Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Donald Trump and the Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liberals are spending big money on ads in a desperate attempt to tie the Wuhan virus around Trump's neck.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...r-coronavirus/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Liberals are spending big money on ads in a desperate attempt to tie the Wuhan virus around Trump's neck.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...r-coronavirus/
      It's election season, MM. The coronaviris and Trumps handling of it is an issue.
      Last edited by JimL; 03-17-2020, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        It's election season, MM. The coronaviris and Trumps handling of it is an issue.
        And your evidence that Clinton would have handled it better is...
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Ah. You must mean he hasn't cleared out the swamp sufficiently to have effective government.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            And your evidence that Clinton would have handled it better is...
            Well, since Clinton isn't in office we don't know how she would have handled it. I doubt though that she would have disbanded the pandemic response team, refused the testing kits offered by the W.H.O, or downplayed the seriousness of the outbreak and it's possible consequences in the belief that it would miraculously disappear by April.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
              Ah. You must mean he hasn't cleared out the swamp sufficiently to have effective government.
              That's true, he hasn't, he has instead filled the swamp with corrupt loyalist which of course is the path any wannabe dictator would take.

Comment

That's true, he hasn't, he has instead filled the swamp with corrupt loyalist which of course is the path any wannabe dictator would take.
                What? He filled the swamp with people that Hillary, the wannabe dictator, wanted? That is weird.

Comment

Well, since Clinton isn't in office we don't know how she would have handled it. I doubt though that she would have disbanded the pandemic response team, refused the testing kits offered by the W.H.O, or downplayed the seriousness of the outbreak and it's possible consequences in the belief that it would miraculously disappear by April.
                  Oops
                  Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 03-17-2020, 09:42 PM.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                    Dr Fauci knows what happens to officials who are disloyal to Trump, they are ostracized.

I wonder why the mixed reports on the administration:

I know, I know. The MSM just hates Trump so much, they manufacture such false claims out of thin air.

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
                      I know, I know. The MSM just hates Trump so much, they manufacture such false claims out of thin air.
                      They do, and they have. The evidence for this is undeniable.

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
                        Dr Fauci knows what happens to officials who are disloyal to Trump, they are ostracized.

I wonder why the mixed reports on the administration:

Your tin foil hat is showing. Got any evidence that someone involved in advising presidents in infectious disease, for roughly 35 years, is the least bit intimated?
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

They do, and they have. The evidence for this is undeniable.
                          Cool. Since either Dr Fauci said it and the NYT was right, or Fauci did not say it and the NYT was wrong, we are left with the question of whether the administration tried to follow the Chinese authoritarian model for transparency or not.

Apparently Dr Fauci's associates are dishonest liars.

Comment

Do Americans trust the President? three quarters of Republicans trust our reality TV president, and think the epidemic is blown out of proportion. But the most interesting point is that the more information we have (we know more now in mid March than in February), the more the threat is exagerated!

While health professionals are unified worldwide in recognizing it as a threat, Trump supporters in this information age are solidifying around the idea that it is blown out of proportion and the MSM is needlessly panicking people.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/17/81668...on-coronavirus

Comment

Did you know you can recognize something as a threat without needlessly panicking people? That pesky excluded middle...

Comment

Did you know you can recognize something as a threat without needlessly panicking people? That pesky excluded middle...
                                Just how do you define (what is included in) panicking people? And can the citizens of this country be informed, kept abreast of developments, without 'panicking' people?

Western NY, like Buffalo New York, is in the snow belt, the winter snows plus all the lake effect snows mean people are used to large snowfalls and blizzards. But even here where we are used to being buried in snow and quickly digging out, a forecast of a snow event causes a run on grocery stores. And scientist dig through garbage dumps examining the garbage that is land filled. What they found is that forecast of snow in western NY prompts people to buy food, then it gets tossed out later. They can trace the weather forecasts by digging through garbage similar to scientists digging through ice. And western NY is no different from other parts of the country.

People react and over react to news. Is forcasting snow needlessly panicking people?

Is informing people of the disease needlessly panicking people? China has been severely criticized for it handling of this epidemic, the usual need to quell public discomfort and panic backfired.

Comment