Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    No doubt there are some black voices who think appeasement of white supremacists is going to work. They are dead wrong. The ruling elite are moving firmly to the right, suppressing voting rights, trades unions, access to abortion, allowing discrimination on religious grounds, and many other things. They are determined to turn the clock back about sixty years, and keep it there. Most so called Christians on this board are all for it.
    Yes, we get it, any black person that thinks every life matters, not just black ones, and who doesn't buy into the victim complex that racemongers like yourself like to shov3 on then, is a white supremacist.

Just a side note, you mention voting rights.....

Are you aware the majority of black people favor voter ID laws?

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
      There's a lot more to the story than a black man killed while jogging. That narrative is pretty old now. He was seen/caught trespassing in a home under construction, in a neighborhood that had experienced a rash of burglaries and he ran away when he was discovered. 911 was called and 2 men attempted to stop him and detain him until the police arrived. One of the men was a retired Police officer and had a license to carry a gun. Ahmaud stupidly (IMO) attacked and attempted to wrestle the gun away and was shot multiple times.

Lot's of things went horribly wrong here with a lot of mistakes on both sides.
      First, there were not 'a lot' of burglaries reported by the home owner. nor in the neighborhood. The home owner never reported property missing from the house. Second there were a number of people who were sen on the security videos walking through the property. The videos did not show theft by anyone. Third, having a license for a gun is not relevant to the case..

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
        No doubt there are some black voices who think appeasement of white supremacists is going to work. They are dead wrong. The ruling elite are moving firmly to the right, suppressing voting rights, trades unions, access to abortion, allowing discrimination on religious grounds, and many other things. They are determined to turn the clock back about sixty years, and keep it there. Most so called Christians on this board are all for it.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

It never ceases to amaze me how some leftists "think."
          I have no doubt that many do, but the ones here don't seem to have that capacity.
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
            I have no doubt that many do, but the ones here don't seem to have that capacity.
            I know more than a few who for the most part quite intelligent but at this time juncture we are experiencing a dearth of that caliber here.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              I know more than a few who for the most part quite intelligent but at this time juncture we are experiencing a dearth of that caliber here.
              I've known liberals who are intelligent, rational beings until it comes to politics, at which point they become raving lunatics who think shouting Democrat catchphrases at you is a legitimate argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Yes, we get it, any black person that thinks every life matters, not just black ones, and who doesn't buy into the victim complex that racemongers like yourself like to shov3 on then, is a white supremacist.

Just a side note, you mention voting rights.....
                https://www.newsweek.com/what-i-lear...=1638238905082

Despite the simplicity of this truth, it is not uncontroversial. This simple sentence—"All lives Matter"—got a newscaster fired as recently as last year. It has long been considered a right-wing dogwhistle for racism on the Left, shorthand for a person unfeeling about threats to Black life.

But how can something true be racist?

That's what Ahmaud Arbery's father understood. And what so many who claim to stand for Black lives need to learn.

Americans have formed a consensus around the importance of guilty verdicts for people like Derek Chauvin, George Floyd's killer, and the men who lynched Ahmaud. ... I can't recall seeing a single conservative defending Ahmaud's killers. The opposite: There seemed to be wall-to-wall approval and praise of the guilty verdict that will all but certainly send them to life in prison.

1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

https://www.newsweek.com/what-i-lear...=1638238905082

Despite the simplicity of this truth, it is not uncontroversial. This simple sentence—"All lives Matter"—got a newscaster fired as recently as last year. It has long been considered a right-wing dogwhistle for racism on the Left, shorthand for a person unfeeling about threats to Black life.

But how can something true be racist?

That's what Ahmaud Arbery's father understood. And what so many who claim to stand for Black lives need to learn.

Americans have formed a consensus around the importance of guilty verdicts for people like Derek Chauvin, George Floyd's killer, and the men who lynched Ahmaud. ... I can't recall seeing a single conservative defending Ahmaud's killers. The opposite: There seemed to be wall-to-wall approval and praise of the guilty verdict that will all but certainly send them to life in prison.
                  But that doesn't fit into the narrative that the left needs to be true.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Sentencing occurred today. The father and son got life without parole. The neighbor got life with the possibility of future parole.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/men-convi...060727736.html

Comment

• So, remember how the DOJ under Biden was going to pursue hate crime charges? It appears they've come out with a plea deal with the father and son.

And the family of Arbery is NOT happy, saying Biden's DOJ betrayed them and came up with a 'backroom deal', and they plan to strongly oppose the deal in court when it goes before a judge. Now who would have thought Mr. "You Ain't Black" would do this?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/31/us/tr...ges/index.html

Comment

So, remember how the DOJ under Biden was going to pursue hate crime charges? It appears they've come out with a plea deal with the father and son.

And the family of Arbery is NOT happy, saying Biden's DOJ betrayed them and came up with a 'backroom deal', and they plan to strongly oppose the deal in court when it goes before a judge. Now who would have thought Mr. "You Ain't Black" would do this?

Honestly? They've already gotten Life without (and life with for the 3rd). I'm not really sure that there's much of an impact one way or the other with a federal plea deal.

Comment

So, remember how the DOJ under Biden was going to pursue hate crime charges? It appears they've come out with a plea deal with the father and son.

I mean, what's the point of another trial when they've already received the harshest sentence possible short of death?

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Honestly? They've already gotten Life without (and life with for the 3rd). I'm not really sure that there's much of an impact one way or the other with a federal plea deal.
                            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I mean, what's the point of another trial when they've already received the harshest sentence possible short of death?

I agree, actually, I didn't see the need for the charges in the first place, but the biden admin insisted and now have in typical Biden fashion, fumbled it greatly to the point the family is speaking out against them and will argue against them in court.

From what I've heard it sounds like a deal where they admit they were motivated by hate, and they get their preferred penitentiary (just a guess but probably one as filled with white people as possible) in return.
                            Last edited by Gondwanaland; 01-31-2022, 09:09 AM.

Comment

... (just a guess but probably one as filled with white people as possible) ...
                              Yeah, put those guys in a prison with a significant black population, and it'll be a death sentence.

Comment

• So, looking at the comments on the Huffpost article on this, it's funny.

It's essentially full of bloodthirsty liberals who want their jail time to be as hard and punishing as possible. How DARE they end up spending the first 30 years in a "better" prison, when they should be in georgia's more crowded, less funded, harsher prison system.

At this point it's not about justice, it's about revenge.

Comment