitted to meeting with Poroshenko for just that purpose.
                              So you are saying he was lying. But now you believe him?

Comment