Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proposes injecting people with disinfectant to kill Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    The local consumer affairs watchdog reported that his wife 'poisoned' herself after repeatedly sanitizing the kitchen floor with a Swiffer while barefooted.

I predict that by 2025 we'll see a flood of lawyer commercials on TV encouraging folks to join a class action law suit against sanitizer manufacturers
    Which is really odd. Do you plan on licking the floor or your feet? If not, why spend more time scrubbing your floor than normal?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
      Actually Trump's quote caused the number of calls to go down (compare March 55%) to April (40-45%).

Classic Shunya - cite something 'authoritative' that undermines his own position.
      I did! You are being dishonestly selective. Which kind of calls? My reference was specific to the calls referenced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        You're a moron if you believe that.
        Your dishonest if you believe that. Of course you are a devoted Trunpateer.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          Your dishonest if you believe that.
          Sure, we can add that:

You're a moron and you're dishonest if you believe that Trump proposed injecting people with household cleaners.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            Which is really odd. Do you plan on licking the floor or your feet? If not, why spend more time scrubbing your floor than normal?
            Often that kind of obsessive and excessive cleaning is a symptom of a mental disorder.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I did! You are being dishonestly selective. Which kind of calls? My reference was specific to the calls referenced.
              Says the person blaming Trump for events that happened in March, for comments he made in late April.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Apparently she absorbed it through her feet.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Often that kind of obsessive and excessive cleaning is a symptom of a mental disorder.
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Apparently she absorbed it through her feet.
                    I would think it would take a lot of exposures to do that. Likely far more than necessary.

https://www.pg.com/productsafety/sds...ER_OF_DAWN.pdf
                    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 04-29-2020, 10:09 AM.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Sure, we can add that:

You're a moron and you're dishonest if you believe that Trump proposed injecting people with household cleaners.

It depends whether you're a consequentialist or not. Are you?

Comment

Says the person blaming Trump for events that happened in March, for comments he made in late April.
                        Actually blaming Trump for the lack of leadership, proactive and aggressive action within the USA, in February. The ending flights from China were ineffective but necessary, because the virus ahd already spread from China and Europe.

His negative statements dismissing the virus early do have a negative effect on the people of the USA. He had a lot of early warning from his staff and and WHO. I previously documented the communications between WHO, CDC, and the HHS, which Trump dismissed as not a threat in the USA.
                        Last edited by shunyadragon; 04-30-2020, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Actually blaming Trump for the lack of leadership, proactive and aggressive action within the USA, in February. The ending flights from China were ineffective but necessary, because the virus ahd already spread from China and Europe.

His negative statements dismissing the virus early do have a negative effect on the people of the USA. He had a lot of early warning from his staff and and WHO. I previously documented the communications between WHO, CDC, and the HHS, which Trump dismissed as not a threat in the USA.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• My primary reference was the increase in the reports of the increase of self injection reports after Trumps statements.

Source: https://www.newsweek.com/kansas-poison-control-sees-uptick-cleaning-chemical-cases-1500723

KANSAS POISON CONTROL SEES RISE IN PEOPLE INJECTING CLEANING CHEMICALS

The poison control center in Kansas has recently seen a 40 percent increase in "cleaning chemical cases," according to the state's Department of Health and poison control center.

"We've really seen a spike in calls relating to cleaning products starting in March, where compared to last year, we have had a 55 percent increase in calls related to cleaning products," Elizabeth Silver, managing director at the University of Kansas Health System's poison control center, told Fox 4 News in Kansas. "In April, actually, we are up to about 40 to 45 percent in calls."

Dr. Lee Norman, the Secretary of the Department of Health and Environment in Kansas, cited the state's poison control center during a press conference on Monday, when talking about the increase in "cleaning chemical cases."

"Including a fellow who over the weekend drank a product because of the advice he received," Norman said on Monday. "So, we're doing what we can to counter-message against that kind of remedy."

The increase in calls to the Kansas poison control center comes after President Donald Trump appeared to suggest that injecting cleaning and disinfecting products could be a treatment method for the new coronavirus.

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by shunyadragon; 04-30-2020, 07:35 AM.

Comment

My primary reference was the increase in the reports of the increase of self injection reports after Trumps statements.

Source: https://www.newsweek.com/kansas-poison-control-sees-uptick-cleaning-chemical-cases-1500723

KANSAS POISON CONTROL SEES RISE IN PEOPLE INJECTING CLEANING CHEMICALS

The poison control center in Kansas has recently seen a 40 percent increase in "cleaning chemical cases," according to the state's Department of Health and poison control center.

"We've really seen a spike in calls relating to cleaning products starting in March, where compared to last year, we have had a 55 percent increase in calls related to cleaning products," Elizabeth Silver, managing director at the University of Kansas Health System's poison control center, told Fox 4 News in Kansas. "In April, actually, we are up to about 40 to 45 percent in calls."

Dr. Lee Norman, the Secretary of the Department of Health and Environment in Kansas, cited the state's poison control center during a press conference on Monday, when talking about the increase in "cleaning chemical cases."

"Including a fellow who over the weekend drank a product because of the advice he received," Norman said on Monday. "So, we're doing what we can to counter-message against that kind of remedy."

The increase in calls to the Kansas poison control center comes after President Donald Trump appeared to suggest that injecting cleaning and disinfecting products could be a treatment method for the new coronavirus.

In April, so you have proof:

- these calls were cases of people injecting themselves with cleaners vs increase usage of household cleaners due to the current crisis?
                              - that they happened after April 24th?

You seemed to have missed where the very beginning said they saw a rise in cases, way back in March. Did you not read everything said or did you merely pick our what you wanted to hear?

Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 04-30-2020, 08:45 AM.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Source: Trump Says To Drink Lots Of Water, Media Reports He Told Everyone To Drown Themselves

Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment