Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"Abortion is murder"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    My argument was not about brain developement, it was about the absence of brain activity which, if I remember correctly, doesn't begin until about 24-25 weeks in.
    Brain waves start pretty early. I'd really like you to provide an actual medical source that claims there is no brain activity until then. 22 week micro preemies have working brains. They don't work very well yet, but they can still react to stimuli.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

If that's what he was asking then it's not stupid stuff, disrupter.

I actually answered the question way early on....

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Lest somebody go all nuts and accuse me of avoiding the questions....

Many times it's a desperate girl in a desperate situation who has been led (or taken) to a "clinic" to deal with her "problem".
      The "experts" give her the guidance she "needs", and "protect" her from the notion that she may be doing anything immoral.
      She is advised it's "just tissue", and she is most likely NOT shown any sonogram or any sign that it's a human life, and the whole con is to convince her she is NOT "taking a human life".

How SHAMEFUL is it to imply, then, that she should be considered complicit in a "murder" when she was convinced it was "just tissue"?

So, no, it's not an automatic "she hired the murderer" scenario at all.

This really is one of the sorriest approaches to mocking the pro-life position, but it's not the first time I've seen it.
      All you've done is spew stupid stuff.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If that's what he was asking then it's not stupid stuff, disrupter.
        Is that why you keep ignoring my challenges for you to back up your stupid claims, Jim, because you got yer widdle feewins huwt and now you're acting out even more?

You do that -- you make a unfounded accusation, and when called on it, you run away like a little coward, only to come back later meaner than before.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          No, it turned out exactly as I'd hoped.
          So, let's pretend for a moment that you're an honest broker.

What, exactly, was your intent, and what is the outcome for which you had hoped?

Let's see if you're capable of giving a straight-forward honest answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            So, let's pretend for a moment that you're an honest broker.
            Poisoning the well.

What, exactly, was your intent, and what is the outcome for which you had hoped?

Let's see if you're capable of giving a straight-forward honest answer.
            I wanted to know that I wouldn't be punished for accurately describing someone as a babykiller if I choose to do so at a future time.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb
              Poisoning the well.
              I don't believe you have been forthright in this thread.

I want the freedom to call Dee Dee Warren a babykiller.
              Wow. You know you could have done that without trickery and deceit, yes?

And you might clue in your buddy, JimL, cause you fooled him, too.

Comment

I don't believe you have been forthright in this thread.
                Quote me. I have been 100% honest.

Wow. You know you could have done that without trickery and deceit, yes?
                Quote me.

Comment

I wanted to know that I wouldn't be punished for accurately describing someone as a babykiller if I choose to do so at a future time.
                  Ah, changed it up, did ya? So, now you want to hide the fact that this is a grudge you have with Dee Dee Warren!

Comment

Ah, changed it up, did ya? So, now you want to hide the fact that this is a grudge you have with Dee Dee Warren!
                    Why does he think she is a baby killer?
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Yes, I changed it.

So what? How does that impact anything that I've said in this thread?

Comment

Quote me. I have been 100% honest.
                        Actually, I did, and in the meantime, after I snagged the quote, you appear to have tried to hide the fact that this was all about Dee Dee Warren (by deleting that post), whom I've never met, and for whom I have no admiration or defense.

Comment

Actually, I did, and in the meantime, after I snagged the quote, you appear to have tried to hide the fact that this was all about Dee Dee Warren, whom I've never met, and for whom I have no admiration or defense.
                          How is that dishonest?

Quote a lie or a material misstatement I've made.

Comment

How is that dishonest?

Quote a lie or a material misstatement I've made.
                            I never said you lied - I had asked you numerous times what the object of this exercise was, and you concealed the fact that this appears to be a grudge thread against Dee Dee Warren.
                            Then you deleted that post - I'd assume because it would be obvious that's what this was.

Comment

I never said you lied - I had asked you numerous times what the object of this exercise was, and you concealed the fact that this appears to be a grudge thread against Dee Dee Warren.
                              Then you deleted that post - I'd assume because it would be obvious that's what this was.
                              No, I honestly stated that I wanted to know whether that term was accurate to use or not. That is 100% the truth. When I asked you directly multiple times whether it was accurate if you had said "No, it isn't accurate" that would have been the end of the thread.

Comment

No, I honestly stated that I wanted to know whether that term was accurate to use or not. That is 100% the truth. When I asked you directly multiple times whether it was accurate if you had said "No, it isn't accurate" that would have been the end of the thread.
                                All the time, your intent was to smear Dee Dee?

And my answering you ver batim to what you want me to answer "would have been the end of the thread"? That's NUTS.

I was 100% honest throughout with no hidden agenda. You, apparently, were using this for your own concealed purpose.

I stand by my answers.

Comment