Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Half of all cases happening in care homes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    This is a flat out lie.
    And he totally ignored my question to him. He's such a troll-y troll.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
      Post number 12: "the quality of the employees seems to indicate a "let's hire the absolute cheapest labor we can get away with", and condition of the facility is run down."
      A factual statement. There are various skill levels in health care, simp. I happen to know how to read a nametag.

Do you inform the workers when you go into the nursing home that they appear to be the cheapest labor the home can get away with? Do you think those workers would see it as denigrating their work and themselves?
      We're there to support them, simp - no denigration whatsoever.

There are two questions here, but I suppose only the first one is needed: Do you tell the workers that they appear to be the cheapest help available?
      I'd leave that to a self-righteous Pharisee like you.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I'm beginning to think he's trying to outdo Ox in the root-of-bitterness department.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm beginning to think he's trying to outdo Ox in the root-of-bitterness department.
          Pretty much.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I did not answer it, as I think it besides the point.

In case you are unfamiliar with the parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector, you can find it in Luke 18.

Comment

A factual statement. There are various skill levels in health care, simp. I happen to know how to read a nametag.

We're there to support them, simp - no denigration whatsoever.

I'd leave that to a self-righteous Pharisee like you.
              And the name tag suggests for you the quality of their work!

Comment

And the name tag suggests for you the quality of their work!
                Actually, no --- but there is a huge difference between Nurse's Assistant, Nurse, Physician's Assistant, Director of Nursing, etc.....

How bout you do a little more research on this before spewing forth more ignorance, like calling residents "patients" and calling nursing homes "hospitals".

Comment

Actually, no --- but there is a huge difference between Nurse's Assistant, Nurse, Physician's Assistant, Director of Nursing, etc.....

How bout you do a little more research on this before spewing forth more ignorance, like calling residents "patients" and calling nursing homes "hospitals".
                  I defer to your expertise. Laugh out Loud

Does the Nurse's Assistant (hey, does the capitalization change the meaning, or just give it an air of authority?) have a quality any less than a nurse? I find your posts so informative.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    No, the horribleness (is that a word?) was from the way the people are being treated. Most nursing homes are understaffed, have a low budget, and staffed with people who don't seem to care about the patients. It's probably the lowest rung on the healthcare ladder. If you are any good, you would be working somewhere else. And that shows. I have had family members in nursing homes.

Now I am not saying that there are NO people working there that care for patients and do a good job. I am sure there are, and probably some good nursing homes out there, but by and large, they are not someplace you want to end up, or loved ones. We put our mother in one when she had lung cancer on the advice of a doctor. After only a few days, we took her back out and my brother took her in and hired home nurses and hospice. My brother's father-in-law had a stroke and their family could not care for him and there wasn't any home healthcare avaliable there so he had to go to a nursing home. They took such poor care of him that he lost a leg because they didn't catch an infection in time. He eventually died there.
                    As I previously noted that the problem is not the nursing homes it is the fact that the elderly over 65 and the vulnerable are by far the highest group in the fatalities and severe cases. The extended care just happen to be where a large portion of elderly and vulnerable live. It just takes one person that is asymptomatic or have a mild infection to contaminate nursing homes, and there are hundreds of thousands or more carriers of COVAG-19 with little or no symptoms.

Comment

I did not answer it, as I think it besides the point.

In case you are unfamiliar with the parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector, you can find it in Luke 18.
                      You didn't answer the question because you likely do nothing for your local nursing homes. You likely don't even visit anybody who resides in one out of simple Christian care and concern.

You are a hypocrite of the highest order.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                        As I previously noted that the problem is not the nursing homes it is the fact that the elderly over 65 and the vulnerable are by far the highest group in the fatalities and severe cases. The extended care just happen to be where a large portion of elderly and vulnerable live. It just takes one person that is asymptomatic or have a mild infection to contaminate nursing homes, and there are hundreds of thousands or more carriers of COVAG-19 with little or no symptoms.
                        Yes! That is exactly what happens. It is the same with any infectious things going around. Residents of nursing homes and long care facilities are prone to all kinds of flus and other things because they are vulnerable, not only because of where they reside, but because they have, often, underlying health issues.

Comment

I defer to your expertise.
                          You really should, since you appear to have precious little.

Laugh out Loud
                          Now you're denigrating?

Does the Nurse's Assistant (hey, does the capitalization change the meaning, or just give it an air of authority?) have a quality any less than a nurse?
                          It's a title, and I guess I could have typed it in lowercase if I were wanting to denigrate that person.

I find your posts so informative.
                          Well, you could, if you weren't so bent on being a horses' butt.
                          Last edited by Cow Poke; 04-18-2020, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Yes! That is exactly what happens. It is the same with any infectious things going around. Residents of nursing homes and long care facilities are prone to all kinds of flus and other things because they are vulnerable, not only because of where they reside, but because they have, often, underlying health issues.
                            This is compounded by the fact that this virus dominantly severely infects and kills the elderly and vulnerable in and out of the extended care facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                              This is compounded by the fact that this virus dominantly severely infects and kills the elderly and vulnerable in and out of the extended care facilities.
                              And the fact that those in nursing homes and care facilities are pretty much immobile, with a constant stream of care givers coming from other residents to them, then on to other residents...

Comment

You didn't answer the question because you likely do nothing for your local nursing homes. You likely don't even visit anybody who resides in one out of simple Christian care and concern.
                                That is one possibility. Another possibility is that I take the Bible, and the words of our Savior seriously.

You are a hypocrite of the highest order.
                                Does that mean I am not invited to canada?

Comment