Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Who knows? Now that violence has taken root, I think a lot of them have their eyes opened and will avoid the area and be glad to move on. The summer of love bubble has burst.
    I was kinda hoping this would last til closer to election time.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I was kinda hoping this would last til closer to election time.
      Don't worry, this is not going to end. They tried to set up an autonomous zone in Lafayette Park last night...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ite-House.html
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Seattle mayor says authorities will shut down the cop-free autonomous zone

Seattle's mayor on Monday announced that authorities would take back control of an area near the city's capitol after a spate of violence over the weekend.

The area had been declared a cop-free "autonomous zone" by protesters and attracted nationwide attention, including condemnation from President Donald Trump.

"The cumulative impacts of the gatherings and protests and the night-time atmosphere and violence has led to increasingly difficult circumstances for our businesses and residents," Mayor Jenny Durkan said Monday.

"The impacts have increased and the safety has decreased."

She said she would work with protesters to reintroduce a police presence in the area of the city, about four blocks, that has been dubbed by protesters the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone, among other names.

Protesters demonstrating against the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis seized control of the area in early June, declaring it free of police control, after a series of clashes with the city's law enforcement.

But a series of shootings in the area over the weekend added urgency to calls for the police to reestablish a presence in the area.

This may prove to be quite interesting.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Seattle mayor says authorities will shut down the cop-free autonomous zone

Seattle's mayor on Monday announced that authorities would take back control of an area near the city's capitol after a spate of violence over the weekend.

The area had been declared a cop-free "autonomous zone" by protesters and attracted nationwide attention, including condemnation from President Donald Trump.

"The cumulative impacts of the gatherings and protests and the night-time atmosphere and violence has led to increasingly difficult circumstances for our businesses and residents," Mayor Jenny Durkan said Monday.

"The impacts have increased and the safety has decreased."

She said she would work with protesters to reintroduce a police presence in the area of the city, about four blocks, that has been dubbed by protesters the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone, among other names.

Protesters demonstrating against the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis seized control of the area in early June, declaring it free of police control, after a series of clashes with the city's law enforcement.

But a series of shootings in the area over the weekend added urgency to calls for the police to reestablish a presence in the area.

This may prove to be quite interesting.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post753588

Comment

• YOUR post came from Fox News, so it can't POSSIBLY be true. My post is truerererer.

Comment

YOUR post came from Fox News, so it can't POSSIBLY be true. My post is truerererer.
              I will leave it up to whateverman.

Comment

I will leave it up to whateverman.
                (I heard he has a bee in his bonnet)

Comment

(I heard he has a bee in his bonnet)
                  I hope it isn't a murder hornet!

Comment

I hope it isn't a murder hornet!
                    Bring 'em!!!

Jalapeno_Poppers_Have_A_Bite_To_Em.jpg

Comment

• The mayor betrayed the people of Seattle who expected safety from her adminstration. She's gonna feel that at the next election.

I have relatives and friends up in that area.
                      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                        The mayor betrayed the people of Seattle who expected safety from her adminstration. She's gonna feel that at the next election.
                        I hope so. And the news media had given the impression that nearby neighbors were supportive of this anarchy, but they (the neighbors) seem anxious for all this to go away.

So, now the Police Chief, who was severely undermined by this nutcase mayor, is going to have to move in with a "durned if I do, durned if I don't" outcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                          Same here. They live in the suburbs and refuse to go into Seattle at all now. If that sentiment is widespread enough, there goes the tax revenues.

Comment

Bring 'em!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45943[/ATTACH]
                            They do similar things to those 17 year locusts around here. Grill them up.

Comment

I hope so. And the news media had given the impression that nearby neighbors were supportive of this anarchy, but they (the neighbors) seem anxious for all this to go away.
                              The likelihood is high that while some of the nearby neighbors were legitimately supportive, most were simply willing to act supportive so that nothing bad happened to their property (vandalized, looted or even burned down) or even themselves.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

They do similar things to those 17 year locusts around here. Grill them up.

Matthew 3:4, though it doesn't exactly imply it was a delicacy

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment