Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    I wouldn't regard Fox News as truthful enough to classify as 'mainstream'. They are alternative in the sense of 'alternative facts'.
    I've gotta disagree. Whether a media outlet reports the news accurately or not has nothing to do with how popular they are (re. mainstream).

Breitbart was mainstream for a while, but now they've faded back into obscurity...

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
      I've gotta disagree. Whether a media outlet reports the news accurately or not has nothing to do with how popular they are (re. mainstream).

Breitbart was mainstream for a while, but now they've faded back into obscurity...
      I think the fall of Breitbart is due to Andrew Breitbart's death really. I thought Andrew was really good. Bannon just isn't the same.

Comment

• Well I guess we have more news from the CHAZ

https://www.thedailybeast.com/seattl...utonomous-zone

The Seattle Police Department confirmed that officers were investigating a shooting inside the self-declared autonomous zone known as CHAZ in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle early Saturday morning. Multiple reports on social media suggested that more than one person had been shot in the police-free zone. The area has been occupied since June 8 when police retreated from the precinct, and George Floyd protesters secured an area of around six blocks, which has since been reduced by authorities.
        I find it interesting that American police are investigating this shooting that happened in an autonomous zone. Mmmmmmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Whatever, man.
          He's not wrong Cow Poke. I'd consider it far more honest if people here simple said "liberal media" instead of "MSM" since that is what is meant.

Comment

So, the MSM has their "alternate facts" and Fox News has their "alternate facts"?
            Postmodernism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
              He's not wrong Cow Poke. I'd consider it far more honest if people here simple said "liberal media" instead of "MSM" since that is what is meant.
              For the most part a difference without a distinction like Tomayto or Tomahto

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                For the most part a difference without a distinction like Tomayto or Tomahto
                It displays your biases more accurately.

Comment

It displays your biases more accurately.
                  It doesn't try to obscure the facts.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
                    Well I guess we have more news from the CHAZ

I find it interesting that American police are investigating this shooting that happened in an autonomous zone. Mmmmmmmm
                    Probably because CHAZ is a fantasy playland. Probably once the kids get tired and hungry enough to return home, Seattle officials will tear down the cardboard barriers.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      It doesn't try to obscure the facts.
                      In what way does it obscure the facts by calling it liberal media?

Comment

• CHAZ (or CHOP) is deteriorating as predicted.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Actually, I'm not defending Fox News -- if and when they do something deceptive, I'll happily denounce it. I don't watch Fox News.
                          I thought you watched a lot of Rush Limbaugh and that he was one of your favorite commentators?

Comment

CHAZ (or CHOP) is deteriorating as predicted.
                            The odds were almost against them both externally and internally. It does like it is going to fail predictably.

Comment

I thought you watched a lot of Rush Limbaugh and that he was one of your favorite commentators?
                              I haven't seen Rush Limbaugh in AGES.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I haven't seen Rush Limbaugh in AGES.
                                It was probably ages ago that I heard you say it.

Tempus volat.

Comment