Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I'm beginning to doubt Trump's relection chances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    But since the Repubs make it so so difficult for blacks to vote, Trump still has a chance; at an illegitimate and lawless administration.
    And there is yet another revelation of how racist the left is. Their assumption is that blacks are too inferior in intelligence and resources that they can't go to the DMV to get extra voter verification. I kid you not. There is actual video interviews where whites make this argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
      I'm guessing his pronunciation of the word origins is a bit off

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
        You keep claiming this and it's simply not true.
        IT
        IS
        A
        LITERAL
        AND
        EXPLICIT
        FACT

... that today's Republicans used to be Democrats. Point to some racist history of the Democratic party, and you're pointing at the people who - today - are called Republicans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
          One of my Pastors from my youth was a highly educated man, and he always said "pacific" for "specific" and "pillow" for "pillar".
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

In a discussion of Biden's rhetorical gaffes, Trump's repeated inability to say the word "origins" is especially relevant.

I mean, if a politician unable to express themselves the way elitists would approve of is noteworthy, then Trump is literally just as bad as Biden.

If instead we can chalk up these instances as goofs which don't actually indicate a person's inability to think or lead, then we'd spend no time on this subject.

Comment

• If the extreme left wing fringe nutters keep pushing the envelope, and the Democrats don't stand up to it, or distance themselves from it, it could actually work to reelect Trump.

It's too soon to see how this unfolds - the extreme fringe has gone stark raving mad, and it may fracture the Democratic party so badly....

IF the moderate Dems, or even the "leftist" Dems DO stand up to the extreme left fringe nutters, the ELFN may turn on the....

Who knows!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

In a discussion of Biden's rhetorical gaffes, Trump's repeated inability to say the word "origins" is especially relevant.......
                (It's code to his followers for "Orange Man Bad")

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                  In a discussion of Biden's rhetorical gaffes, Trump's repeated inability to say the word "origins" is especially relevant.
                  (It's code to his followers for "Orange Man Bad")
                  I honestly don't know what this means. By "his", are you referring to Trump?

Comment

I honestly don't know what this means. By "his", are you referring to Trump?
                    A joke, yes.

Comment

IT
                      IS
                      A
                      LITERAL
                      AND
                      EXPLICIT
                      FACT

... that today's Republicans used to be Democrats. Point to some racist history of the Democratic party, and you're pointing at the people who - today - are called Republicans.
                      Actions speak louder than words though, as the saying goes. It sounds like you're hung up on semantics. The racism of the past (i.e. reproduction control of inferior races) correlates with the policies and actions of the left today, whether unwittingly or not. The only difference is how they brilliantly managed to turn those polices into "championing racial and gender equality."

Comment

I mean, if a politician unable to express themselves the way elitists would approve of is noteworthy, then Trump is literally just as bad as Biden.

If instead we can chalk up these instances as goofs which don't actually indicate a person's inability to think or lead, then we'd spend no time on this subject.
                        Biden has a lot more to worry about in this department though. He is at that stage of his life where he is losing his marbles. 10 years ago then I could Biden as a pick but now I think his VP will be more likely be calling the shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                          Trump has come up with an interesting strategy to counter a recent Biden/Trump poll which has Biden leading by +14. The Trump campaign is demanding that CNN retract their recent poll and publish a "full, fair, and conspicuous retraction, apology, and clarification to correct its misleading conclusions." I guess Trump has never heard the expression "don't shoot the messenger".

The CNN SSRS poll is not the only recent poll to show Biden with a sizeable lead. The most recent polls listed on the FIVETHIRTYEIGHT website, and the company that did each poll, are:

+8 Biden - Youguv
                          +8 Biden - Ipsos
                          +7 Biden - MSR
                          +8 Biden - Morning Consult
                          +10 Biden - RMG Research
                          +13 Biden - Data For Progress
                          +12 Biden - Garin-Hart-Yang Research Group
                          +14 Biden - CNN/SSRS
                          +10 Biden - HarrisX

EVEN - Zogby Analytics
                          +10 Biden - Whitman Insight Strategies
                          +7 Biden - Marist College
                          +5 Biden - Research Co.
                          The polls which were released yesterday confirm the substantial lead Biden has over Trump. If Trump is to have any hope of winning in November, he will have to narrow Biden's lead to at most +3, and ideally closer to +2.

Yesterday's polls:

+9 Biden - YouGov
                          +13 Biden - Redfield & Wilton Strategies
                          +11 Biden - Optimus (first poll)
                          +11 Biden - Optimus (second poll)
                          "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                          "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                            The polls which were released yesterday confirm the substantial lead Biden has over Trump. If Trump is to have any hope of winning in November, he will have to narrow Biden's lead to at most +3, and ideally closer to +2.

Yesterday's polls:

+9 Biden - YouGov
                            +13 Biden - Redfield & Wilton Strategies
                            +11 Biden - Optimus (first poll)
                            +11 Biden - Optimus (second poll)
                            Or he can count on republican voter suppression tactics such as just seen in Georgia and in Iowa's post election republican legilation.

Comment

Biden has a lot more to worry about in this department though. He is at that stage of his life where he is losing his marbles. 10 years ago then I could Biden as a pick but now I think his VP will be more likely be calling the shots.
                              This is the conservative perspective, yes.

It's not necessarily a perspective shared by non-conservatives, though - and pointing to instances of Biden fumbling his words is just as scary as instances of Trump doing the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                                Actions speak louder than words though, as the saying goes. It sounds like you're hung up on semantics.
                                Nope. I'm "hung up on" US history

Today's Republicans are the racist Democrats of the past. Pointing at the racist history of the Democratic party in the US is pointing at the GOP.

Comment