Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"Abortion is murder"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    You didn't look did you. Women are CELEBRATING their abortions.

On top of that, there was also some teenage twit on TikTok who decided to film her visit to a gynecologist and make it look like- via text subtitles- she was getting an Abortion procedure done... Which is sick no matter how you look at it.
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Eh, my point is that brain death is irreversible loss of function. A human embryo will eventually have a fully functioning brain. Though, I wonder if some people have one yet!
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post

That article made it clear those movements were SPINAL REFLEXES. Hardly cognitive functions. And that's an awfully tiny group they studied. Try again.
        So, I will repost CBW's false claim

Brain dead people don't move.
        No qualifications about spinal reflexes. No requirements for cognitive function. And her pathetic backpedaling amounted to everything I expected and more until you came along to pull her ovaries out of the fire.

I'm not a doctor and *I* knew what she said was false after the case of that woman Jeb raped.
        Last edited by DivineOb; 06-17-2020, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          You mean embryo? Because there is brain activity in the fetus. Granted, it is still imatture, but it's the same as a newborn at 32 weeks.
          Heart activity begins fairly early, can't remember off hand exactly, I believe it's around week 5, brain activity doesn't begin until around week 25.

Comment

• I thought brain dead people didn't move? Because the brain is well, dead? And poele in comas don't tend to move when stimulated?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Heart activity begins fairly early, can't remember off hand exactly, I believe it's around week 5, brain activity doesn't begin until around week 25.
              Source? Because this 23 week preemie seems to have a working brain.

All I found was that the brain activates the auditory and visual centers then. Which would make micropreemies like newborn pups that can't see or hear. Except I've also heard 20 week old fetuses can hear, so? Anyway, eventually that little fetus will grow up into an adult if nothing bad happens to them. So, it's still wrong to take their future away from them. Even if they have no clue about it yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                I thought brain dead people didn't move? Because the brain is well, dead? And poele in comas don't tend to move when stimulated?
                The spine is controlled by the cerebellum part of the brain. That part doesn't do any cognitive function - it coordinates movement of muscles etc. The cerebrum, the main part of the brain, can do large movements of the limbs but it's the spinal part in conjunction with the cerebellum that controls finer movements like the fingers and hands, as well as the involuntary movements like the heart and intestines.
                Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                  So, I will repost CBW's false claim

No qualifications about spinal reflexes. No requirements for cognitive function. And her pathetic backpedaling amounted to everything I expected and more until you came along to pull her ovaries out of the fire.

I'm not a doctor and *I* knew what she said was false after the case of that woman Jeb raped.
                  I'm going to have to read this over again. But I have to say that is STILL an awfully small study.

Comment

You are reading into it, seeing what you want to see. They are celebrating the "10th annual" right to abortion that women fought for and won, not bragging about having had one.
                    BHWAHAHAHAHA....that woman in the top sure looked happy about her abortion.

Comment

You should really try to be more civil and less hypocritical, CP.
                      Still waiting for this, Jim. Show me where I have been hypocritical.

MEANWHILE, I'll be thrilled to death to be more civil to you if you SSSS.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                        There would have been no point, and it would have been needlessly cruel - even if true.

A mother calling the growing life in her belly a baby is expressing hope/enthusiasm. Anyone who feels the need to lecture her about the correct terminology needs to be slapped. And yet the fact that mothers do this without being corrected gives some people the false impression that zygotes and fetuses are both babies.

The former never is, and there's some point at which calling an early term fetus a baby is inaccurate.

Some pet owners treat their pets as people, and no one feels the need to lecture them, because everyone recognizes what's going on...
                        What a joke! Respected medical institutions call it a baby.

https://www.healthline.com/health/pr...care#pregnancy
                        https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...s/hlv-20049471
                        https://www.womenshealth.gov/a-z-topics/prenatal-care
                        https://www.uhhospitals.org/services...hing-hospitals
                        https://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/you...ek-weeks-1-4#1

Why? Because baby isn't a term for any stage of human growth and development. It refers to all of them.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          I spot checked the first three of those and none of them back up your claim ODB. Which one do you think makes your case the strongest?

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                            I spot checked the first three of those and none of them back up your claim ODB. Which one do you think makes your case the strongest?
                            ALL call the unborn a "baby". If you "spot checked" them, you'd have seen that. Are you claiming that it isn't there? Do you need screen shots?
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              ALL call the unborn a "baby". If you "spot checked" them, you'd have seen that. Are you claiming that it isn't there? Do you need screen shots?
                              Whateverman said this

The former never is, and there's some point at which calling an early term fetus a baby is inaccurate.
                              And you replied as if your links were relevant.

Comment

• For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Oh, but it'sonly a baby if it'swanted. If it is inconvenient, then it magically turns into an undifferentiated clump of cells. Thus every unwanted pregnancy must be a molar pregnancy.

Comment