Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I didn't figure you could hold back (you didn't 'quote me', but you are CLEARLY replying to my post).
    It's your hypocrisy, Jim, in pitching a crying hissy about being demeaned, and me demeaning others, while you blatantly call those who disagree with you "yahoos".

1 I'll resume my truce with you after this post, if you will continue from this point as well.
    How bout toning down the rhetoric and reigning in the hypocrisy?

One post each.
    I'll post what I want to post where I want to post it, Jim. When I see this hypocrisy, I'll call it out. What was it you said in the other thread? Something about friends don't let friends drive drunk?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      He wasn't running toward them,
      Well, no, unless you watch the video, and see that he actually was.

he avoided their pursuit twice and they kept coming.
      Plenty of stupid to go around that day - if he were afraid for his life, he could have run to a house and asked them to call the police. Running AT people with guns is not the smartest thing a man can do.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        It's your hypocrisy, Jim, in pitching a crying hissy about being demeaned, and me demeaning others, while you blatantly call those who disagree with you "yahoos".

How bout toning down the rhetoric and reigning in the hypocrisy?

I'll post what I want to post where I want to post it, Jim. When I see this hypocrisy, I'll call it out. What was it you said in the other thread? Something about friends don't let friends drive drunk?
        You're the one that contacted me more than once thinking I've somehow not 'kept' the truce when I had in fact kept it. So now you want to chastise me for trying to keep it when you overtly initiated breaking it?

One post each is not a 'command' CP, it's just being fair. You had to say something, so all I'm saying is, ok, but I'll respond and say no more in the interest of keeping the peace.

Yet here you are throwing around the insults to boot!
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          Arbery had no obligation to stop, any more than you would had two black men threatened you.
          He also had no obligation to continue running straight at them.

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          And McMichaels had no authority to stop him with threat of shooting him.
          So you keep saying. What laws did they break?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Plenty of stupid to go around that day - if he were afraid for his life, he could have run to a house and asked them to call the police. Running AT people with guns is not the smartest thing a man can do.
            I will agree with you that he shouldn't have turned at the front of the car and headed towards the younger McMichael.

It's a weird situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
              I will agree with you that he shouldn't have turned at the front of the car and headed towards the younger McMichael.

It's a weird situation.
              It really is.

Comment

You're the one ...!
                ALWAYS "the other guy".

Comment

Well, no, unless you watch the video, and see that he actually was.
                  Too funny, CP. The armed men chasing him becomes him running at them.

Did you ever think that maybe he got tired of running? He could have tried something else, but he had no obligation to stop, to continue running forever and fear being shot in the back. Interesting though that you read the police report that Leonard cited and then you continue to try and defend the vigilantes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    He also had no obligation to continue running straight at them.

So you keep saying. What laws did they break?
                    Unlawful detainment?

Comment

I wasn't paying attention - I was just wrapping up a funeral, and was thinking about a total different case. I'll watch the video again, Jim.

Comment

ALWAYS "the other guy".
                        In this case it's all you CP.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                          Unlawful detainment?
                          Was it?

Comment

Did you ever think that maybe he got tired of running? He could have tried something else, but he had no obligation to stop, to continue running forever and fear being shot in the back. Interesting though that you read the police report that Leonard cited and then you continue to try and defend the vigilantes.
                            Most of the folks here arguing for the shooters will never ask themselves what it would have been like to have been in Arbery's shoes.

Comment

Most of the folks here arguing for the shooters will never ask themselves what it would have been like to have been in Arbery's shoes.
                              Frankly, I have trouble imaging what it would have been like to be in either party's shoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Frankly, I have trouble imaging what it would have been like to be in either party's shoes.
                                Truly lame MM, truly lame. You can, if you want to. You just have to imagine yourself out for a run. Stopping for a break. And then three men in two cars, at least two armed. Come after you.

If you can't empathise with the fear and terror and confusion that would bring, then that explains a lot.
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-20-2020, 11:21 PM.

Comment