Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Don't Test, Don't Tell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminder about bureaucracy:

https://gab.com/system/media_attachm...de0e75deed.mp4
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Poland and Czech Republic close borders.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Just tell everyone to stay inside their homes for a month, and shoot anyone who doesn't. Problem solved.
        Which brings us to this...

Source: Coronavirus patient under 24/7 armed guard after REFUSING to self-isolate

A CORONAVIRUS patient in Kentucky has been placed under 24/7 armed guard after refusing to self-isolate.

Gov. Andy Beshear said the state had to make the unusual move to protect others nearby.

Deputies are now stationed outside the 53-year-old man's house around-the-clock in Nelson County.

"It's a step I hoped I never had to take, but we can't allow one person who we know has this virus to refuse to protect their neighbors," Gov. Beshear told reporters.

The unidentified man is the only coronavirus patient in the county, and officials were worried that he could infect others.

A total of 18 people have tested positive in Kentucky.

The patient had left the hospital without permission, according to TV station WDRB.

"We've got to make sure that people who have tested positive, that we know could be spreading the virus, and simply refuse to do the right thing, do the right thing," the governor said, according to the Herald Leader.

County Judge-Executive Dean Watts declared a state of emergency and invoked an obscure statute to allow the forced self-quarantine, the newspaper reported.

The state is bracing for the possibility of many more positive cases, and the governor said hospitals should be prepared for that.

"The fact is we need all the capacity we can to deal with the cases we're going to see," Beshear said, according to the Herald Leader.

"... We want to make sure we have the resources to help every single one of these people."

He told reporters that "we jut have to do what it takes to lessen the spread of this coronavirus and I don't want to be the governor that waits two weeks too late to take some of those steps."

There have been more than 2,000 coronavirus cases in the US and 60 deaths.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
          Germany and UK have chosen DTDT, Denmark is going full lockdown.
          Yup, shutting our borders even to Sweden.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Which brings us to this...

Source: Coronavirus patient under 24/7 armed guard after REFUSING to self-isolate

A CORONAVIRUS patient in Kentucky has been placed under 24/7 armed guard after refusing to self-isolate.

Gov. Andy Beshear said the state had to make the unusual move to protect others nearby.

Deputies are now stationed outside the 53-year-old man's house around-the-clock in Nelson County.

"It's a step I hoped I never had to take, but we can't allow one person who we know has this virus to refuse to protect their neighbors," Gov. Beshear told reporters.

The unidentified man is the only coronavirus patient in the county, and officials were worried that he could infect others.

A total of 18 people have tested positive in Kentucky.

The patient had left the hospital without permission, according to TV station WDRB.

"We've got to make sure that people who have tested positive, that we know could be spreading the virus, and simply refuse to do the right thing, do the right thing," the governor said, according to the Herald Leader.

County Judge-Executive Dean Watts declared a state of emergency and invoked an obscure statute to allow the forced self-quarantine, the newspaper reported.

The state is bracing for the possibility of many more positive cases, and the governor said hospitals should be prepared for that.

"The fact is we need all the capacity we can to deal with the cases we're going to see," Beshear said, according to the Herald Leader.

"... We want to make sure we have the resources to help every single one of these people."

He told reporters that "we jut have to do what it takes to lessen the spread of this coronavirus and I don't want to be the governor that waits two weeks too late to take some of those steps."

There have been more than 2,000 coronavirus cases in the US and 60 deaths.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Would they really have shot him dead if he tried to leave?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Would they really have shot him dead if he tried to leave?
              If they are going to threaten using deadly force, they should be prepared to carry it out.

Comment

If they are going to threaten using deadly force, they should be prepared to carry it out.
                Yes, but would anybody really do it?

Comment

I don't think deadly force is neccessary to stop a guy from leaving a house.

To be honest I don't get why a corona infected person would be eager to infect others.

Comment

Clearly he is in denial. Or he's too proud to admit he's that sick. Either way, it was their job to restrain him since the moment they knew he was highly contagious *and* a threat to public safety.

Hope that doesn't happen too often.
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                      I don't think deadly force is neccessary to stop a guy from leaving a house.

To be honest I don't get why a corona infected person would be eager to infect others.
                      He could be one of those who don't show any severe symptoms and therefore might consider himself to be "fine" and doesn't understand what the fuss is about.

Or maybe he's like Typhoid Mary.

Hard to tell.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'd assume that the preferred course would be tasers.

Comment

At least we're not like China where those critical of the government have a habit of disappearing. The latest is a Chinese business man.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...irus-response/

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Don't Japanese go around wearing masks all the time anyway?
                            The Japanese are an interesting case since they are so close to China and have an even older population than Italy. What probably helps is their high level of hygiene, and that they're used to wearing masks when sick. Incredible level of social responsibility.

But demi still sees it as evidence that the pandemic is not actually that serious. Japan is refusing to test widely because of the Olympics, and yet they are not being overwhelmed.

Comment

governments have been largely unprepared.
                              One month ago demi pointed out governments across the world are not prepared, and it has only become more obvious with time.

The CDC back in Obama's day didn't have sufficient masks or hospital beds or ICU beds or negative pressure rooms or medical staff to deal with an actual pandemic-level threat. This is the same throughout the whole world. The 'special task force for Ebola' and other nonsense started in Obama's day didn't fix this despite being there for 3-4 years.

People simply need to accept that all governments have not prepared well for deadly pandemics that could be reasonably expected to happen from time to time. None of the CDCs across the world are prepared. No country is prepared.
                              People should be focusing on this and how to prepare for the next time. Instead we get the retarded neocon attacks on China, China trolling back, Trump trying to absolve himself from any blame, Trump supporters defending himself, progressives yelling 'racist' to blame Trump.

Comment

The Japanese are an interesting case since they are so close to China and have an even older population than Italy. What probably helps is their high level of hygiene, and that they're used to wearing masks when sick. Incredible level of social responsibility.

But demi still sees it as evidence that the pandemic is not actually that serious. Japan is refusing to test widely because of the Olympics, and yet they are not being overwhelmed.
                                You should be ashamed of yourself. Saying that, thinking that, can and likely will have deadly consequences to others, possibly to yourself.

That facts clearly show otherwise. Face them.
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 03-21-2020, 08:50 PM.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment