Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Stop spreading garbage online conspiracy theories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Thanks, but that is true only when the fellow or gal on the other end will allow it.
    This is where you are wrong --- your whole life of late seems to be controlled by or conditioned on "what the other guy" says or does. That's not who you are, Jim.

Either you are a very intelligent man capable of reasonable discussion, as I stated, or you're not. You are allowing others to control who you are.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Please - just stop.
      Isn't your plea misdirected here?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        This is where you are wrong --- your whole life of late seems to be controlled by or conditioned on "what the other guy" says or does. That's not who you are, Jim.

Either you are a very intelligent man capable of reasonable discussion, as I stated, or you're not. You are allowing others to control who you are.
        There you go again ... It is hypocritical at best to goad others to frustration and then badger them for not getting frustrated.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
          Isn't your plea misdirected here?
          Do you have anything related to the op you'd like to say?
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

There you go again ...
            Yeah, I have a propensity for speaking the truth.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, I have a propensity for speaking the truth.
              No - you have a propensity for goading others to some reaction over which you then claim some sort of moral superiority.

You would not last 3 posts if I returned to you what you dish out.

Comment

No - you have a propensity for goading others to some reaction over which you then claim some sort of moral superiority.
                I can see how somebody with insecurity issues would think that.

You would not last 3 posts if I returned to you what you dish out.
                I'd invite you to "bring it on", but it would only be further proof of what I've been saying all along.

Comment

Do you have anything related to the op you'd like to say?
                  Well, has someone here charged this woman, or was this just from elsewhere? I don't recall reading anything about it here until you started this thread.

Comment

Well, has someone here charged this woman, or was this just from elsewhere? I don't recall reading anything about it here until you started this thread.
                    It was in the news first this morning. Not sure what you mean by 'charged', she's done nothing criminal. But she's been (wrongly) accused of starting the Covid 19 pandemic, that has gone viral on the internet, and has been latched onto both in China and in the US, and as a result her life has been turned upside down:

Source: op article

The false claims are spreading across YouTube every day, so far racking up hundreds of thousands of apparent views, and have been embraced by Chinese Communist Party media. Despite never having tested positive for the coronavirus or experienced symptoms, Benassi and her husband are now subjects of discussion on Chinese social media about the outbreak, including among accounts that are known drivers of large-scale coordinated activities by their followers.
                    The claims have turned their lives upside down.

The couple say their home address has been posted online and that, before they shut down their accounts, their social media inboxes were overrun with messages from believers of the conspiracy.

© Copyright Original Source

It's just nuts, and an example of how careless and hateful people can be - and acting solely on rumor and innuendo.
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-27-2020, 04:43 PM.

Comment

I can see how somebody with insecurity issues would think that.

I'd invite you to "bring it on", but it would only be further proof of what I've been saying all along.
                      You can leave now. You clearly have no other purpose here than to continue derailing the thread with personal attacks on me.

Comment

Ronson - I used this example on purpose because it HAS NOT been used here. I've already explained that several times. The reason I did that was to try to avoid having the thread derailed by those that would support the particular internet nuttery I might pick to raise the issue if it were an issue that had been promoted here previously.

My attempt to avoid a derail has failed for other reasons, but there was not much I could do about that.

Comment

You can leave now. You clearly have no other purpose here than to continue derailing the thread with personal attacks on me.
                          Ah..... you engage in this back and forth, and make a silly childish claim that "You would not last 3 posts if I returned to you what you dish out" -- that shows who you really are, Jim -- a vindictive angry old fart who allows himself to be controlled by everybody else, then blames THEM.

Get well soon, Jim.

Comment

Ah..... you engage in this back and forth, and make a silly childish claim that "You would not last 3 posts if I returned to you what you dish out" -- that shows who you really are, Jim -- a vindictive angry old fart who allows himself to be controlled by everybody else, then blames THEM.

Get well soon, Jim.
                            CP - I asked you to leave. You are a moderator, but you have no permission from me to post in this thread any longer except under your role as moderator (which would mean enforcing other ejections or disciplining me if I broke a TWEB rule). Are you going to abuse your power as moderator or are you going to leave?

Comment

CP - I asked you to leave.
                              Jim, I explained how this works. When you ask somebody to leave, it's generally accepted that they get one last post on their way out. That was mine. When you continue to engage that person, your "kick them out" becomes null and void.

You are a moderator, but you have no permission from me to post in this thread except under your role as moderator (which would mean enforcing other ejections or disciplining me if I broke a TWEB rule). Are you going to abuse your power as moderator or are you going to leave?
                              Jim, when you kick somebody out of a thread, DO NOT ABUSE THE REPORT FUNCTION by crying to the moderators when you continue to engage or talk ABOUT That person.

If you kick somebody out of your thread, then SHUT UP and let them leave.

Comment

I understand. My objection was that that particular accusation/story had not run here.

And - even if it had - it would not do the woman any harm being discussed here. The harm comes when she's doxxed.

Comment